WoW Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes - March 16, 2021

WoW Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes - March 16, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Fixed an issue where Aspect of the Cheetah would break invisibility potion effects.
    • Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Fixed an issue where Spirit Wolf (Talent) would break invisibility potion effects.
      • Enhancement
        • Fixed an issue where Maelstrom Weapon could break invisibility potion effects.
      • Restoration
        • Increased the damage of Lava Burst by 10%.
          • Developers' note: This change is to counter the 10% damage reduction to Lava Burst in patch 9.0.5 which was primarily intended as a change to Elemental Shaman.
    • Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Protection
        • Fixed an issue preventing Stalwart Guardian's (Conduit) cooldown reduction effect for Shield Wall from improving with item level.

Covenants

• Venthyr
      • Fixed an issue where players who were a member of the Venthyr covenant, swapped to a different covenant, and swapped back could have the first chapter of their campaign display as incomplete.

Dungeons and Raids

• Spires of Ascension
      • Fixed an issue where the first pack of Etherdivers and a Forsworn Skirmisher just after the Kin-Tara encounter would sometimes evade.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue that allowed some of the Covenant Hearthstone toys to be used on alts that are not a part of that covenant. The tooltips will be updated in a future patch to reflect this requirement.

Player versus Player

• Arathi Blizzard has replaced Tarren Mill vs Southshore for the weekly brawl.

Quests

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• Anima Powers
      • Shaman
        • Restoration
          • The Bottle of Swirling Maelstrom Healing Rain damage effect will now properly cause creatures to attack you.
      • Warlock
        • Fixed an issue where Bottled Shadow would create two icons in your Anima Power user interface.

They've also hotfixed the Phalynx mounts so you don't sit on them spread eagled anymore.

"Fixed an issue that allowed some of the Covenant Hearthstone toys to be used on alts that are not a part of that covenant."

Yeah, the 'issue' where people were allowed to have a tiny bit of fun with a toy they earned. God forbid. You have to have been part of that covenant somewhere on your account in order to obtain that toy - why restrict it? Who cares what you do with it once you've earned it? Same goes for the mounts and renown 40 titles.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2021-03-17 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    "Fixed an issue that allowed some of the Covenant Hearthstone toys to be used on alts that are not a part of that covenant."

Yeah, the 'issue' where people were allowed to have a tiny bit of fun with a toy they earned. God forbid. You have to have been part of that covenant somewhere on your account in order to obtain that toy - why restrict it? Who cares what you do with it once you've earned it? Same goes for the mounts and renown 40 titles.
    How do you decide what should be character specific and what should be account wide?
    Why shouldn't my DK get a free vault slot every week? I got Keystone Master and AotC on my Priest after all. A single vault slot with the ilvl equal to my lowest ilvl item would be nice without giving me a massive advantage.

Mounts/Titles are permanent. In my opinion it makes less sense to have those be account wide, or at least the ones you get from doing content that is locked to a character (you can only be one covenant at a time, class at a time, faction at a time etc.).

My DK didn't do anything for the Venthyr. Why should she be a Countess?

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    How do you decide what should be character specific and what should be account wide?
    Why shouldn't my DK get a free vault slot every week? I got Keystone Master and AotC on my Priest after all. A single vault slot with the ilvl equal to my lowest ilvl item would be nice without giving me a massive advantage.

Mounts/Titles are permanent. In my opinion it makes less sense to have those be account wide, or at least the ones you get from doing content that is locked to a character (you can only be one covenant at a time, class at a time, faction at a time etc.).

I feel the same way about PVP titles, apparently I can use my gladiator title on classes that I have barely played

I suck at my DH, why am I a gladiator

It would actually be brilliant to make the vault be account wide, with a max of 1 pick per character, but limited total number of picks by number of characters that qualified.

So if you do 4 Mythic 14s on your main, you can get 1 TOTAL pick of a 226 item across all characters.
    If you also did 4 Mythic 1s on your alt, you'd get 1 TOTAL pick of a 184 item across all your characters in addition to 1 TOTAL pick of a 226. This would allow you to 'carry' your alts on your main without giving it for free, since it takes away from your main, but still give you the ability to do stuff on your alt for either other alts or some random slots on your main.

wtb ww monk buff since you bug fixed us out of our niche thx..

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fixed an issue that allowed some of the Covenant Hearthstone toys to be used on alts that are not a part of that covenant. The tooltips will be updated in a future patch to reflect this requirement.
    So all those months that patch 9.0.2 was out, and only now you nerf the fun out of them because allegedly it was never intended to begin with? -_-

I say things that are purely cosmetic should be account-wide and you jump to "yeah but what if they made the weekly gear chest account-wide too"? Those are not comparable at all.
    Being able to use a toy, mount, or title on any character doesn't hurt anyone or give anyone an advantage. And even if you want to make the roleplaying argument of "my DK is not a Countess" then you can simply not use the title on anyone but a Venthyr if it bothers you. But there is no good reason to restrict it for everyone.

Fixed an issue that allowed some of the Covenant Hearthstone toys to be used on alts that are not a part of that covenant. The tooltips will be updated in a future patch to reflect this requirement.

what? Lol