Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Only one out of those 4 people is openly racist. See JohnBrown1917's sig for details.
    They only exist when you want to bash the US though. Otherwise its an anime version of class reductionism 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How come you haven't responded to the number of posters linking facts debunking your premise? The rich do not pay their fair share our tax code is heavily written in their favor.
    Because in their world if you ignore the truth long enough and repeat the lie enough, the lie becomes their truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    They only exist when you want to bash the US though. Otherwise its an anime version of class reductionism 24/7.
    Yeah, because you 2 believing the majority of the lower classes supported trump is the same as saying they don't exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    "If you tax the millionaires, then that will destroy all the jobs!"

Is the claim Republicans make. So yes, absolutely. The wealthy hide behind the middle class, pretending that if they're taxed more, then the middle class goes with them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Zero is subjective
    A Primary response...except he wouldn't be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah, because you 2 believing the majority of the lower classes supported trump is the same as saying they don't exist.
    I never said the majority supported Trump. 45% of them supported Trump. Which is more than the population of Cuba.

58 million racist white people did vote for Trump though. And you continue to lionize them.

Shall we now discuss how American unions had a long history of racism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and what is bad about people buying 15k bags ? this generates well paid jobs for owner of company who sells 15k bags, designers who design them , seamstresses who make them , people who provide that company with materials,people who produce those materials , and people who sell those bags in shops (people in expensive boutiques are usually very well paid) and sometimes even bodyguards who you can sometimes meet in those shops .

all those people later pump out those money back into economy in various forms.

i say the more people buying 15k bags or 2k $ iphones the better.
    Those $15k handbags aren't priced that high because they take that much additional labor to produce.

They're priced that high because of the name on the label.

That price point is almost entirely pure profit that goes straight to the rich designer who owns the line. Buying a $200 handbag provides just as much salary support for seamstresses, materials, designers, merchants, etc. The idea that the more-expensive item is somehow more economically responsible is just . . . flatly wrong and based on nothing.

the only reason you hate those people is pure unmitigated jealousy .
    This is also horseshit.

None of us are jealous or envious. We don't want to be the new billionaires and enjoy that lifestyle. Jealousy and envy both necessarily require a desire to seize what others have for yourself, to have what they have (in this context; jealousy has some other meanings/uses that don't apply). We see the existence of that kind of attenuated wealth as an evil unto itself, and seek to put an end to that exploitation and harm, not find a way to garner it for ourselves.

Ironically, the billionaires trying to claim that their wealth is actually necessary/good and that they're the virtuous ones, and slapping out with these kinds of arguments you're making? That is the definition of jealousy. "Fearful or wary of losing one's position or situation to someone else". They're the dragons jealously guarding their hoard of stolen gold. Except that they're not several-ton flying fire-breathing armored lizards, they're just people.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay so just substitute the top 5% for 10% if you're so worried about the remaining 9% of the revenue. It makes little difference since the point is a small amount of people are paying most of the taxes which means progressive taxation is already working as intended. Democrats already know this which is why they have already reduced their earlier tax proposals down to a more realistic level.

the point is they also have the majority of income, why wouldn't they pay the most taxes?

That's arbitrary though because it depends on how you want to demarcate an upper-middle class person from a lower upper-class person. There's no ultimate authority when it comes to these kinds of relativistic categories but I'd say it depends on how a self-identifying middle class person views themselves compared to a person who is in the 90th percentile. 90-94th percentile people should probably not be counted in the middle class category.

now you're just making excuses. Take anyone's description of middle class and you will have just about the same result.

i did say there was some overlap on the top half of the middle class result, but it still would not change the result on majority of taxes paid by enough to make a difference.

O

"Fair" is subjective when it comes to tax numbers. Some people see a flat/universal tax rate as being the fairest which means progressive tax rates are already more than fair(generous) to begin with.
    its not as subjective as you think it is. Its very reasonable when you look at it from a perspective of being able to afford basic living cost.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Only thing that will ever solve this issue is violence. The government will never do it. Better start the revolt before access to high caps and semi autos gets limited. Because you know the richs private security won't have the same restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetbelt View Post
    Only thing that will ever solve this issue is violence. The government will never do it. Better start the revolt before access to high caps and semi autos gets limited. Because you know the richs private security won't have the same restrictions.
    Do you work for gun manufacturers or what?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Do you work for gun manufacturers or what?
    Hard to fight guys with guns when you don't have guns or some single shots.

cute you think these little pop shooters have a chance against the govt. Go away troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poundmetoo View Post
    If they live in a state with no income tax why is that a problem?
    oh god don't get me started on states that don't charge income tax

Most of them are able to do it because they get way more funding per capita then states that do charge income tax.
    Its those high income states that are supporting their asses.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    cute you think these little pop shooters have a chance against the govt. Go away troll.
    Never said govt. Gotta learn to read homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Those $15k handbags aren't priced that high because they take that much additional labor to produce.

They're priced that high because of the name on the label.

That price point is almost entirely pure profit that goes straight to the rich designer who owns the line. Buying a $200 handbag provides just as much salary support for seamstresses, materials, designers, merchants, etc.
    Doubtful. Many expensive handbags use expensive materials like gold, crocodile skin.
    Many use seamstresses in higher-income countries, and since the design cost is spread among all bags there's more design-cost per bag in the expensive one.

But even if the handbags cost $5k instead of $5 to make there's still a sizeable profit. (And I wouldn't buy either bag.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to fight guys with guns when you don't have guns or some single shots.
    Why are you fighting guys? WTF is your problem?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Doubtful. Many expensive handbags use expensive materials like gold, crocodile skin.
    Many use seamstresses in higher-income countries, and since the design cost is spread among all bags there's more design-cost per bag in the expensive one.

But even if the handbags cost $5k instead of $5 to make there's still a sizeable profit. (And I wouldn't buy either bag.)
    So what’s your point, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    oh god don't get me started on states that don't charge income tax
    Most countries have problems with tax havens outside their borders. I see that the US is ahead here by creating tax havens domestically :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have planned better.
    Not everyone is trust fund baby, that has money to plan with... I know US has millions of disenfranchised billionaires... but, I don’t think planning is the issue, for those that aren’t...

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have planned better.
    How does one plan for an unforeseen medical bill, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.