Total War: ROME REMASTERED

Instead of posting in the warhammer thread i made a new so everyone can see it's glory.

Oh yes it's happening one of my all time favorite games and alot of my childhood is getting a remaster and it's out the 29th of april already. Only Medieval 2 tops the spot for best game of all time for me well Warhammer total war serie now too.

And in a token of good will from CA everyone that already owns Rome on steam gets a 50% discount.
    To celebrate the return of Rome, we have an offer for those loyal fans that already own the original game on Steam. If you already own ROME: Total War, you can purchase ROME REMASTERED for half-price until May 31st, 16:00 PDT.

Some features copied straight from steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...ME_REMASTERED/

Improved Visuals
    ROME REMASTERED brings the classic Rome visuals up to date, with 4K optimization, ultra-widescreen and native UHD resolution support. This visual upgrade extends across a multitude of features, including re-modeled buildings and objects, and environment effects like dust clouds and heat haze. The refreshed campaign maps also boasts new high-resolution models, and units have been remodelled and retextured to look their very best on the battlefield.

Modern Features
    ROME REMASTERED includes a host of modern features and improvements to existing mechanics. The in-game camera has been enhanced, including map rotation and wider zoom level in Campaign mode. Heat maps and new icon overlays have been added for gameplay mechanics such as diplomacy and security. In Battle, the new tactical map, unit displays and range markers give you greater command over Rome’s battlefields.

Enhanced Game Mechanics
    Players can now expand their armies and experience 16 additional factions that were previously locked, giving a grand total of 38 playable factions. In a first for Total War, you can now take your favourite faction to battle against friends in cross-platform multiplayer between Windows, macOS and Linux. A whole new agent type has also been added to the fray; Merchants can be sent all over the world to create trade links, access resources and buy out rivals to increase your income and assert your faction’s economic power

Barbarian Invasion and Alexander will be part of this too and it will feature steam workshop support.

Also Instead of making it look a bit like Rome 2 the remaster preserves the original Rome's visual identity.

And legend is streaming it atm for those that wants alittle peak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SztXPwTqe9k

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-25 at 05:04 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ROMA INVICTA, king is back people.

My first Total War game, even if Rome II/Attila are bigger and closer to history (you know, without stuff like Bronze age Egypt) it still have this magic.

For all people that think trailer is cringy, take some remedy:

I loved Rome Total War - it was one of my first Total War experiences.

I just want to know why? Was there a demand for this or is it just another remastered cash grab that seems to be popular at the moment?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I loved Rome Total War - it was one of my first Total War experiences.

I just want to know why? Was there a demand for this or is it just another remastered cash grab that seems to be popular at the moment?
    Remasters are yet another cancer in the gaming industry.

Why create a new game when you can just polish a turd and sell it again for full price?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Well I guess it's time for the RTW modders to come out and make their mods for the remaster.

The graphics look so weird and unnatural. It's obvious the original game's artistic vision didn't account for these high resolution models so they look totally misplaced. I'd rather just play the original game tbh.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Why create a new game when you can just polish a turd and sell it again for full price?
    CA themselves aren't developing this, it's outsourced, and given that they basically released a new game per year for the last 3 years plus DLC, I don't think the remaster is taking the place of anything.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Well to be fair it's Feral Interactive who made the remaster so it didnt take any recources from CA themselves.

Bet they are already working or will start soon on a new historical title, im hoping for Medieval 3 total war of course.

They have atm

Three Kingdoms
    Troy
    Warhammer 2 and 3 that they are still working on too so it's not like they are lacking in projects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    The graphics look so weird and unnatural. It's obvious the original game's artistic vision didn't account for these high resolution models so they look totally misplaced. I'd rather just play the original game tbh.
    Yeah it's not 2021 grafics but they did say they wanted to keep the original Rome's visual identity and not look like Rome 2 so im fine with that.

I don't understand.

Rome 2 is basically the proper remaster/remake of Rome.

There is no "modern-ish" version of Medieval, why not remake that first.
    I sure hope Medieval 3 is comming at some point in time...

I'm a Total War fan and I'm not even remotely interested in this.
    Still feels and looks worse than Rome2 from what I could tell from streams.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-26 at 12:00 PM.

This really confuses me. What does this bring to the table that Rome 2 doesn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't understand.

Rome 2 is basically the proper remaster/remake of Rome.

There is no "modern-ish" version of Medieval, why not remake that first.
    I sure hope Medieval 3 is comming at some point in time...

I'm a Total War fan and I'm not even remotely interested in this.
    Still feels and looks worse than Rome2 from what I could tell from streams.
    Still hoping we get a proper Medieval 3 before any medieval 2 remake, it's the most wanted TW game.

And they did say they wanted to keep the original Rome's visual identity and not look like Rome 2 so probably just for some updated nostalgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    This really confuses me. What does this bring to the table that Rome 2 doesn’t?
    Some nostalgia perhaps with some updates they didnt want it to look like rome 2 and wanted to keep Romes visual identity.

It's only 15$ for rome plus barbarian invasion and alexander so not that bad.

I remember exchanging this game for Max Payne, best decision ever! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I remember exchanging this game for Max Payne, best decision ever! ^^
    Max payne is pretty sweet too

My second favorite Total War game but I wasn't exactly jonesing for a remaster. It's not like CA stopped putting out titles in the franchise, well, ever.

The trailer is hot though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noice. I didnt play a TW game until Napoleon. Ill def buy this. Plus its only 15 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Supposedly the original had far more depth and a better AI.
    It had neither. Looking back, the battles were pure arcade (which is especially hilarious as some old TW simps claim they don't play the new games because are arcade and ahistorical, while it was MUCH worse in old TWs), city building had zero depth and the AI was retarded beyond all comprehension both in battles and on world map.
    I mean, the game was still amazing in its time, but it's just so outdated compared to any post-Shogun 2 Total War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It had neither. Looking back, the battles were pure arcade (which is especially hilarious as some old TW simps claim they don't play the new games because are arcade and ahistorical, while it was MUCH worse in old TWs), city building had zero depth and the AI was retarded beyond all comprehension both in battles and on world map.
    I mean, the game was still amazing in its time, but it's just so outdated compared to any post-Shogun 2 Total War.
    Oh, Rome was perhaps the least historical Total War until Warhammer came out. Berserkers being fur-clad superhumans that send people flying? Scythian amazons? Germania as one united faction, while Rome is arbitrarily divided in between three houses? New Kingdom Egyptians at the time of Ptolemies, which makes about as much sense as having the French appear in WW1 as armored knights? That game had tons of Rule of Cool and pop culture history, far more than Rome 2 ever did. I think some people confuse vanilla Rome with modded Rome which was an entirely different beast.

And all Total Wars before Shogun II are piss easy for modern players, yeah. Seriously, Medieval II is a great game and all and my favorite historical TW, but the AI is beyond useless and the only mildly threatening factions are the Mongols who spawn with free doomstacks, everyone else is fodder even on "Very Hard".

I will say, however, that I'm very much ready for Medieval III at some point. Three Kingdoms (and IMO Attila before it) showed that CA can do great campaign gameplay, now they just need to tweak historical battles so they don't feel soporific when compared to Warhammer battles.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.