Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm I never noticed much change to Blizzard.
    Buy addon on steam -> punch in code in Mog Station -> done.

Only awkward part is being locked into steam, aye.
    Maybe it's better if it's through Steam. I'm not, and it's:
    Preorder expansion through Square > Get e-mailed code > Enter code on website to get real code > Enter code on Mog Station to unlock preorder bonus > Wait for expansion release > Get locked out of game > Get e-mailed real real code > Enter code on Mog Station to activate the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Preorder expansion through Square > Get e-mailed code > Enter code on website to get real code > Enter code on Mog Station to unlock preorder bonus > Wait for expansion release > Get locked out of game > Get e-mailed real real code > Enter code on Mog Station to activate the expansion

can confirm, it was some fucked up shit. You had to visit 3 sites and got several codes until you got your "real code"
    Japanese can't do internet.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    can confirm, it was some fucked up shit. You had to visit 3 sites and got several codes until you got your "real code"
    Japanese can't do internet.
    More like Square Enix can't do internet. PlayOnline for FFXI was an absolute nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    The combat is slower than looking at a caterpillar moving through a branch. And I know what you want to say : "But at higher level..."... ummm... no... just no... if I am falling asleep within the first half an hour of a game because of sheer boredom, then it is a bad game. Period.
    You specifically mention "but at higher level" , and then completely ignore that a job like Machinist has a 27 button opener in the first 20 seconds of an encounter.

You either acknowledge it, or ignore it, it doesn't matter to me. Leveling a Shaman in Warcraft, at level one? Stormstrike... Stormstrike.... Stormstrike........Stormstrike.......oh hey now I have Flame Shock.

I'm not here to argue that the APM is higher than WoWs, because it obviously isn't.

But Assassination, Destruction, and Frost Mage have lower APM than XIV's Ninja, for the record. I've don't hear any of those 3 classes bitching and moaning about their APM very often.

You're faced with enough Pass / Fail mechanics in Savage and higher content that you don't notice you're doing 47 APM rotations instead of 55 like WoW.

And I'm sorry, if this whole basis of the argument of "Slow combat" is on '8' APM, I can't get behind that. 1 more ability every ~7 seconds, that's a doozy.

I have 2 new problems.

1) The playerbase is trashy as hell. Yaoi, furries, shirtless men, garbage fan art... I don't have to expose myself to these things through Tumblr though. I can still play my way solo.
    2) Older levels don't get faster as new expansions come out. Getting from 1 to max now is a colossal pain compared to getting from 1 to max during ARR. Leveling is supposed to get faster, through quality of life updates, not slower.
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2021-03-28 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I have 2 new problems.

1) The playerbase is trashy as hell. Yaoi, furries, shirtless men, garbage fan art... I don't have to expose myself to these things through Tumblr though. I can still play my way solo.
    2) Older levels don't get faster as new expansions come out. Getting from 1 to max now is a colossal pain compared to getting from 1 to max during ARR. Leveling is supposed to get faster, through quality of life updates, not slower.
    They will be cutting on XP necessary to level on the next xpac with the numbers squish.
    But... don't assune it will be WoW easy. FF is not a game where you spam things. It's a run it efficiently over time game. The design is to not reward 24/7 gaming.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-03-28 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite love the player base. Super friendly. Coming back to WoW's community was a big oof.

It is a shame it takes so long to get to the good stuff. Everyone I've recommended the game to didn't even make it to Stormblood before bowing out. I even burnt out by the time I got to Heavensward and didn't come back for over a year. Granted I haven't done the opening stuff since they retuned it.

Playing my Warlock did remind me of the other thing I hate about FF14. The pet system. Feels like utter shit. The ghosting.

I'm tempted to come back since WoW is dull atm but I know there's not much new stuff since I left a few months ago :/

Literally every single aspect about the game has something I love, and something I loathe.
    Main vs Alt: One character! One appearance...
    Job rotation: Tanks are too similar. Threat chain, AoE chain, Builder/spender, basically pointless oGCD ability.
    Non-tanks: basic as hell till 50. Fun till 70, clusterfucks at 80. Everything feels literally bolted on.
    Transmog: MASSIVE selection. Minimal storage/set plates.
    Etc etc etc... though none have been deal breakers as I still play off and on. Hell, even managed to get everything but BLU to cap and got my uh... ostridge... bird... thing... whatever those First "birds" are, from the achievement reward.

Too much RP story, sub fee and zero Pvp, more so the latter. If there happened to be Pvp, I'd probably give the game a fair shot.

shirtless men
    ...what's wrong with shirtless male characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the pre-order code. I forgot about that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    FF is not a game where you spam things. It's a run it efficiently over time game. The design is to not reward 24/7 gaming.
    LoL, someone clearly never did any crafting or Eureka.

You can spam as much as you want, you can level at the same pace as in the old WoW (pre Legion) if you choose to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I quite love the player base. Super friendly.
    Only on the surface. Both communities are equally nasty if you look beneath it, both communities are riddled with horribly incompetent players too.
    I'd say WoWs players are simple more open and honest.

- - - Updated - - -

1)garbage fan art...
    First of all: there is a crapton of garbage fanart about WoW.
    Second: not all fanart actually is bad or kinky.
    Third: this has nothing to do with either the game or the community.

Absolutely zero challenging endgame.

Edit- also 50000000000 cut scenes some unskippable and probably the worst things I have seen in a game. Also 50000000000 solo instances that basically make leveling with friends pointless.
    Last edited by Caerrona; 2021-03-29 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Absolutely zero challenging endgame.

Edit- also 50000000000 cut scenes some unskippable and probably the worst things I have seen in a game. Also 50000000000 solo instances that basically make leveling with friends pointless.
    Levelling with friend means you queue to palace of the braindead together or spam roulettes with one of you being either a tank or healer. As its in wow you spam dungeons and quest while wait for queue

Ah yes, the pre-order code. I forgot about that one.

- - - Updated - - -

LoL, someone clearly never did any crafting or Eureka.

You can spam as much as you want, you can level at the same pace as in the old WoW (pre Legion) if you choose to.

- - - Updated - - -

Only on the surface. Both communities are equally nasty if you look beneath it, both communities are riddled with horribly incompetent players too.
    I'd say WoWs players are simple more open and honest.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all: there is a crapton of garbage fanart about WoW.
    Second: not all fanart actually is bad or kinky.
    Third: this has nothing to do with either the game or the community.
    Being able to, and it being efficient are different things. I am max level on all crafting and gathering jobs. I did not have to do 24/7 gaming.

Eureka is completely optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Being able to, and it being efficient are different things.
    Whether crafting requires 24/7 gaming or not is dependent on the timefame you want to level in. basically, you can make it as hardcore as you want to. IMHO that is good design, compared to all the handholding and hard gating Blizzard does at every corner.
    Leveling (especially alts) is retardedly fast in both games anyway, I really don't see what the problem is.

Grind content (Eureka, Achievements, Ishgard restoration etc) is optional in most MMOs, simply because it is no longer wanted by the bulk of the community. It is still there if you want to knock yourself out.

I enjoy very challenging group content and FF14 doesn't have that, I also like character design, and FF14 only has humans and gnomes, sure they have like 1 human with some bones on, one with cat ears etc but to me they are way way way boring. The voice acting is also terribly bad in some areas, making me feel ashamed I'm even playing the gam, one of few games to make me actually cringe while playing it.
    Story is the one thing FF14 has going for it, and some beautiful environments. It's not a bad game but it's not for me.
    Oh, I also really really hate how everyone is every class, I know for some this is a strength but Im not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I enjoy very challenging group content and FF14 doesn't have that, I also like character design, and FF14 only has humans and gnomes, sure they have like 1 human with some bones on, one with cat ears etc but to me they are way way way boring. The voice acting is also terribly bad in some areas, making me feel ashamed I'm even playing the gam, one of few games to make me actually cringe while playing it.
    Story is the one thing FF14 has going for it, and some beautiful environments. It's not a bad game but it's not for me.
    Oh, I also really really hate how everyone is every class, I know for some this is a strength but Im not one of them.
    One of the things I did after finishing the game and now leveling an alt in another server, was to change the voice over to japanese, it kinda flows a little better on ARR at least.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Story skip - is that like the WoW boost or rather "I don't have to listen to all the cutscenes"?
    Not a boost as you don't get any levels, just makes it so that the expansion MSQ (patches included) counts as completed so you can start with the next one after you level up to that point by other means. You'll also receive the mounts from the skipped story and some gil and tokens to buy a set of gear.

The English voice acting in the base game is nothing special, though it improves significantly as of the first expansion and beyond due to taking on a lot of great UK based voice actors.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that really IS a pain in the arse. A fair point.

- - - Updated - - -

Grind content (Eureka, Achievements, Ishgard restoration etc) is optional in most MMOs, simply because it is no longer wanted by the bulk of the community. It is still there if you want to knock yourself out.
    It is optional here as well, isn't it? Hell pretty much nothing outside the main story is mandatory.