Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    They brought back this shitty one which I'd like them to remove again, there is no argument
    They experimented with templates for PvP in ONE expansion, and gearing still impacted your character power (just to the lesser extent) and people didn't like it because it didn't fit RPG game. You can't use that as argument that wow isn't an RPG game... stop insulting logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhim View Post
    Except that even with full renown gear you have maybe 10% vers and get completely dumpstered in arena. Honestly, they just need to bring back pvp scaling in arena. It would also help to alleviate the current problem with going up against constant 226 carries.
    Then take your ass into some M+ or LFR or a pug CN and hope for some vers pieces from random bosses to make up for what renown gear doesn't have vers on it and make sure to craft your legendary withe the correct power/memory with vers as one of the two stats (since we're talking about PvP here not PvP) and then farm arena with some friends to help carry you to conquest cap to get the conquest gear (which btw you'll be earning honor from doing so to upgrade that new conquest gear). The only PvP gear that is mandatory are the 2 trinkets which increase the value of vers on your gear. Any other gear can be obtained ANYWHERE if you are wanting it to have versatility on it. PvP gear is not the only gear with vers on it. 4 of my characters have a full set of "PvP gear and I'm positive that only my shaman has about 5-6 pieces and that's only because those 5-6 slots were the only slots that didn't have vers as the main secondary stat on it. All my other characters have anywhere from 2 pieces to 4 pieces and everything else is purely M+, legendary, renown, or LFR or pugged CN. Full set of vers gear from the non-PvP places.

You go into a BG with 165 ilvl against 220 ilvl players, and you're expected to farm 200k honor like this just to get 197 ilvl? then you go into arena with 197 ilvl vs 220 ilvl and expected to farm 7k conquest like this?

Why is there no catch up mechanics for pvp gear whatsoever?

Last time we had no pvp scaling we had only 2 tiers of gear, honor and conquest, so honor gear could actually compete with conquest gear, now we have 14 tiers of gear (honor 7 tiers, conquest 7 tiers) its so dumb
    Yeah, Blizzard insists on never doing pvp gearing right somehow.
    Even when adding vendors they still manage to fuck up.

Honestly they should just revert to Legion style templates, sure it'll piss off a few people that need their gear advantage to make up for their lack of skill, but it made pvp so much more enjoyable that it actually brought new enthousiasm.

Such a pity too, since pvp is one of the few things with genuine replayability in the game, as people always change.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Cause who cares about PVP. It is literally the least important thing in WOW.
    Wrong nowadays, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Your the one.
    *You're

actual fact your wrong
    *You're

Your the one claiming vanilla PvP was where it should be and classes could not 1-2 shot other players when in actual fact your wrong, so dont talk BS about thing your dont have any idea about.

Doesnt matter what you believe, what matters is the actual truth, the only time PvP has even been remotely balanced is when they made it so PvP scaled, scaling is what should always happen in PvP.
    Again, I have some lakefront property in New Mexico I would love to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    *You're

*You're

Again, I have some lakefront property in New Mexico I would love to sell you.
    At least bring some evidence to back up your stupid claims about vanilla PvP being balanced, thats right you cant since there is evidence everywhere proving many classes were just OP.

Dont talk BS about things you have no idea about and cant even back up any of your claims.

When all you can do is point out uses of grammer it just proves you have nothing, unless your job involves using grammer properly it doesnt matter how you use it.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-04-01 at 12:14 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

At least bring some evidence to back up your stupid claims about vanilla PvP being balanced, thats right you cant since there is evidence everywhere proving many classes were just OP.

Dont talk BS about things you have no idea about and cant even back up any of your claims.

When all you can do is point out uses of grammer it just proves you have nothing, unless your job involves using grammer properly it doesnt matter how you use it.
    When someone says all the incorrect things you've said, the conversation has ended as continuing it will just resort is more of your nonsense. At this point, it's just pointless bawling on your part.

When someone says all the incorrect things you've said, the conversation has ended as continuing it will just resort is more of your nonsense. At this point, it's just pointless bawling on your part.
    All the incorrect things have come from your mouth, im backed up by actual evidence proving that classes can 1-2 shot in vanilla, where you have not provided anything to back up your wild fantasies, i even have a high warlord rogue from vanilla that could 1-2 shot just about every class with 5k ambush in 1 hit where health pools were not much more than 5-6k for players who actually had gear, so try again.

All the incorrect things have come from your mouth, im backed up by actual evidence proving that classes can 1-2 shot in vanilla, where you have not provided anything to back up your wild fantasies, i even have a high warlord rogue from vanilla that could 1-2 shot just about every class with 5k ambush in 1 hit where health pools were not much more than 5-6k for players who actually had gear, so try again.
    Oh God, you're still talking.

( >︹<)

Oh God, you're still talking.

( >︹<)
    Well of course he is talking, he is right. Vanilla pvp is a silly joke... It was literally never inteded to even be balanced, it was just there, for lols.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well of course he is talking, he is right. Vanilla pvp is a silly joke... It was literally never inteded to even be balanced, it was just there, for lols.
    I hope you know all his comments were hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

Then make your own group or join a guild? wtf is this whining? You can also get versa items in pve too.
    Don't be dense please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Don't be dense please.
    Says a guy who can't progress past 1700 rbg rating because "nobody is inviting him" LOL...

I hope you know all his comments were hyperbole.
    All my comments which are backed up by actual fact, it takes 2 mins to look up actual videos of vanilla classes and thier ability to 1-2 shot back in vanilla, even classes in classic WoW could do the same as has already been proven.

So no matter the amount of BS that comes from your mouth, it will never be true that vanilla PvP was anywhere close to being balanced, noone here is backing you up at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow RPG lol, its a lobby instance game
    There's no RPG left in wow, they scrapped it all
    It will always have gear progression, stat customization, and build customization.

All my comments which are backed up by actual fact, it takes 2 mins to look up actual videos of vanilla classes and thier ability to 1-2 shot back in vanilla, even classes in classic WoW could do the same as has already been proven.

So no matter the amount of BS that comes from your mouth, it will never be true that vanilla PvP was anywhere close to being balanced, noone here is backing you up at all.
    Your comments were hyperbole, nothing more.

Pouring ice cream sprinkles on a turd does not mean it's no longer a turd.

Your comments were hyperbole, nothing more.

Pouring ice cream sprinkles on a turd does not mean it's no longer a turd.
    What about my comments is hyperbole, according to you the truth is hyperbole then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_aObPwgHM from classic WoW alone proves you wrong, vanilla WoW PvP was even more broken.

The only one lying and talking BS is yourself, because noone here believes WoW vanilla PvP was even remotely balanced with all the classes that could 1-2 shot most other classes, many classes had a combo to do 7-13k dmg in a few seconds, the average WoW player had 5-6k hp.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And? This is the way it's always been if PVP gear matters.

You can have one of two systems:

#1: PVP gearing doesnt matter a lot. The difference between highly geared players and new PVPers is only maybe 5-10%. WE had this a few expansions ago on the theory that PVP should be about skill. A lot of people didnt like it because they enjoyed PVP but also wanted SOME reward.

#2: PVP gear matters and the difference between a highly geared player and a new one is huge. The new player will get stomped for a bit until they get some gear. This is what we have now.

You can manipulate the second system to have gear come faster or slower but if it's too fast you effectively have the first system where everyone is equal after minimal work.

Solution? Epic BG queues. You are one of 40, so you likely wont get focused as much and if you get IoC or AV the honor/hour is pretty good. Once you get a few pieces of honor gear and have your renown gear, you'll be ok

2# is what we have ? but look at how much time you need to get that geared , so its not only getting stomped , 25 conquest each arena like wtf is that , and honor is so grindy too

They just need to massively up the conquest you get.
    Right now it takes 374 2v2 WINS to cap your conquest if your a new character. They could double it and it would still be laughable.
    25 conquest a win is honestly ridiculous, especially when you start off as winning games is difficult when your undergeared.
    Especially seeing as you need to farm dust for legendary, farm renown and farm conduits on top of it.

This has probalby been one of the worst expansions to ever try and catch up on a new character, which is a big problem as this has been pobably the most gear dependant pvp has ever been.

What about my comments is hyperbole, according to you the truth is hyperbole then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_aObPwgHM from classic WoW alone proves you wrong, vanilla WoW PvP was even more broken.

The only one lying and talking BS is yourself, because noone here believes WoW vanilla PvP was even remotely balanced with all the classes that could 1-2 shot most other classes, many classes had a combo to do 7-13k dmg in a few seconds, the average WoW player had 5-6k hp.
    Your posts weren't funny then, still not. Why would you want to deliberately humiliate yourself like that is beyond me.