Is this computer any good?

I got this computer today. Is it any good? Anyone have any experience with Acer computers? I plan on using it to surf the web and watch streams.

I ask because I've heard of Acer products breaking soon after purchase, and I've heard horror stories about Acer's customer service.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-TC-895-U.../dp/B088X2YR3X

Dare say its pretty overkill for messing around online if you add a GPU you have a decent pc. As for support my mom used to have a Acer PC and the support here was fine not great but it was just fine but that can vary a lot on where you are.

For what you plan to do, the computer is fine. Idk what GPU is on the computer, but given the price, it's definitely nowhere in the neighborhood of decent. So if you're looking to stream or play certain multi-user games, there is going to be an issue even if everything across the board is on the lowest settings. The games may work on low settings, but if you play them on a continuous basis you'll stress out the computer and wear it down over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    For what you plan to do, the computer is fine. Idk what GPU is on the computer, but given the price, it's definitely nowhere in the neighborhood of decent.
    There is no dGPU in that machine at all. But i dont think the OP plans to game on it.

For a browsing machine, the 10400 is more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be rude, but wouldn't the time to ask "is this thing any good?" be before you purchased it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Not to be rude, but wouldn't the time to ask "is this thing any good?" be before you purchased it?
    It would be, but when anyone asked questions of him he just ignored it and did whatever he wanted anyway.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...a-new-computer

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more than fine for browsing, no gaming.

As for Acer? Not a fan personally, but they are pretty good at budget stuff - you get a good deal for what you pay for, but don't expect them or their service to move mountains for those 500 bucks down the road.

OK, but I'm mostly worried about it breaking soon after purchase, because I've heard that about Acer products, and heard horror stories about their customer service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    OK, but I'm mostly worried about it breaking soon after purchase, because I've heard that about Acer products, and heard horror stories about their customer service.
    Then why did you buy it? As for Acer customer support I don't think it's different than other big brands. People tend to only post their negative experiences online.

Never had problems with Acer...

And this PC is overkill for what you are planing to use it. You can easily play games like Lol, Fortnite, Dota... even wow is playable. 10400 is great cpu and if you pair it with some gpu, something cheap used card like gtx 970 or 1060... you have a machine that can run everything. Throw in a 1660s if you can find it cheap and you have a beast of a computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    You have 1 year warranty, after than you're on your own.

It's a basic-ish model computer, it will last within reason unless you do some freaky shit to it. How long it will last? Who knows, it's yet another cheap asian hunk of junk they mass produce just like about everything in that price range. Acer, MSI, Asus - you name it. For 500 bucks that's what you get as far as build quality goes.

I'm not sure what do you expect for 500 bucks, I'll give it anywhere between 5 to 10 years, which is fine really - nothing lasts forever, especially if it's a cheap 500 bucks pc. Put it in a spot with decent airflow and don't touch it and it will be fine for reasonable time.

Seems like a standard home/office PC made by every other OEM. And it will likely be fine and could last 10+ years depending on how you take care of it, but if you're goal is just searching the Internet and watching streams, idk why you would need this PC, as you could just get a $200 laptop and it would do the same for you. But otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with this PC.

The CPU and Ram seem to be a decent combo as well, but the PSU will be limiting factor if you plan to put in a GPU. With just a 300W PSU, a 1660 Super is probably the best you can do with that PSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this.
    11. No "build logs" and/or threads after the computer/parts are already bought, as there's little room for discussion in such threads. Please use the Post your gaming setup! megathread instead.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab