Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happened to nathanos?

Where is nathanos? why he isn't by the queen's side? do we know what happened to him?

Nobody knows. Given that Sylvanas is going to be a boss in the upcoming raid, we can probably expect to learn more about his fate there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

We did kill him in the pre patch event, didn't we?

Either no soul left to fly to the realms of the dead or he didn't land in the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    We did kill him in the pre patch event, didn't we?

Either no soul left to fly to the realms of the dead or he didn't land in the maw.
    Everyone is going to the Maw. Whether Sylvanas fished him out or left him to rot is another question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Where is nathanos? why he isn't by the queen's side? do we know what happened to him?
    He is most likely that one soul in the river that nobody cares about.

Sylvanas would've fished him out already if he was more to her than he was.

If we are to see him, I guess sometime in 9.1, but I'm not hoping for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty clear we will get to revisit him soon, maybe even 9.1 as encounter or part of encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    He vanished along with the fun in this game.

He will be in the maw raid with her. I say it will be a fated lovers fight in the maw raid and he will die and that will trigger her solo phase where we do whatever with her and she is either redeemed or she is killed off or whatever they decide.

Or it will be him sacrificing himself in the end of the fight that lets her get away at the beginning and then we fight her again at the end

You can expect a Pokemon's "Prepare for trouble, and make it double" kind of appearance, from the both of them in the Maw raid

10+ Year Old Account
    DAT BOY DED.

By now he's probably chilling in Torghast with the Jailer, Sylvanas, and Dominanduin.

It'd be kind of funny if we accidentally saved him during the weekly souls quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    It'd be kind of funny if we accidentally saved him during the weekly souls quest.
    Random Night Fae fox pulls its mask off: "Muhahahaaa you have fallen for my trap! Prepare to die!"

5+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you are in platonic relationship with a twisted woman who uses you as a pawn. A cruel fate of a white knight. What is there more to speak off than the sadness and lies given twisted and threw into the Maw. Now we shall experience the new story of Sylvanas and the Jailer. Mmmhmm

Died, soul got sent to the Maw and forged into a boot for Sylvanas new armour so she can stomp on him some more.

nah, more funny is if he is in the blade of anduin. And then we shatter that blade ( and his soul) infront of sylvanas.

In the closet with Tyrande, maybe we'll see him in 9.1 maybe he'll be gone forever. And no one will care.

Well, we killed him, so he's in the Maw somewhere. He was still loyal to Sylvanas when he died, but I'm not so sure if she still cares about him in any way (or whether she ever saw him as more than a useful pawn, really). Given that she left him behind on Azeroth without much to do, I'm guessing she's done with him and couldn't be bothered to find him in the Maw.

Tyrande is also still out there, and Blizz said her story would be continued in 9.1 . I could imagine that she found his soul and is trying to use him to get back at Sylvanas, or something like that. Or just torturing him as revenge for his role in the burning of Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He is most likely that one soul in the river that nobody cares about.

Sylvanas would've fished him out already if he was more to her than he was.

If we are to see him, I guess sometime in 9.1, but I'm not hoping for it.
    The thing is, he was more to her. The whole dark mirror (self-insert) rubbish was essentially her going out of her way (practically wasting a Valkyr) to make her favorite pet more powerful. Given the characterization that she is also not entirely happy with Zovaal, she should at least somewhat care about her pet boy, not to mention whe was the closest confidant she has/had, as was clear from the books. While I'm not a fan of that plot line, they already wrote it in, so ignoring it now would just be inconsistent. So imho there are 2 options: The current team felt it was just too cringy and decided to drop it, consistency be damned or they considered it and he is doing something super shady behind the Jailor's back, which is why we didn't see him yet.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I hope he'll get to be a boss in the upcoming raid and that the encounter involve Tyrande killing him for good. I actually like Nathanos a lot as a character (and a Forsaken player), but I think him being killed at long last by Tyrande whould be a good ending after what he did. I think it would help not having Tyrande kill Sylvanas in the end (as much as she wants to, I don't think the story should end like this), and her killing Nathanos for good could be satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The thing is, he was more to her. The whole dark mirror (self-insert) rubbish was essentially her going out of her way (practically wasting a Valkyr) to make her favorite pet more powerful.
    I think you're overvaluing the importance. Val'kyr are pretty much irrelevant to her now that she has access to the originals. Based on what we've learned, she likely was already aware of their upcoming obsolescence at that point. So the sacrifice wasn't anywhere near as big as you think.