Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    You guys are trolling if you use Zygor. Use Guidelime with one of the 10000 free guides on it. Spoiler alert: They are all the same. Simply not enough quests in classic to ding you all the way unless you sit on full rested every time.

Here you go. Get the base addon + faction

Also you will want Questie anyway, it's a nice addon to have since it still shows you where to pick up/turn in quests.
    There def is more than enough quests to hit end level just through quests, granted... you really have to try and move around a LOT, at least the way I did it. The trick is to just leave no stone unturned, the issue a lot of people get into is they straight up skip zones either because they have green quests and they think it no longer benefits them or there are zones people simply don’t like to touch. For example, not a lot of alliance quest in stonetalon, desolace, etc.

After a certain point, a good rule of thumb (at least for the way I do it), is that if you’re entering a new zone and you don’t have green quests/mobs, then you missed a zone you should be doing instead.

Of course this probably isn’t efficient leveling, but I personally love questing so I always try to JUST do quests and dungeons that I have quests for.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    There def is more than enough quests to hit end level just through quests
    This is false. Unless you are doing leveling with a bunch of rested experience, you will not level to 60 from the quests alone. You will have to grind. The last two high level zones simply don't have enough quests for you to hit 60.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munken View Post
    Hey guys! I'm actually curious about which addon between Zygor and Questie is better for Classic? As in, I'm currently using Zygor, but it seems to lack a few things, like every now and then it just recommends "just kill some mobs around here until you get to level X", which is pretty annoying as you get higher in level, or asks you to get a quest from a NPC that literally doesn't have that quest (apparently never, not even 1 level later than Zygor recommends it).

Now, I know Zygor is not very popular as opposed to Questie (talking about Classic at least), but in case someone used or tried both, which one do you think I should continue with? Or if someone used Questie for quite, do you run into the same issues I mentioned above? Thanks!
    Questie= free and will show you where quests are and where you need to go for quests
    zygore= costs money, and will show you where to go for your next quest, and what order they beleive is the optimal order.

that is the difference, and that is all you need to base them on, as they are two very different things.
    questie is literally just an addon to add quest markers to your map
    zygore is a built in guide that guides you through questing asap.

- - - Updated - - -

This is false. Unless you are doing leveling with a bunch of rested experience, you will not level to 60 from the quests alone. You will have to grind. The last two high level zones simply don't have enough quests for you to hit 60.
    ^^^^ In technicality there is enough quests in vanilla to reach 60, but that requires doing every quest in every zone, including coming back to many zones later at higher levels through little chains, aswell as doing all the dungeon quests. leveling in vanilla you need to grind here and there, or just get shitty unlucky on most of your "loot this" quests.

Now however that is no longer true, as with the later phases blizzard added in the quests that got later added to vanilla, most importantly quests in silithus, as before AQ came out, there was i think 3 quests there, but after it is now a complete questing hub. (Also the battleground quests for example like alterac valley which gives tons of exp)

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are trolling if you use Zygor. Use Guidelime with one of the 10000 free guides on it. Spoiler alert: They are all the same. Simply not enough quests in classic to ding you all the way unless you sit on full rested every time.

Also you will want Questie anyway, it's a nice addon to have since it still shows you where to pick up/turn in quests.

You pay for zygor so you dont gotta deal with this shizz.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-07 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Ok well this isn’t false, I’ve done this 3 times now, and the only ‘grinding’ I’ve done is grinding for quests that might have a low drop rate. Especially with the addition to some quests like in silithus this makes it even easier. Keeping the altered valley quests until 59 also really really help. This isn’t something that is argued anymore, people literally do this all the time without grinding lol.

Like I said, I’m assuming when you do this, you aren’t entering each zone with green level mobs or quests and you do the standard strat of just sticking to your own factions area instead of hitting every single area you can possible. Grinding is probably more efficient most of the time, sure, but there is PLENTY of quests to hit 60. Unless it’s drastically different for horde as I have done alliance

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok well this isn’t false, I’ve done this 3 times now, and the only ‘grinding’ I’ve done is grinding for quests that might have a low drop rate. Especially with the addition to some quests like in silithus this makes it even easier. Keeping the altered valley quests until 59 also really really help. This isn’t something that is argued anymore, people literally do this all the time without grinding lol.

Like I said, I’m assuming when you do this, you aren’t entering each zone with green level mobs or quests and you do the standard strat of just sticking to your own factions area instead of hitting every single area you can possible. Grinding is probably more efficient most of the time, sure, but there is PLENTY of quests to hit 60. Unless it’s drastically different for horde as I have done alliance
    "The alterac valley questys till 59"
    hate to break it to you but alterac valley was not in at launch, that is one of the reasons why its possible now, but was not at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Why did you necro a thread from2019?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "The alterac valley questys till 59"
    hate to break it to you but alterac valley was not in at launch, that is one of the reasons why its possible now, but was not at launch.
    I didn’t realize our conversation was about launch? He specifically said there isn’t enough quests to hit 60. I hate to break it to you but I think you missed some context.

And wait a minute, didn’t you literally just reply to the same guy and bring up silithus quests? Uhh...

So to all the people asking 'who would pay for a quest addon?' have no idea what all Zygor can do. It's a guide for anything and everything under the sun. It does profession leveling, pet battles, achievements, reputation grinds, etc. It's nice just click the NPC and it auto doing it's thing. I never had to pick what gear I want from quests, or even look at it. That said, I used to download it off torrents sites before they changed their client and I ended up paying for it. It doesn't just tell you where to go. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    So to all the people asking 'who would pay for a quest addon?' have no idea what all Zygor can do. It's a guide for anything and everything under the sun. It does profession leveling, pet battles, achievements, reputation grinds, etc. It's nice just click the NPC and it auto doing it's thing. I never had to pick what gear I want from quests, or even look at it. That said, I used to download it off torrents sites before they changed their client and I ended up paying for it. It doesn't just tell you where to go. Lol
    You know everything you mentioned is available for free with other addons and guides right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Zygor is "better", but it also costs money beyond lvl 20, so that's a big con.

Questie is more lightweight, but works just fine and is free.
    Weeeeel, elitepvpdotcom tend to disagree.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn’t realize our conversation was about launch? He specifically said there isn’t enough quests to hit 60. I hate to break it to you but I think you missed some context.

And wait a minute, didn’t you literally just reply to the same guy and bring up silithus quests? Uhh...
    he was talking about launch, as it was true at that point.
    but with the later quests added they made it possible to reach 60 without grinding.

and yes, i did, i told him that he was right, however it was later made untrue by them adding more quests, but at launch which is what most people who played classic encountered, it was true.

most people leveled at launch which had no AV or Silithus quests.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he was talking about launch, as it was true at that point.
    but with the later quests added they made it possible to reach 60 without grinding.

and yes, i did, i told him that he was right, however it was later made untrue by them adding more quests, but at launch which is what most people who played classic encountered, it was true.

most people leveled at launch which had no AV or Silithus quests.
    No, he was not talking about launch, I guess I’ll have to send you some context even tho it’s right here

Also you will want Questie anyway, it's a nice addon to have since it still shows you where to pick up/turn in quests
    I then tell him you can and I have hit end level just through quests and he responds with

He isn’t mentioning or even hinting at anything regarding just launch sweetheart.

The launch topic might have been something YOU brought up, but I wasn’t talking to you, I was talking to him. And WE were not discussing launch leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Cost nothing if you are resourceful enough

EDIT: can i even post the link here? a full version of feb23rd update is literally on 2nd page of google search that you can download for free and its what im using right now, getting ready for tbc classic

I probably wouldve supported them (since ive been pirating them for a decade) if they were just asking for donations, but a sub for something they dont even update monthly, seriously?
    Yeah, I would have been happy to toss $20 or w/e for a one-time purchase. Had a hard eye-roll when I saw it was a monthly subscription, and then laughed harder when I saw how much that subscription was.

Zygor was handed around my guild for leveling. I used it for an alt and if absolute quickness is your only goal than it, in my opinion, is the way to go. Just be aware that it will have you moving and traveling all over the place, it will ask you to do some grinding from time to time, and in general if you fall to far off the path it can get janky which could slow things down. Just remember when it asks you to grind its not a bad time to go do a 5 man or what not (usually what it is doing is you are at, for example, level 22 and it wants you to be 23 to continue so it has you grind that last half to a quarter level).

But I would be lying if that shit wasn't extremely dry and boring. Because its more or less follow the arrow and shoot the green level mobs doing green level quests traveling world wide to find them for every level more or less. But pure speed beyond you just being a master of the craft yourself? Hard to beat. But, in my opinion, a more enjoyable leveling experience is just get questie, work a zone until it gets rough and just know what zone to jump to after it, and recognized you just have to kind of rock back and forth between zones as you level to complete some of them. It might add a few hours to your path to 60 but they would be far more enjoyable. At least they were for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    I played vanilla i remember distinctly having addons on my paladin for buffing, having addons for decursing, using vuhdo for healing.

The true classic experience 110% had addons too.

- - - Updated - - -

or if you just know how to search on the internet for 5 minutes for an updated link
    Vuhdo was created in 2008 like 4 years after WOW launched. There was a handful of addons in the first yr wow released
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    What ?
    Seriously guys, from where do you get your weird, ridiculous ideas about what is used and what is required ?
    Because i raided back then. There was no usable unit frames in wow back then and without CTRaid back then you could forget to heal in any raid; but also dps needed it; because dispelling chromaggus as a mage without unit frames was nearly impossible. I knew NO RAID that didn't require some addons back then. Sorry, but anyone who says they raided back then without mods is talking bullshit and i don't believe them at all. Until later, blizzards old unit frames were so lackluster and bad that they completely overworked them and took them over into wow classic.

Nowadays it is totally possible to raid with the blizzard-ui, but not back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because i raided back then. There was no usable unit frames in wow back then and without CTRaid back then you could forget to heal in any raid; but also dps needed it; because dispelling chromaggus as a mage without unit frames was nearly impossible.
    What kind of idiotic bullshit is this ?
    You don't need any of that crap to play, even less as DPS.
    I knew NO RAID that didn't require some addons back then. Sorry, but anyone who says they raided back then without mods is talking bullshit and i don't believe them at all.
    Well, maybe you should get your head out of of your ass and realize the world isn't limited to your little self then.
    I never used any of these mod. I don't even KNOW what unit frame or CTRaid are, and I have played uninterrupted from the european beta to Ulduar (and irregularly from ICC to Nighthold).

I've heard lot of shit about "you NEED this or that add-on to play" in game, never felt I actually needed them (still roll my eyes when people in my Classic guild says that "DBM is REQUIRED" and I let them happily say this shit while I play without it). The only one I'll give you as a "raid-wide requirement" is a threatmeter (though you can get away as a rogue, it's quite harder as a mage/warrior and it really is a failure of the in-game UI), and I personally don't want to play without WA, but that's just me and I don't claim nobody can play without it.
    Until later, blizzards old unit frames were so lackluster and bad that they completely overworked them and took them over into wow classic.

Nowadays it is totally possible to raid with the blizzard-ui, but not back then.
    It was and many people did just that (I actually still do that, I despise the "new" ugly raid UI and only use the "old" one with semi-transparent plates). You project quite a bit too much your own limitations on the world as a whole.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-04-08 at 01:07 PM.

This is the only guide you need. It was always free.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20071008..._i_%2821-31%29

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has used Zygor for classic, I would definitely not recommend it. Half of the time the addon tells you to "grind to the next level" to make the next quests it guides you through easier. It's pretty pointless and as others have said, there are plenty of free guides that are probably just as good.

Personally I find it also takes some of the fun out of the game too, telling you where to go and exactly what to kill and what to do, and so on. But that is merely my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because i raided back then. There was no usable unit frames in wow back then and without CTRaid back then you could forget to heal in any raid; but also dps needed it; because dispelling chromaggus as a mage without unit frames was nearly impossible. I knew NO RAID that didn't require some addons back then. Sorry, but anyone who says they raided back then without mods is talking bullshit and i don't believe them at all. Until later, blizzards old unit frames were so lackluster and bad that they completely overworked them and took them over into wow classic.

I didn’t raid in vanilla but I did in tbc and I had 0 unit frame addons. I had recount (not sure if it was called recount back then) and the omni threat meter or whatever it was called and that was literally it. I remember trying to get some cool unit frame addons but my pc was so shit it was almost impossible to play with them so I did the ole open raid menu and drag each party onto my screen everytime. It worked out just fine.