Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

I played 65 matches in rated 3v3, won 55%

Got to 1800 rating and now I'm 220 ilvl.
    How's your mythic raid gearing going?

Don't get me wrong, I like raiding. Even more so than PvP. But it's completely pointless at the moment.
    Even if you want to gear up by strictly going PvE, m+ is the way to go.

I'm sitting at 226.75 :thinking:

[EDIT]:
    Funny that OP forgot to mention:

He played 150 2n2 matches and 60 RBG games too. There you get Conquest too. Not only the 30+ 3n3 wins.

Hasn't cleared Heroic (but got a few blue ranks there), his best key was a +7... Seems like the scripted PvE Content is too hard for you. If you were better, you could get a 226 piece every week and upgrade your gear to 220 aswell...
    Last edited by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee; 2021-04-08 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played 515 matches in rated 2v2, won 255
    Got to 1468 rating and now I can buy 207 ilvl PvP gear.

Thanks to mythic raid, I got 223 ilvl PvE gear.

Don't get me wrong, I like PvP. But it's completely pointless at the moment.

Last I checked mythic raids were 226 and 232, seems a little higher than 220 from 1800s, could be wrong tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post

Yeah I played 400 2's, and got to 1380, accomplishing nothing. Don't get me wrong I despise pvp and the fact that my bis is a pvp trinket, but its completely pointless at the moment.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

Don't get me wrong, I like raiding. Even more so than PvP. But it's completely pointless at the moment.
    Yep, they are sadly destroying wow´s spirit: raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    With the recent loot fixes you're looking at 2 pieces of 226/233 per week on average, plus one more in the vault, and this far into the patch, 220 is pointless.

M+ loot only goes up to 220. again, pointless. You can only get 1 piece of 226 per week, not even 233. M+ is good for getting a bunch of okay items very quickly, not for getting BiS

Sitting at 217 here. Only do H raid, no KSM and no PvP. GV is my only source of upgrades. Its slow and unsatisfying but it also is steady.

228 without ever touching m+ (or pvp) this expansion so far.

Except 65 games is only like 700 conquest points, so you got a single 220 item for your 65 games.

It's not like you're just rewarded a full set of gear for hitting 1800, you still have to actually buy it. And considering it costs a frankly absurd amount of honor and conquest to buy/upgrade a full set of gear to 220.

Not to mention that at this point most people are 226, so you're still behind even after the dozens of hours grinding honor/conquest.

Sit at 214.4, got a 210 leggo cause Torghast is boring so 2 more missions and I can upgrade to 225. Got AotC, and love the fact that gearing is finally rewarding so I will be behind mythic raiders with gear because they deserve better because they put more effort in.

Done maybe 50 arenas, 1300 rating no idea what win rate is, done some bgs and weekly to buy 5 200 pieces or so. Dont get me wrong, not completely useless though because it was for transmogs

I do few m+ a week, the heroic Castle Nathria runs and TGV gives me the loot. Wear 7 pieces from the raid atm, last week GV had only one option for me since all I had time for was 1 m+ which was only a 12 since I did the 14 on my alt, no raid and it had a 223 Quantum Device for me to pick up!

What a fun game this thread is providing
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-04-08 at 11:48 AM.

????????????????????????????????????????

Pvp is the far easiest choice to go for.

my DH (yes worst pvp class atm) has a full set of 226 pvp gear from months ago.

Anyone who isnt full 226 is either lazy af, or has no shit of an idea how to gear up / bad at game.

10+ Year Old Account
    ilvl 228, still getting upgrades from Mythic Denathrius.

ilvl 220 gear? How quaint.

End of the day all that really matters is if you enjoyed the process rather than the net results. I mean any path will get you to 220+ fairly well (after that it starts to RNG a lot more so more time = better odds). If you pure raid and are doing mythics then you got a shot at random drops during the week (very low) but guaranteed one on reset day. If you pure M+ then you can upgrade everything to 220 that drops and get a guaranteed 226 at reset day. If you pure PVP you can get all your items much more quickly but still have to grind up the conquest and honor to upgrade stuff.

All the paths work. Odds are most people are doing more than one path at the sametime. The problem with PVP is if vers really isn't that great for your class/spec then you are dealing with a less than optimal stat weight on every piece. Problem with M+ is it takes a lot of grinding to get specific items and the roof to upgrades is 220 while being pure RNG on your 226s. Mythic raiding is, well more was, the lack of drops and then pure RNG for the vault. But if you look at people that have done each path, even those that only do one path, since the start of the expansion they are all easily 220+ at this point unless they have just had insanely terrible luck. I get alts to 220 usually in about 3-4 weeks with a combo of AH, M+, and a bit of PVP. Of course I have keystone master, gold for the AH, and friends that can make it a lot easier to get to that 1800ish range pretty quickly (and I don't take alts to the mythic raid in the guild because we are pretty much a one run group).
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-04-08 at 12:49 PM.

You need gear to climb in arena, otherwise it takes hundreds/thousands of games, or boosting. That's what OP is missing out. If you're say 210 ilevel expecting to fly up to 1800 rating you will need to have a good win rating against almost all 220+ opponents, meaning you need an actual skill level well above 2k rating to account for the gear deficit. RBGs are a much bigger problem than arenas, it's really brainless to get 1800 in RBGs I did it as a rogue mostly afk'ing at flags while watching youtube. Felt stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel sorry for all of you whose spec/class has Versatility as it’s worse stat.

I get that you're just trying to mock OP. But you fall flat at about your 9th word in. Then you proceed to make an objectively *false* statement. OP's statement was a tiny bit hyperbolic, but at least it stemmed from accuracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I get that you're just trying to mock OP. But you fall flat at about your 9th word in. Then you proceed to make an objectively *false* statement. OP's statement was a tiny bit hyperbolic, but at least it stemmed from accuracy.
    It's not false statement, it's true for me. All numbers are correct.

why are you guys all falling for this bait thread

Thats actually bullshit because you don't get enough honour to upgrade everything to 220 from so few games.

Tell us how much you farmed low level content to get the honour...

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Feel sorry for all of you whose spec/class has Versatility as it’s worse stat.
    Another reason to not play a Blood DK tank right now (haste/versa).

Its low maintenance time right now anyways, maxing vault loot with as litte time spend as possible.
    -