Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    No one but bads "Hate" I.O we good players love it.
    Nope. They hate it because it's as "useful" as the scorecard in a battleground. "DURR, I GOT MOST KBs I BEST PLAYAR AROUNDZ!" "Uhm, but you didn't do a single objective and just stood in the middle of the battleground killing the same guy over and over." "NO, KBs IS ALL DAT MATTAZ, IT'S PVP NOT DO OBJECTUVZ LULZ!"

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Nope. They hate it because it's as "useful" as the scorecard in a battleground. "DURR, I GOT MOST KBs I BEST PLAYAR AROUNDZ!" "Uhm, but you didn't do a single objective and just stood in the middle of the battleground killing the same guy over and over." "NO, KBs IS ALL DAT MATTAZ, IT'S PVP NOT DO OBJECTUVZ LULZ!"
    Are you ok? Why are you typing like that. Im sure a detailed history of every completed dungeon they've ever run, ilvl of them and group mates at the time, group composition, highest timed, number of runs, affixes, and everything else is a lot more useful than "top kbs". I can help u learn how to use it since it looks like you need help

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Are you ok? Why are you typing like that. Im sure a detailed history of every completed dungeon they've ever run, ilvl of them and group mates at the time, group composition, highest timed, number of runs, affixes, and everything else is a lot more useful than "top kbs". I can help u learn how to use it since it looks like you need help
    Nope, I'm just fine.

But I do love how the narrative keeps changing form "it's the most accurate and detailed thing to ever exist, scientifically supported and beyond reproach!" while two breaths away you people were saying "well, it doesn't really show anything other than you got carried and junk, probably, but there's no way to really tell other than susphishuns!" <thumbs up>

Nope. They hate it because it's as "useful" as the scorecard in a battleground.
    What a terrible comparison, no wonder you are known for your terrible takes xd

Nope, I'm just fine.

But I do love how the narrative keeps changing form "it's the most accurate and detailed thing to ever exist, scientifically supported and beyond reproach!" while two breaths away you people were saying "well, it doesn't really show anything other than you got carried and junk, probably, but there's no way to really tell other than susphishuns!" <thumbs up>
    I'm not sure I've said either of those 2 things. It gives a lot of useful information and is generally a good guide. It can be easy to see boosted players if you bother to go to their page. In general the higher io a player is, the more experience they have in dungeons. Exceptions exist and higher io does not 100% mean a better player.

Its like a resume, but more detailed. You can see exactly the stats of the players in the run at that time. Just like in real life, the "experience" could be faked. The data manager who has 15 years experience could have sat on his ass doing nothing and getting paid. But in general, you're better off hiring (inviting) the guy with 15 years experience over someone with 0, to the management position. Its not absolute, but a great guideline. In this analogy, you'd be able to see all of his coworkers at the time of his employment and their accomplishments too.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Again, I know it’s not my spot.

BUT it’s indeed also true that if for example only people with max 1200 rio could apply to 14 (yes, HORRIBLE solution but follow me, it’s only to explain the “steal” thing), people with 1100 to 1200 rio would have way more chances to be invited because they would have to compete only with other people “on par” with them instead with people with Gold Clothes while they are dressed in Bronze/Argent Clothes.
    You are missing my point. There doesn't need to be a solution because there is no problem. The only problem is with your attitude. Why should anyone take you if they can take someone better? You don't deserve a spot; you get one by being one of the best applicants, so we don't need a solution here. We don't need solutions to get lower rio players invited.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I don't think you should build something into your game that makes it inherently more toxic and competitive in something that is, outside of a timer, not really competitive. It's already shitty enough to those in lower keys, when they expect someone in a +5 to have a +10 raidio. But that's just me, I guess.

I always thought it was funny I would be 10/10M raiding and have all 85-90% parses, but I only ever did one 10 or 15+ equivalent at the time to get the weekly chest in the previous expansion, but I could barely get invites because, apparently, an imaginary score that people take super seriously meant I wasn't good enough to do something that was faceroll for me and my gear. Then you join these meta slave pubs and they're some of the most braindead, can't do affix, can't do stuns, can't do anything right people in existence.

It's not hard to get a relatively decently high raidio in the first place, but at least them adding this further highlights that M+ won't be getting any sort of relevant changes any time in the future.
    It is just a different beast. Sure if you have CE odds are you won't have any issues with a 15 but its also less likely you will know what needs to be CC and what has to be skipped. While not major it can lead to annoyances in a run.

I have a weird hobby of leveling new toons on different realms fresh and getting them into mythic raid guilds on my down time after progression and I can honestly say the issues with mythic+ are not overly visible to established player. Try starting fresh without help and leveling a key and you will see some truly frightful things in the 9-13 brackets.

Finally, I've been suggesting this since r.io came out, on these very forums! I think it's a great move that reduces friction in the group finder for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    You are missing my point. There doesn't need to be a solution because there is no problem. The only problem is with your attitude. Why should anyone take you if they can take someone better? You don't deserve a spot; you get one by being one of the best applicants, so we don't need a solution here. We don't need solutions to get lower rio players invited.
    Giving up.

They should OF COURSE not take me over a higher applier. My point is that there should NOT be a much higher applier than me for that dungeon level. If a Golf is required to enter a race and you apply with a Ferrari, of course i would pick your car for my bet. But you should not be supposed to apply with a Ferrari into a Golf level race.

You don’t see a problem in having tons of appliers way more qualified than the “needed for the level” and that’s just fine, but it’s pointless to go on. We will never “meet in the middle”.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-04-15 at 03:41 PM.

Giving up.

They should OF COURSE not take me over a higher applier. My point is that there should NOT be a much higher applier than me for that dungeon level. If a Golf is required to enter a race and you apply with a Ferrari, of course i would pick your car for my bet. But you should not be supposed to apply with a Ferrari into a Golf level race.

You don’t see a problem in having tons of appliers way more qualified than the “needed for the level” so it’s pointless to go on.
    1. This egregiously not a Rio problem or even related to rio. Its a "problem" with weekly rewards capping out at 14 and end of dungeon rewards at 15 and therefore incentivising better players to run lower keys than what might be considered push keys for them. Rio does not create this incentive - it only allows for players to make informed selections when forming a group.
    2. There is no coherent solution to this non-problem (aside from individual solutions - you becoming a ferrari). The weekly reward system needs to cap out somewhere. On the current tuning it is appropriate - i.e. at a key level which any person could reasonably achieve without too much effort over the period of a patch

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    So easier content should reward better than harder content?
    People playing in a more social way should get better rewards than people playing in an antisocial way. I would NEVER reward skill over being social. Ever. The reason is that this is a game for entertainment, not a cruel prison for the most efficient players to whip the rest. And with everyone helping each other and being social, the overall skill level of the playerbase will rise far higher than the current gogogo rio model, anyway, so you should WANT that.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-04-15 at 03:53 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

1. This egregiously not a Rio problem or even related to rio. Its a "problem" with weekly rewards capping out at 14 and end of dungeon rewards at 15 and therefore incentivising better players to run lower keys than what might be considered push keys for them. Rio does not create this incentive - it only allows for players to make informed selections when forming a group.
    2. There is no coherent solution to this non-problem (aside from individual solutions - you becoming a ferrari). The weekly reward system needs to cap out somewhere. On the current tuning it is appropriate - i.e. at a key level which any person could reasonably achieve without too much effort over the period of a patch
    This. The only solution in his scenario is making max reward come from like 24/25 whatever highest keys are being completed right now. That way best players have a reason for highest level of dungeons. But absolutely no one would be happy with this situation.

It’s related to rio in the measure that without rio you would only see (at a glance at least) that my “competitor” has a few ilvl than me and nothing more. You would probably pick him against me anyways but I would have more chances, 3/4 ilvls are not that huge difference.

But I am stretching things too much, I’m not against rio at all, I use it too and I find it as useful as you do.

I know that my “issue” is caused more by the M+ rewards structure than by rio itself.

Looking forward to see Blizzard’s implementation, I’m genuinely curious.

Peace.

- - - Updated - - -

This. The only solution in his scenario is making max reward come from like 24/25 whatever highest keys are being completed right now. That way best players have a reason for highest level of dungeons. But absolutely no one would be happy with this situation.
    This would only move the “supposedly issue” to an higher level.

People wanna reach near KSM level for the gear rewards, mainly.

If you move best rewards to +25 you’ll have the same whines shifted by 10 levels.

No good player will ever call himself publicity "good".
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No good player will ever call himself publicity "good".
    But in private, oh hell yeah!

It’s related to rio in the measure that without rio you would only see (at a glance at least) that my “competitor” has a few ilvl than me and nothing more. You would probably pick him against me anyways but I would have more chances, 3/4 ilvls are not that huge difference.

But I am stretching things too much, I’m not against rio at all, I use it too and I find it as useful as you do.

I know that my “issue” is caused more by the M+ rewards structure than by rio itself.

Looking forward to see Blizzard’s implementation, I’m genuinely curious.

Peace.

- - - Updated - - -

This would only move the “supposedly issue” to an higher level.

People wanna reach near KSM level for the gear rewards, mainly.

If you move best rewards to +25 you’ll have the same whines shifted by 10 levels.
    But with only 0.001% of the playerbase reaching them.

As long as max rewards comes at X level. Everyone X and above will drop back down to X to complete the content to get the reward because it's easier than doing it X+5 for example. I think players who have proven themselves thru rio of being capable of doing X+5 should have an easier time getting into X level groups.

Other players are not hurt in anyway when the X+5 players choose to group together and knock out X keys. Every X or X-1 / X-2 players can run their key and invite any level of player. The only issue is having to spend 5 extra minutes forming a group instead of joining one and having someone else deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    It can very easily tell you boosters tho.
    Is there a method to look that up?

Leavers wouldn't be a good metric cause there's a hundred reasons to leave keys.
    Doesn't matter anymore. When you experience people leaving a group with time to complete the key with the excuse of 'it isn't going fast enough', then it becomes a needed thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that is a bullshit statement. Some can have a high rating and suck, some can have a low rating and be better than the ones with a high rating.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Is there a method to look that up?

Doesn't matter anymore. When you experience people leaving a group with time to complete the key with the excuse of 'it isn't going fast enough', then it becomes a needed thing.
    Right click their name when u have the addon installed. Itll give u the link to their rio page. Load that up real fast and you can see every key they've ever ran organized in drop down menu of dungeons. With highest score showing up on top. So when u go on the page and see 8 +15s done 1 for each dungeon, that's your first clue. Then u click to expand that specific dungeon, and you can see that besides that +15, their highest timed is like a 7, with a bunch of failed untimed completions. Can also click on that timed 15 and see their ilvl when theu ran it, as well as the 4 other player's at 225 lol. Takes about 30 seconds from start to finish to research it.

That's a shitty reason for ppl to leave but rarely happens after +10. Most leavers are cause someone is clearly being carried and its not worth the hassle. Or 2 dudes having a dick measuring contest. Either way, only really a problem in lower keys and any "solution " would cause far more abuse

10+ Year Old Account
    Right click their name when u have the addon installed. Itll give u the link to their rio page. Load that up real fast and you can see every key they've ever ran organized in drop down menu of dungeons. With highest score showing up on top. So when u go on the page and see 8 +15s done 1 for each dungeon, that's your first clue. Then u click to expand that specific dungeon, and you can see that besides that +15, their highest timed is like a 7, with a bunch of failed untimed completions. Can also click on that timed 15 and see their ilvl when theu ran it, as well as the 4 other player's at 225 lol. Takes about 30 seconds from start to finish to research it.
    Thanks. I'll take notes on that. Just hope that'll be something easier to see in this new feature from within the game.

That's a shitty reason for ppl to leave but rarely happens after +10. Most leavers are cause someone is clearly being carried and its not worth the hassle. Or 2 dudes having a dick measuring contest. Either way, only really a problem in lower keys and any "solution " would cause far more abuse
    I've experienced it a lot lately in 10-15's. And it is rather tiresome to lose a key due to some prat demanding the time to be faster than just be completed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wonder if rio is working why do they bother to create something like that ingame instead of using these resources on something cooler.

Well...