Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, you're not a fan. Great, again why are you even here? Do I join the NASA board and tell them to get over it when the Space Shuttle explodes?

Oh, also this:

A plus side to all of this are the memes that are coming out of it.

Real Betis also removed Atletico, Real and Barcelona on the league table on their official website. Absolute banter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loathe this whole situation, the concept and the implication. I hope the whole fucking thing implodes and the Glaziers fuck off as a result, their press release in the MEN today is absolutely vile.

Meanwhile, the new Champions League format that's also gone through is absolutely gash. Be shit but get in anyway because you were good once? Get out.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I loathe this whole situation, the concept and the implication. I hope the whole fucking thing implodes and the Glaziers fuck off as a result, their press release in the MEN today is absolutely vile.

Meanwhile, the new Champions League format that's also gone through is absolutely gash. Be shit but get in anyway because you were good once? Get out.
    I agree, the UEFA isn't much better. But at least we knew their kind of corruption and they still keep everything together and shit, but this... this is just outright betrayal and an attempt to disrupt the entire European football structure. Imagine the ripple effect down into the amateur leagues. Everytime something like this happens, they get downgraded one more step, get a little less money from the solidarity deals. This is just utterly disgraceful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    A plus side to all of this are the memes that are coming out of it.

Real Betis also removed Atletico, Real and Barcelona on the league table on their official website. Absolute banter.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So, you're not a fan. Great, again why are you even here? Do I join the NASA board and tell them to get over it when the Space Shuttle explodes?

Oh, also this:

So to you being a fan of football means you must spend money on the clubs involved? Well, then. Explains why the Super League exists, given the clubs think the same way you do. ‘They love us deep down, so they’re going to buy our shit and watch our games anyway. Win.’ You can keep getting increasingly upset about this all, but it’s not going to change anything. So you do you, buddy.

This whole super league thing is embarrassing for all the teams involved. I'm disgusted (though not surprised) the team I've followed for over 20 years are apart of it, personally I would like for all the teams to get punished (whether it's point deduction, relegation, players not allowed to play for international teams or whatever).

Absolute shambles and Gary Neville's rant was 100% spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    So to you being a fan of football means you must spend money on the clubs involved? Well, then. Explains why the Super League exists, given the clubs think the same way you do. ‘They love us deep down, so they’re going to buy our shit and watch our games anyway. Win.’ You can keep getting increasingly upset about this all, but it’s not going to change anything. So you do you, buddy.
    Being a fan is not about spending money. Being a fan is about being so FANATIC about the club that you identify with it, go to their games, buy a jersey because heck, you're part of the group, and who doesn't fucking own a shawl of their club? If you don't even have that, you are not a fan. I don't know what you are, but I am becoming increasingly disinterested in your opinion on this topic. If I asked you who Bosman was, would you know? Chances are you wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    This whole super league thing is embarrassing for all the teams involved. I'm disgusted (though not surprised) the team I've followed for over 20 years are apart of it, personally I would like for all the teams to get punished (whether it's point deduction, relegation, players not allowed to play for international teams or whatever).

Absolute shambles and Gary Neville's rant was 100% spot on
    @Valkyrst THIS is the reaction of a fan. He's asking for his OWN fucking club to be punished for this. He's not sitting there taking the bullshit, he's showing emotions. What you're doing is smug commentary and it's uncalled for. This thing, whatever is happening, is shaking the foundations of European Football. If you have no emotions about this and all you can muster up is your best Zuckerberg android impression, you are NOT a fan.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Being a fan is not about spending money. Being a fan is about being so FANATIC about the club that you identify with it, go to their games, buy a jersey because heck, you're part of the group, and who doesn't fucking own a shawl of their club? If you don't even have that, you are not a fan. I don't know what you are, but I am becoming increasingly disinterested in your opinion on this topic. If I asked you who Bosman was, would you know? Chances are you wouldn't.
    Sorry, bud. But you don’t get to tell people whether they’re ‘real’ fans or not. Bosman was the first player to launch a judicial challenge against transfer rulings and win. It’s why all free transfers are called...Bosman transfers. If that was your test, woop. Yeah, let’s leave it. You keep throwing your toys out of the pram, and then shell out cash towards your club after all this anyway. Good job.

@Valkyrst THIS is the reaction of a fan. He's asking for his OWN fucking club to be punished for this. He's not sitting there taking the bullshit, he's showing emotions. What you're doing is smug commentary and it's uncalled for. This thing, whatever is happening, is shaking the foundations of European Football. If you have no emotions about this and all you can muster up is your best Zuckerberg android impression, you are NOT a fan.
    You need to grow up. Not throwing a tantrum doesn’t mean people care less. It’s just simple. There are some things not worth getting upset over when the writing was already on the wall. It’s literally the definition of madness. Being upset at an outcome that was already determined. Genius.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-04-19 at 04:25 PM.

I don't get the meme here. I praise bayern and PSG for not joining that league. I also think those bayern's board meetings to make decisions are why Bayern is that successfull. I'd like a little light on what is funny or ironic here

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    I don't get the meme here. I praise bayern and PSG for not joining that league. I also think those bayern's board meetings to make decisions are why Bayern is that successfull. I'd like a little light on what is funny or ironic here
    Oh, sorry, that meme's about the reason why Flick is leaving Bayern (probably) at the end of the season, endless infighting between him and the sports director and the board having to mediate between those two. Problems that EPL teams don't have, because the coach is also the guy buying players. Mostly, if I understood that correctly.

Have you seen the movie Moneyball? Imagine Brazzo being Brad Pitt and Flick being that fat coach nobody liked who got told what to do by the sporting director. We have the same kinda situation at Bayern right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    The majority of the shares of Bayern is owned by fans so Bayern can't do a decision like this without their vote. If a team has an owner that can veto things then they can say that they are going to the ESL deal with it. Perhaps some boards could try to stop it but if there is one owner I think they don't have a choice other than doing what the owner says.

But most probably Bayern dont want to enter anyway. The fan culture in Germany is very strong so if a club from there were to join the reaction would be a lot worse than those we have already seen, I guess.

Sorry, bud. But you don’t get to tell people whether they’re ‘real’ fans or not. Bosman was the first player to launch a judicial challenge against transfer rulings and win. It’s why all free transfers are called...Bosman transfers. If that was your test, woop. Yeah, let’s leave it. You keep throwing your toys out of the pram, and then shell out cash towards your club after all this anyway. Good job.

You need to grow up. Not throwing a tantrum doesn’t mean people care less. It’s just simple. There are some things not worth getting upset over when the writing was already on the wall. It’s literally the definition of madness. Being upset at an outcome that was already determined. Genius.
    You're not from Europe, I can guess that much...

I do believe that there are people in the clubs trying to fight this kind of stuff but they are limited and without power. The ones in power/having the most power are the ones who wants it because "money".

Less football more rugby!

The problem here is that you are not that connected to football that many others are. You don't have to be, and you can be completely emotionless about this thing but implying/writing here how stupid it is to be into the fan part of football is unnecessary. Football is the biggest sport in the world, if you think its unnecessary for people to get mad about this thing then you are completely disconnected with the fan-part.

I still want to know where those 300 million per founding member club money comes from. It's either sheiks, US franchises or Russians... and all three of those groups can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.
    I think i read JP Morgan are pumping in 6 billion or some shit, it's disgusting.
    I wonder how many league 1 and 2 clubs fold because they are reliant on the filtered down tv rights money, which now will be way way less.

Looks like Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man City are going to be kicked out of the CL this season.
    Who saw that coming eh?

We'll know more on Friday it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Looks like Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man City are going to be kicked out of the CL this season.
    Who saw that coming eh?

We'll know more on Friday it seems.
    Replace chelsea with porto

So PSG will finally win the holy grail!! Congrats.

Also, did you see Anders Herriera said that the ESL was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Replace chelsea with porto
    Wouldn't be surprised dude.

My guess is that they'll crown PSG champions and say they deserve it by them beating the current holders.

The timing of this announcement was also really weird. Like even if you think this ESL is a good idea (which the clubs do even if fans hate it) there would just be a really satisfying cosmic karma if these clubs got kicked out of CL now, or point deduction in their leagues. A week ago people were talking about City winning the quadruple. Imagine them being disqualified from CL and getting 20 points deducted in the league or something...