Valheim. 9/10, needs more content but its early access to be fair.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk 77

Haven't finished it but despite the bugs I'm enjoying it. 7/10.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

Tried playing it... that music at the character party setup screen was god awful... main was the Beast guy, and dear God the Voice acting is so fucking BAD!!!!!! Immediately refunded the game...

The SNES version is still quite superior and thankfully THAT version was rereleased

Also on topic

Binding of Issac Repentence
    Nice fresh coat of paint to favorite game ever..10/10 would pay for a fan mod again

Outer wilds.

10/10 Just an awesome game.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Valheim & latest No mans sky, loved it.

Dying Light - 8/10

Now that's a fun little open world zombie game. The parkour system, verticality in level design and dangerous but rewarding nights make it a lot more fun and engaging to traverse than the average open world title, and while the combat isn't that good the loot, skill system and upgrades keep you going. For a 2015 game it looks pretty darn good except for some character models, and performance is solid as well. Major minus point is the story and writing which are cliché at best and just bad at worst but I'm in it for the gameplay anyway.

It can get real challenging in the early game, however. Easy to get cornered, the special zombies are a bitch to deal with, and fighting humans is pretty hard unless you bunch them up and toss a Molotov at them. Once you level things get much more manageable, the game seems to have level scaling but it's biased in favor of the player, as it should be.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps 9/10. Original Ori was a bit more heart pounding and exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Valheim. 9/10, needs more content but its early access to be fair.
    Pretty much same here, so many hours in the last few weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got Celeste free from Epic. 10/10

In fact it has ruined other platforming games for me. Is this the only platformer I'll be playing till the end of my life?

An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire 9/10

Been playing it for a couple of days now, and damn if it ain't addicting. It doesn't have the same replayability as the other Elder Scrolls titles do, as it's very linear and no side quests and such, but it's worth doing a playthrough. It has one of the most detailed character creations I've seen in an RPG. The combat's advanced for a game of the time, it's really impressive. The art is great, and if you can get past the low resolution, it actually still stands. It has surprisingly good voice acting, I didn't expect that at all. It's old school so no hand holding, you have to figure out how everything works yourself, and I love that. Modern TES needs to go back to the basics and take a page out of these older games. Going to play Daggerfall next, I've heard it's a better version of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Persona 5 Strikers hard mode clear.

8/10.

Koei Tecmo absolutely nailed the overall aesthetic of P5, and unlike that game it actually has somewhat of a gameplay challenge. They managed to make it something more than just another dynasty warriors clone into something with an identity of it's own in gameplay.

On the other hand, narratively it ended up retreading too much ground of the game it is a sequel to, and there's a fair few QoL issues, such as the amount of loading screens from checkpoints just to refill on SP, when time management wasn't included the way it is in the main series. That didn't need to be there if they had put that at just touching the checkpoint in the dungeon itself, it makes no difference to the end result but would be way quicker. Requiring a persona to be of a certain level to be able to be used as a base in a fusion really wasn't needed either, it just makes it more grindy than it needs to be when what matters there is the skills more than the stats on it.

Stellaris (inc. all the DLC) 4/10

I'm starting to see a pattern with Paradox games: great ideas, lackluster execution. This is a very complex and convoluted game that gives you very little information. Trial and error is the only way to play this as there is very little good info out there. Mastering this or getting a bachelors degree is the real choice. I could see myself really enjoying this if I wanted to spend the hours on it, but if it's too much for me then there aren't a lot of people out there that will take this on. I'm sure it's infested with bugs though that would eventually start annoying me. Not great, but another good try Paradox.

GTA Online

7/10, I enjoy money grinding and buying fancy vehicles, what I don't enjoy so much is getting blown to pieces by jets and flying bikes while trying to sell cargo.

Dark Souls 3 for the 10th time.

This time finally beating Midir. I never really tried him in my last play throughs.. always a couple of trys and thinking: nope never gonna beat that xD
    But yesterday i beat him after 7-8 trys. I was so happy. It's weird that i never died to Slave Knight Gael. I always oneshot that dude.. but Midir gave me so much trouble..

Solid 10/10 for me. My favourite game. Love everything about it. I have high hopes for Elden Ring.

Yakuza 4

7/10

Excellent chapter in the series. Get to play as multiple characters, and some difficult bosses. The game world is pretty, and get more backstories on characters in other series, and storylines. Combat is one of the better parts of the game with the different characters. The only thing I can say that I hated about this game was probably the fact that just when I started to like certain characters, you move onto another storyline.

Would recommend to any fans who like beat em up, storyline, side story, and mini game type of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I got Celeste free from Epic. 10/10

In fact it has ruined other platforming games for me. Is this the only platformer I'll be playing till the end of my life?
    ....your best bet from here are some Kaizo Mario Maker levels and some Super Mario World hacks...

Hell funny enough Maddy has a Mario Maker account her maker id is JVY-3W4-11H

Though if you want a good steam platformer Freedom Planets worth a look...just skip the story its bad

The Surge, 7.5/10

The Scifi Souls of 2017. I had low expectations as the review consensus about the game seemed to deem it mediocre, but since I got it through PS+ I gave it a shot. Turns out I quite liked it.

You play a wheelchair-bound man, Warren, who applied to the company whose facility the game takes place in. He applied, because they are the leading experts on exo skeleton technology that would enable a handicapped person to move as normal. You move through the reception area and to an assembly room where you're shown a cinematic of Warren getting fixed up with an exo skeleton. But already in this cinematic you're shown that all is not well, as the machine claims it has sedated Warren for the procedure when it actually hasn't. After the procedure the machine dictates Warren is damaged goods or something and sends him away to a sunny scrap yard.

You wake up to a small machine nibbling at you, get up and grab a piston from the ground to smash with. Here you are introduced to actual gameplay (and you're no longer wheelchair-bound either as you now have a fresh exo skeleton installed on you). It's easy to pick up and feels receptive and natural. The area itself is quite nice as far as environments go and the enemies you find here are credible and also offer a continuation the mystery the assembly cinematic introduced: It seems something is controlling the exo skeleton everyone on-site are equipped with, even if the person is dead as the initial enemies are (later enemies are alive, but mind-controlled).

I was wondering how well the souls formula would fit a scifi setting as we are taught to expect zappy lasers and whatnot for such settings, but this place seems to be quite strict about gun-control, so you face various enemies that mostly come at you with melee and you respond in kind. There are different types of exo suits that provide a credible scifi alternative to medieval armor and as a nice feature they each sport a different sort of light. In Dark Souls you would light a dark area with a torch or a spell, but here you have different kinds of armor-bound flashlights or other sorts of illumination that vary in color and the way it illuminates. The first area has a few dark corridors that provide a good contrast to the otherwise sunny area; entering them makes you nervous and claustrophobic in a primal way.

After this nice and well-designed first area the game starts to go downhill. The second area is nothing but a convoluted network of dark corridors and hallways. The enemies are considerably tougher than those in the first area, but like with any soulslike you manage if you take your time and adjust. You meet friendly NPCs that, much like in Dark Souls, offer personal quests you can partake in. Not much else to say about this area, you fight a boss and move on. The third area starts with dark corridors, but then reintroduces you to the sun with a compact outdoor area. It's not as nice as the first area, but you still appreciate the variation after the long trek in the second area.

The fourth area is plain bad: You literally fall into it, so you have no way out until you're done there (the game otherwise allows you to move back and forth between areas and offers some incentives for it too). That would be okay if the area didn't have a HUGE hike in difficulty; it's easily the toughest part of the game that makes you curse bad game design. Once you're finally done there you move to the fifth area, which is more dark corridors, but quite small and you quickly make your way to the next area that is artistically designed office spaces with good illumination. The final part of the game is dark again, and quite confusing to get your head around, but there's some plot-relevant aesthetic to make it a bit different.

I didn't play the DLCs as I only got the base game through PS+, but what was there was nice enough. Definitely a solid 7.5/10, maybe an 8 if the game didn't fall so short in certain parts. Since the game isn't great like Dark Souls or Bloodborne I was glad I didn't have to spend too much time in it, but I would still say the game is too short for the genre. There were only five or six bosses to fight in the entire game and I clocked in far less time than I did in the Souls-franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    Dark Souls 3 for the 10th time.

This time finally beating Midir. I never really tried him in my last play throughs.. always a couple of trys and thinking: nope never gonna beat that xD
    But yesterday i beat him after 7-8 trys. I was so happy. It's weird that i never died to Slave Knight Gael. I always oneshot that dude.. but Midir gave me so much trouble..

Solid 10/10 for me. My favourite game. Love everything about it. I have high hopes for Elden Ring.
    Ah, Midir. I only played through DS3 once, so I was compelled to kill Midir before leaving the game. Died maybe 30+ times before finally executing a near-perfect attempt where I read all his moves and reacted accordingly, managing to finish him off with a whopping 4 Estus flasks left, where in previous attempts if he didn't kill me otherwise it happened through attrition. One of the proudest moments of my gaming career. The final boss after that was laughably easy.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2021-04-24 at 01:15 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

1+ Year Old Account
    Forza Horizon 4 - 8/10.

I really liked the physics of the ride and the large number of cars.
    Last edited by Calawn; 2021-05-09 at 07:08 PM.

Civilization VI

10/10

First time I play a game of this genre. Loved it

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Outriders 5/10

Sigh.
    Space magic.