Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

LFG premade tool in BC Classic

Has Blizzard confirmed they are going to use the old TBC group finder or are they going to copy and paste the Retail premade finder? I haven't seen the eye tab in any beta stream so far, what are your predictions? I'm fine if they want to port their Retail premade finder to TBC because it works so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Has Blizzard confirmed they are going to use the old TBC group finder or are they going to copy and paste the Retail premade finder? I haven't seen the eye tab in any beta stream so far, what are your predictions? I'm fine if they want to port their Retail premade finder to TBC because it works so well.
    I believe it's still disabled on beta. Maybe they're working to restore the old version, particularly the automatic group creation, since that's missing from the retail version.
    But since I don't have beta, can't confirm

Remember when the classic community was up in arms about a simple tool that lists who was LFG, right before launch? Still mad about that. Haven't done any 5 mans on my leveling alts forever now. Can't even read LFG chat through all the boost spam.

In short, I sure hope to god we're getting some sort of lfg list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Remember when the classic community was up in arms about a simple tool that lists who was LFG, right before launch? Still mad about that. Haven't done any 5 mans on my leveling alts forever now. Can't even read LFG chat through all the boost spam.

Classic community was up in arms about it because it did not exist in vanilla.

I am level 27 now. Haven't ran a single dungeon, closest I got was 2 hours of spamming for healer for WC and I am on medium realm. What the hell is going on in "low" realms - I don't even want to know, it's just a shame that you can't just find ppl to play with unless you are in a town and even then it's hours of spamming.

Yeah, I hope whatever they come up with is better than tradechatspam.

They haven't made many great decisions in the last 15 years, but a manual group finder that works is definitely a no brainer.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I am level 27 now. Haven't ran a single dungeon, closest I got was 2 hours of spamming for healer for WC and I am on medium realm. What the hell is going on in "low" realms - I don't even want to know, it's just a shame that you can't just find ppl to play with unless you are in a town and even then it's hours of spamming.
    Really depends on when you play. If you try to find groups during mornings or major raid evenings like wed or sun, you can forget about. Classic is in it's last weeks, so aside from some rerollers is normal that there aren't a ton of people leveling, this will change drastically in the pre-patch.

Neither was world buff saver item. Funny, didn't see the no changes crowd being upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Really depends on when you play. If you try to find groups during mornings or major raid evenings like wed or sun, you can forget about. Classic is in it's last weeks, so aside from some rerollers is normal that there aren't a ton of people leveling, this will change drastically in the pre-patch.
    Yeah, I understand that this is the case, but still, kinda bummed about that, as I expected people to be actively leveling stuff as it is one of the major features of Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    well considering we've finally seen the stupidity of the "No Changes" mindset and how it ruins the gaming experience, hopefully Blizzard will continue to ignore them this time around.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    well considering we've finally seen the stupidity of the "No Changes" mindset and how it ruins the gaming experience, hopefully Blizzard will continue to ignore them this time around.
    They already said some changes, where needed. Having to ask in x channel for more people for a group or whisper someone to join is a whole different thing than the wb meta that pretty much required you to not play your character for 2-3 days. But let's not derail the topic into no changes vs i want retail in vanilla content.

Don't worry. I played my druid since phase one Classic and did like 3 dungeons with guildies. If you could not cleave there is no invite in pugs on my server. It was "cleave rush or gtfo". That was before mages got to 60 to sell boosts. So yes, the dream "enjoy the journey" did not last long even back then. The meta took over quickly.

There was a semi-automated LFG addon for Classic Vanilla, Blizzard quickly made it useless because they don't want that interaction.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    There was a semi-automated LFG addon for Classic Vanilla, Blizzard quickly made it useless because they don't want that interaction.
    What was automated about it? Wasn't it just an lfg list?

What was automated about it? Wasn't it just an lfg list?
    You could set it up with auto invite if people whispered you.
    So you could make the addon track "LFG" channels for any LFG or LFM and then present it to you in a list in the addon, kinda similar to Retail WoW Group Finder tool. But if you were the creator of a group you could set the addon to invite anyone who whispered you "inv" or whatever word you set it to, not quite as automated as LFG ...but not far off.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2021-04-27 at 07:22 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I believe it's still disabled on beta. Maybe they're working to restore the old version, particularly the automatic group creation, since that's missing from the retail version.
    But since I don't have beta, can't confirm
    Automatic grouping came with WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You could set it up with auto invite if people whispered you.
    So you could make the addon track "LFG" channels for any LFG or LFM and then present it to you in a list in the addon, kinda similar to Retail WoW Group Finder tool. But if you were the creator of a group you could set the addon to invite anyone who whispered you "inv" or whatever word you set it to, not quite as automated as LFG ...but not far off.
    No one was going to have the option on to just have people automatically invited, assuming that would of been a toggle. Maybe for open world questing, but who cares about that.

I'd say the implementation IS pretty far off from a completely automated, cross server, group finder.

Except Vanilla did have an option to list if you were looking for a group or not. It's just very few people used it, and it ended up being useless because of that.

You not remembering (or even knowing about it in the first place) notwithstanding.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said at Blizzcon they were going to import modern Group Finder but not Auto-Forming, Auto-Warping LFD.

I know this is very confusing to most people.

I wish they'd release the damn thing on Beta, or confirm they decided to scrap LFG entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Low realms will legitimately have a dozen people on. I transferred from Incendius as Horde because there were literally 12 people online at peak hours in Orgimmar. Don't even think of finding a group for any dungeon on a server that low. We'll deal with the high queue times at launch as long as the server isn't completely dead in a few months.