Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Blades of the Black Empire and the Shadowlands

How does BotBE fit into the current picture happening in Shadowlands. Do you think it is still relevant after the role it played in Legion and BfA?

Follow-up: if it would be relevant during the expac, what would be its part and role to play in Shadowlands?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-28 at 12:10 PM.

You mean Xal'atath the entity or the actual blade? Currently I don't think either are relevant for Shadowlands but there's certainly a future for them afterwards.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You mean Xal'atath the entity or the actual blade? Currently I don't think either are relevant for Shadowlands but there's certainly a future for them afterwards.
    I guess both. The blade after Wrathion plunged it to N'Zoth and Call after entering the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I guess both. The blade after Wrathion plunged it to N'Zoth and Call after entering the portal.
    Well like I said, I don't see them being relevant this expansion. This is about the Jailer and the forces of Death.

Baine Bloodhoof can not die from falling... he survived many times Thunderbluff's elevator

Tangentially related to Nathanos using it to guide him at one point, Vash'j via Azshara, void invading all the realms and leaving fragments around to corrupt later, presence of the Light bursting at Revendreth, Anduin being influenced by void visions, and Alleria maybe getting involved with Sylvanas.

Void seems to want Sylv dead from the comic where the Windrunners met, but Sylv gave the Knife to Nathanos at one point and was helpful. So Knife may be fine with Sylv, but Sylv doesn't seem to have any interest or benefit in allying with Void or Knife unless it would be to hurt Arthas or break the system of Death. Maybe Knife can provide that power since it slammed into N'Zoth, and Old Gods famously seem to go outside the cycle.

So maybe there's something there.

But, generally I agree that Knife wouldn't be pertinent now.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does BotBE fit into the current picture happening in Shadowlands. Do you think it is still relevant after the role it played in Legion and BfA?
    It's a plotline reserved for later. Blizzard does have a plan going forwards, they have several expansions of story planned ahead (ex. Legion was seeded with plenty of big and small plots for Shadowlands, pretty obvious now). Heck I bet Legion plotted even further than that, Xera thing was not some fluke.

So Knaifu will definitely play a role down the road, but maybe not in Shadowlands. It's like Wrathion, Dadghar or many other notables, they appear one expansion, then disappear another and finally return to play their part. You can be sure she will have a part in the inevitable Void expansion, even if it will be 5 years from now.

We will definetly see both again.
    Wrathion and the blade have role to play and Xalatath is the biggest foreshadowing they have ever done probably^^

I guess she will come back in a light vs void expanision as a semi neutral/selfserving entity

But they have nothing directly to do with the shadowlands that is true. technically there are not many people in the shadowlands to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    The blade probably got destroyed when we defeated the carapace.
    Xal herself is still out there and kicking.

She will obviously be important at some point, just not this expansion.

Formerly known as Arafal

How does BotBE fit into the current picture happening in Shadowlands.
    It doesn't until writes feel like it will need to. Then they will make something up to justify it.

Do you think it is still relevant after the role it played in Legion and BfA?
    It will be relevant when the writers decide so.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The blade probably got destroyed when we defeated the carapace.
    Xal herself is still out there and kicking.

She will obviously be important at some point, just not this expansion.
    So "who" has the blade* now?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-28 at 01:19 PM.

So has the made now?
    What?
    10/char

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Tangentially related to Nathanos using it to guide him at one point, Vash'j via Azshara, void invading all the realms and leaving fragments around to corrupt later, presence of the Light bursting at Revendreth, Anduin being influenced by void visions, and Alleria maybe getting involved with Sylvanas.

Void seems to want Sylv dead from the comic where the Windrunners met, but Sylv gave the Knife to Nathanos at one point and was helpful. So Knife may be fine with Sylv, but Sylv doesn't seem to have any interest or benefit in allying with Void or Knife unless it would be to hurt Arthas or break the system of Death. Maybe Knife can provide that power since it slammed into N'Zoth, and Old Gods famously seem to go outside the cycle.

So maybe there's something there.

But, generally I agree that Knife wouldn't be pertinent now.
    Why wouldn't the Light and Void invade? The Void sees all truths and sees Death as the enemy of all (And rightfully so), while the Light got pissed off at the Dreadlords.

7+ Year Old Account
    So has the made now?
    I don't know what that means.

Formerly known as Arafal

What?
    10/char
    He meant the Blade, not the made. lol

- - - Updated - - -

So has the made now?
    The Blade was likely destroyed once Wrathion stabbed it within N'Zoth. Bellular and others took that specific scene of the blade clearly blowing tf up into dangerous levels of fanfic territory.

He meant the Blade, not the made. lol
    "So has the blade now?" still doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    At some point Knaifu will come back in the picture; not necessarily in Shadowlands until we're hit with a Sunwell-like scenario outta nowhere (Illidan/Jailer is really the final boss of the expansion they promised he was on the cover OH NO OH WAIT OH) outta nowhere.

Even better

You'll be able to grind reputation with her.

mmmm...
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

"So has the blade now?" still doesn't make sense.
    He means "Who has the Blade now", which AGAIN wouldn't make sense cause it blew tf up

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how literally NO ONE got the fucking memo from the Fury of N'Zoth fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how literally NO ONE got the fucking memo from the Fury of N'Zoth fight.
    Ah, but see, that's because people were too busy complaining about the N'zoth death cinematic to pay attention to anything else.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

It likely doesn't connect now but will have a dozen possible plot threads to hint at something vague in the future.

It is why you saw necromancers in WoD. Blizzard always hints at any plan they have so when they decide on one they can claim sharp eyed fans had clues that could of predicted it.