Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    No need to convince me from not playing those subpar wow-wannabies.
    You are correct at one thing. They ARE bad at being WoW. Which is a good thing considering wow's story, profession system, animations, class design and content schedule.

Torghast could have been a good alternative for DPS to get gear (besides legendary) but no they do not want that, instead they made it so boring and not rewarding, that almost nobody enjoys doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about loot improvements? Give a loot bag at the end. The more challenging the run is, the better quality loot bag you get. Have island expedition style rewards, so there's a reason to go to Torghast.

I would need Torghast climbing the tower to consist of one layer every level. To feel gusto to try it out. As it stands currently with 8 layers per level, I don't want to bother to go. I know my friend was in that boat too.."not sure if I would have enough time to do a level." I'm wonder how many other players are in this bracket.. this should be consisting of one layer per level.

Make a hard wing corridor. One layer per one floor. I don't care for difficult content that much but if the rewards were there. I would probably go participate. Here's an example what I would think would work for me. Not sure if it would work for the majority of the playerbase:

Floor 1 - A pet
    Floor 2- Currency
    Floor 3 - Currency
    Floor 4 - Boots
    Floor 5 - Currency
    Floor 6 - Currency
    Floor 7 - Gloves
    So on and forth for a couple levels, added in some sleek gear in the mix.
    Floor 11 - New currency (To unlock a piece at vendor. Possibly a weapon/backpiece that can be upgraded that appearances change while upgrading.)
    Floor 12 - New currency.
    Floor 13 - Another pet
    Floor 14 - New currency
    Floor 15 - New currency
    Floor 16 - Some type of mount
    Etc, etc.
    Floor 21- Another empowered currency (Goes towards upgrading the weapon/ back piece that is specific reward for Torghast. Alters the appearance if you are able to get enough currency.)
    Etc adding mounts, pets in the mix. Probably have a full boss armor set by now too.

By the time you reach higher levels you have the currency to empower the weapon or backpiece fully. (That of course looks outstanding) Add at the end of the tower one of the most boss mounts you ever seen. Let's do two, one for just completing the tower in general. (That people signify what it means) Another that consists of having all currency from several different layers to craft the ultimate looking mount. (Like an Atma or bahamut from FF)

Replayability is there. Don't make it a limited time. Make it so it's scaled (all these corridors seemed instanced to me) so players can play it and have challenge for the remainder of this game.

This all sounds so much better to me. An ultimate piece that can be upgraded and changes in appearance (weapon or cloak etc.), two mounts that are groundbreaking with weaker ones thrown in the mix while scaling the tower. Amazing armor sets. Possible another set in higher levels. Some pets and toys thrown into the mix.

To me it's just that simple. Then with only one layer per floor. I would like to see if participation is much higher. That will be for a long time.. so Torghast isn't a throw away. Can keep the challenge there if scaled. In all reality I can't expect them to do this... as it would be already implemented. While it might seem like much work, I believe it isn't with singular floors and they already have the groundwork. It's just not being cheap on the rewards. But they can go the way of less work and make 7 or so different challenges that can stay there for the remainder of the game scaled or not. (Or however many armor slots, to create a boss looking set) Torghast made appealing to all types of players. Rewards are still not there.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-04-28 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I think it's obvious: It's a flagship feature, same happened with warfronts and islands till mid expansion. :/

I wonder how much the wow playerbase likes "new systems" in their mmorpg on an average though. Let's go back to MoP, where I think the very first "system" was added: scenarios. At the end of mop everybody was sick of scenarios because those were the main source of valor points. Then the devs said they will use scenarios elsewhere in the game, which then became storytelling utility.

Garrisons... I suspect garrisons were just to expensive (art!) to fully go out on them.
    Artifacts someone considers a success, someone as a failure. I for one didn't like them.
    Then Azerite, Islands Warfronts, visions. All went directly to the garbage. Ok, visions -> maybe Torghast.

I mean if even the devs consider these as a throwaway stuff, what do they expect from the players?
    First it's hard to get attached to something that is meant to be for just one expansion (mage towers are a good example: players loved it, got attached, it was teared out of the game and never recreated since). But then it's hard to make them just right especially when it's almost intended to suck at first and as the expansion progresses it becomes better. To me, they are already late with Torghast.

They try to import other games into wow and so far it hasn't been much of a success...
    The mage tower is a weird one. Couldnt they just have mage tower being carried over to the next xpac? Like with brawlers guild. Or atleast, after Legion they could have made a new feature like mage tower and call it something else(if needed for story reasons in legion).

It could be placed in SW & ORG, were each xpac gives the mage tower its flavour. Now its SL, so mobs/bosses that comes from that universe. BFA could have had bosses from that world. In there we could obtain mounts, tmog gear, titles. Whatever. Its a feature that could have lived on easily. Maybe with scaling and all we could have a choice of doing the legion challenges, then bfa,then SL and so on..

Torghast is not the same, and its a utterly waste of time and resources on Blizzards side. Never, ever have I disliked something so quickly in wow as that place. And its supposed to be a main feature whole xpac..

I had great fun with mage tower, even though I failed SO many times. It was something you could quickly do whenever you wanted and didnt require longer sitdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I had great fun with mage tower, even though I failed SO many times. It was something you could quickly do whenever you wanted and didnt require longer sitdowns.
    Yes, need singular floors and better rewards.

Another "system" added to the game....SHOCKING

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Yes, need singular floors and better rewards.
    It needs to be alot quicker. It sucks running about just aoe stuff down to collect stuff just so you can kill last boss. I dont understand why they made the whole feature such an ordeal. Whats even worse, its no fun either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Another "system" added to the game....SHOCKING
    yeah its to much now. Im sick and tierd of all these systems being piled into the game. Last part of BFA I gave up on knowing what systems were in place. SL is the first xpac I cant be bothered at all to research all thats needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I would need Torghast climbing the tower to consist of one layer every level. To feel gusto to try it out. As it stands currently with 8 layers per level, I don't want to bother to go. I know my friend was in that boat too.."not sure if I would have enough time to do a level." I'm wonder how many other players are in this bracket.. this should be consisting of one layer per level.

Make a hard wing corridor. One layer per one floor. I don't care for difficult content that much but if the rewards were there. I would probably go participate. Here's an example what I would think would work for me. Not sure if it would work for the majority of the playerbase:

Floor 1 - A pet
    Floor 2- Currency
    Floor 3 - Currency
    Floor 4 - Boots
    Floor 5 - Currency
    Floor 6 - Currency
    Floor 7 - Gloves
    So on and forth for a couple levels, added in some sleek gear in the mix.
    Floor 11 - New currency (To unlock a piece at vendor. Possibly a weapon/backpiece that can be upgraded that appearances change while upgrading.)
    Floor 12 - New currency.
    Floor 13 - Another pet
    Floor 14 - New currency
    Floor 15 - New currency
    Floor 16 - Some type of mount
    Etc, etc.
    Floor 21- Another empowered currency (Goes towards upgrading the weapon/ back piece that is specific reward for Torghast. Alters the appearance if you are able to get enough currency.)
    Etc adding mounts, pets in the mix. Probably have a full boss armor set by now too.

By the time you reach higher levels you have the currency to empower the weapon or backpiece fully. (That of course looks outstanding) Add at the end of the tower one of the most boss mounts you ever seen. Let's do two, one for just completing the tower in general. (That people signify what it means) Another that consists of having all currency from several different layers to craft the ultimate looking mount. (Like an Atma or bahamut from FF)

Replayability is there. Don't make it a limited time. Make it so it's scaled (all these corridors seemed instanced to me) so players can play it and have challenge for the remainder of this game.

This all sounds so much better to me. An ultimate piece that can be upgraded and changes in appearance (weapon or cloak etc.), two mounts that are groundbreaking with weaker ones thrown in the mix while scaling the tower. Amazing armor sets. Possible another set in higher levels. Some pets and toys thrown into the mix.

To me it's just that simple. Then with only one layer per floor. I would like to see if participation is much higher. That will be for a long time.. so Torghast isn't a throw away. Can keep the challenge there if scaled. In all reality I can't expect them to do this... as it would be already implemented. While it might seem like much work, I believe it isn't with singular floors and they already have the groundwork. It's just not being cheap on the rewards. But they can go the way of less work and make 7 or so different challenges that can stay there for the remainder of the game scaled or not. (Or however many armor slots, to create a boss looking set) Torghast made appealing to all types of players. Rewards are still not there.
    This is what i thought Torghast would be like... I quit a while back while i wait for more content, but if this was Torghast i might still be playing..or at least a bit longer

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    heh looks like Devs enjoyed Hades.

These passive talent trees they keep doing that are tied to expansion content rather than the classes themselves are so incredibly boring and I'm surprised it's the same people who decry Classic talent trees who also support stuff like this.

This shit is fucking lame. There's no other way to say it. Collect resources, spend points to make content easier. Rinse and repeat. There's nothing else to it.

Out of all the carrots this isn't their best.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    WIthout more rewards, this is too little, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    WIthout more rewards, this is too little, too late.
    They said there won't be gear rewards, meaning of course we will be getting more Torghast rewards overall.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They said there won't be gear rewards, meaning of course we will be getting more Torghast rewards overall.
    Still, without a weekly gear reward, players will grind out what cosmetics are available and leave it behind. Would be easy to allow for some gear or xp to alts if not mains.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You are correct at one thing. They ARE bad at being WoW. Which is a good thing considering wow's story, profession system, animations, class design and content schedule.
    Haha whatever dude. Continue fooling yourself

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They abandonded 40 man raids
    "Adding a new mechanic to an existing system" is not "abandonment". It's literally the opposite of abandonment. This is like saying I abandoned my empty coffee cup because I poured coffee in it, absolute nonsense.

And the player base disliked 40-player raids once the novelty wore off, and the logistical nightmare of actually keeping a 40-player raid functional revealed its ugly head. Granted that took until BWL and Naxx to sink in, when boss mechanics required all 40 players to not be AFK and pushing more than one button the entire time.

they abandonded faction specific classes
    Because they were near impossible to balance while maintaining some semblance of factional flavor and class fantasy, a large and vocal chunk of the player base hated it, and dev team resources were plain and simply better allocated elsewhere. Same goes for racial class skills. To the point the difference between SoV and SoB alone was the difference between Horde paladins being high-tier DPS/utility and in strong demand, and Alliance paladins relegated to heal and cleanse bots for another entire expansion cycle.

You can't say Blizzard "abandoned" something when, in fact, they were responding to the player base's criticisms of design choices.

they abandonded stat %'s
    Nobody tell this person the percentages were actually the same, and all Blizzard did was figure out increasing the level cap without some form of diminishing returns on deprecated gear, meant level 60 raid gear would still be BiS at least until starting level 70 raids, and trivially easy to obtain at level 70.

they abandonded dungeons and raids coming in only 1 size/difficulty
    Apparently, deciding to clarify instanced content as being intended for a single party of five players as dungeons, and instanced content requiring more than one party as raids, is "abandonment".

Just, never mind that nearly every dungeon in vanilla WoW could originally be done with ten players. Never mind how players quickly figured out that wasn't necessary, and generally just ran everything but BRD, Strath, Scholo, and BRS as a single party...and if players were mostly in tier 0-0.5 gear, those could be done with a five-player party as well. And thus, Blizzard catered to community trend.

But I mean, what is a "raid" by this illogic, anyways? The need to attune? Players had to attune for the "dungeons" of BRD, Scholo, and UBRS. But I mean, I guess that's one thing Blizzard "abandoned" as well, multiple wings of a dungeon in the same instance? Because everyone who played vanilla WoW loved that and ran the entire dungeon from beginning to end every time, right?

andthen the best part. "Wintergrasp aswell as small pvp areas in certain zones" please tell me in wotlk where you could capture towers and stuff to buff everyone in the zone? [...] ...which has no real effect on everyone outside the zone. and the zone itself was literally ONLY for that purpose, you couldnt while leveling go do some pvp to help you and your fellow levelers get some extra exp or do extra damage.
    I mean, other than unlocking a raid instance for the winning faction that was relatively simple and dropped tiered gear. And enabling an expansion-wide buff that allowed bosses to drop currency, that was traded for endgame recipes, crafting materials, enchants, gems, and heirlooms. But I mean it's technically accurate to what you said as Wintergrasp didn't buff everyone in the zone (I mean, except for Tenacity), it buffed everyone on the continent.

But other than that, nope, no effect on anyone who didn't participate in the PvP at all.

...but wintergrasp is not an "open world pvp objective" its a timed battle...
    The queue-less PvP zone, that anyone could enter into from any point and at any time they desired and leave identically, which is pretty much the definition of open-world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    He was absolutely scraping the barrel to defend this shit expansion, lmao. He actually said stats as percentages. It's honestly hilarious, these fanboys are euthanizing the game by defending its endless god awful design, it's going to be the day of the greatest schadenfreude ever when Activision takes the game behind the shed and fully puts it out of its misery while they and their single remaining microserver of shills cry about it. What went wrong indeed.
    Somehow enjoying a game for what it is still isn't as bad as lurking a forum for a game you hate just to argue with other people. Gotta be some other form of interaction you can get with other humans that's healthier for you

I want a Torghast like the Ancient Cave from Lufia II.