Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll give him credit when his pay is on par with his subordinates. This is obviously a PR stunt. Satoru Iwata used to do this frequently, without external pressure, when Nintendo failed to meet expectations. He's only agreeing to this after killing how many jobs for failing to meet Blizzard expectations?

10+ Year Old Account
    THE LEATHERWORKER META IS DEAD!!!!

Thank God, THANK YOU Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    I swear the guy could announce he's quitting and giving all his money to homeless LGBTQ puppies and people would still be mad.
    Funny how people try to defend that PoS

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For reference he’s just flat out one upped Satoru Iwata if he sticks to this for more then 5 months.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-25941070

10+ Year Old Account
    The man has earned every single shit that's ever been taken on him and I, for one, will not fall for this PR stunt.

Let the devil horns continue!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Poor Bobby, would need to work part time now.

Though jokes aside, I'm actually impressed they/him agreed to drop down this feast during famine thing. I just wonder what they are going to do with these extra $200m that freed up - here's a thought, maybe split it between your non top-brass staff working in ActiBlizz.

Or maybe use it to make a fund and give a bit extra to the people they let go.
    He got it in stock so no money is actually being freed up, they could give the employees stock I guess???

PR is gonna PR, what else.

Oh well, guess I'll never be able to criticise Blizzard again after this saintly display of pure goodness.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

This news is making me very interested in the Q1 report next week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I'll give him credit when his pay is on par with his subordinates. This is obviously a PR stunt. Satoru Iwata used to do this frequently, without external pressure, when Nintendo failed to meet expectations. He's only agreeing to this after killing how many jobs for failing to meet Blizzard expectations?
    failing to meet expectations and taking huge losing is way more external pressure then more then doubling the stock price in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Poor Bobby, would need to work part time now.

Though jokes aside, I'm actually impressed they/him agreed to drop down this feast during famine thing. I just wonder what they are going to do with these extra $200m that freed up - here's a thought, maybe split it between your non top-brass staff working in ActiBlizz.

Or maybe use it to make a fund and give a bit extra to the people they let go.
    Why? It'll go to the bottom line and shareholders. They deserve the cash\savings. Not Timmy who got laid off because they are surplus to requirements. It's not Blizzards job to provide social welfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol?i think you mean he wont be able to afford his luxury yacht this week
    #prayforBobby

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    It's called good business. That's why he gets paid more than his subs. It's definetly a PR move but not one aimed at people who think a ceo dies the same job as a dev. A ceo salary is irrelevant. I would rather see ceo salary stay the same while the lowest paid get more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemarou View Post
    They're temporarily embarrassed millionaires
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I swear the guy could announce he's quitting and giving all his money to homeless LGBTQ puppies and people would still be mad.
    There are people writing love letters for serial killers. There are people sacrificing children for the devil. And there are you...

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemarou View Post
    I'm not defending him, its completely fucked up how much money he's making, with or without the cut. I'm just saying no matter what he or blizzard does at this point people will be mad because they want to be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    There are people writing love letters for serial killers. There are people sacrificing children for the devil. And there are you...
    Oh of course, killing babies and telling people to relax on a video game based forum, that's pretty much the same thing.
    Last edited by Smeeh; 2021-04-29 at 09:13 PM.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's still "his money" since he owns the company either way. This doesn't really mean anything unless it comes with pay raises for employees and/or new hires.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I mean, it's still "his money" since he owns the company either way. This doesn't really mean anything unless it comes with pay raises for employees and/or new hires.
    He doesn't own the company. It is publicly traded and Mr. Kotick is only the highest individual share owner but not the highest share owner there is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Oh no! Not rich peoples Yacht Money!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    nah this sounds pretty dope actually