Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Pre patch only 2 weeks, what happens if can't level to 60 prior June 1st?

So pre patch is only 2 weeks and I'm wondering what happens to those alliance shamans/horde paladins who can't get to 60 before June 1st and its game over. Will they ever be able to catch up and are always behind through TBC? Is it better to play safe and not to level in pre patch so you can get to raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So pre patch is only 2 weeks and I'm wondering what happens to those alliance shamans/horde paladins who can't get to 60 before June 1st and its game over. Will they ever be able to catch up and are always behind through TBC? Is it better to play safe and not to level in pre patch so you can get to raids.
    It'll be fine. you'll thank yourself later when you're trying to level with 100 people on your layer trying to do the same starting quest in hellfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't level to 60 in two weeks with the pre-patch xp nerfs, I doubt you would be ready to raid on launch day.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You could use the character copy service and put them on the TBC Classic server?

Else, start from scratch on the TBC Classic server?

And you apparently can't use the boost on Blood Elves or Draenei.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

behind on what lol,its not the end of the world if you ding a few days late

also 2 weeks is more than enough to get to 57/58,tbc if im not mistaken also has a fair bit of a nerf to xp

i hope i can do it in 2 weeks with faster leveling in classic content and alot of boosting
    Last edited by crazyswayzee; 2021-05-11 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    behind on what lol,its not the end of the world if you ding a few days late
    you don't want to be behind whole expansion so fast leveling at launch is pretty much required

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't make it to 60 before June 1st Blizzard will delete your account, and charge your credit card until it's capped for the rest of your life.

... But seriously wtf kind of guild do you play with that won't let you raid if you're not 70 by week one? Get better friends, like jesus....

How would you be ALWAYS behind through TBC? The expansion will last for around 1.5 years. You'll only be behind with the amount of time it takes you to reach level 70 compared to everyone else. If you hit level 70 3 weeks later than the majority, you'll be behind with 3 kara clears at the very most. And since T5 won't even be released at launch, by the time it's released you'll be all caught up and ready to roll in. So not reaching 58 on June 1st barley makes any difference. There will be people leveling for a very long time.

If it takes you 1.5 years to reach level 70, then yeah, you'll always be behind.

If you can't reach 58 before June 1st, you'll continue to level up lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    True, you only have the exp buff for These two weeks. So IF dont make it to lvl 60 then you have to Level the last levels in classic with normal exp as well. 2 weeks is not enough and i dont like it!
    What buff are you talking about? There is no buff .. there is a nerf of about 20% in experience required for levels 20 to 60 ... forever.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-05-06 at 08:46 PM.

You would be behind in phase 1, but until we know how long phase 1 lasts, it's hard to say how big a deal this is. I would just get as far as you can, and if you don't make it, be thankful you aren't trying to play day 1 in outland lol. It's going to be a mess.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I also do not like only 2 weeks... but saying 'game over' is slight overreaction.
    During original TBC there were no BE/DR in prepatch.

This is the most incorrect thing i've read on these forums. And sadly, I've seen it with multiple posters.

1. Prepatch was never designed for the majority of pallies/shamans to get to 58 before release. Blizz stated the prepatch would allow them to get a "jump" on leveling and 2 weeks does exactly that.
    2. "Catch up" is a complete farce. There is no such thing this early in an expansion as being left behind. Especially with pallies and shaman when everyone leveling one is on the same playing field and they will all be just as desired come end-game.
    3. There's no other reason to extend the prepatch longer than two weeks. Nothing truly important happens during it and thousands of players will be sitting around in anticipation of release. We'll enjoy a bit of time with new talents, I guess there's some tabard thing, then we'll be ready to cross through to Outland. Don't keep me waiting imo.
    Last edited by ozzynclyde; 2021-05-06 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    This is the most incorrect thing i've read on these forums. And sadly, I've seen it with multiple posters hahaha.

1. Prepatch was never designed for the majority of pallies/shamans to get to 58 before release. Blizz stated the prepatch would allow them to get a "jump" on leveling and 2 weeks does exactly that.
    2. "Catch up" is a complete farce. There is no such thing this early in an expansion as being left behind. Especially with pallies and shaman when everyone leveling one is on the same playing field and they will all be just as desired come end-game.
    3. There's no other reason to extend the prepatch longer than two weeks. Nothing truly important happens during it and thousands of players will be sitting around in anticipation of release. We'll enjoy a bit of time with new talents, I guess there's some tabard thing, then we'll be ready to cross through to Outland. Don't keep me waiting imo.
    Honestly dude just piss off. This shit is so fucking cringe it is unreal. There is literally no reason for the prepatch to only be 2 weeks long. Even back then 15 years ago the prepatch period was 1,5 - 2 months long. They could have easily made it 1 month to spice up the last bit of Classic, maybe even longer. There is really no reason why P6 has lasted this long when prepatch could have changed things up. People could have fun in Naxx/raids with TBC talents etc. It would give people time to take vacation off. There is ZERO harm in letting Paladins/Shamans have plently of time to level up. 2 weeks is "enough" for some, but not people that got jobs and possibly wives/kids.

Seeing people defend these shitty decisions that ONLY harm the players is just disgusting.

To actually answer OP - It will be fine. Leveling on launch will be a shitshow for a majority of players anyways. If you intend to play Paladin you can play Prot and have a massive advantage - There is always a shortage of tanks, so you will be able to make/join groups incredible fast once you are 70 so the gearing will be quick. Phase 1 will last for a while and you can easily catch up after Kara has been cleared NP.
    Last edited by RainBoi; 2021-05-06 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    Honestly dude just piss off. This shit is so fucking cringe it is unreal. There is literally no reason for the prepatch to only be 2 weeks long. Even back then 15 years ago the prepatch period was 1,5 - 2 months long. They could have easily made it 1 month to spice up the last bit of Classic, maybe even longer. There is really no reason why P6 has lasted this long when prepatch could have changed things up. People could have fun in Naxx/raids with TBC talents etc. It would give people time to take vacation off. There is ZERO harm in letting Paladins/Shamans have plently of time to level up. 2 weeks is "enough" for some, but not people that got jobs and possibly wives/kids.

Seeing people defend these shitty decisions that ONLY harm the players is just disgusting.
    And what was there to do for 2 months of pre-patch??? Give me a break save me the time of doing Naxx raids with TBC talents and lets get this going. If you want to live on Vanilla Classic then go for it, you have that option.

There isnt any harm in letting them level up, no. I stated that Blizz has said they would allow them some time to get started with leveling and, guess what? They have. Yall thought from the beginning this would be a chance to level up to 60 which was never ever a set-in-stone plan.

Why is your idea of the game that causal players with families, etc. HAVE to start at level 60? They're playing casually for a reason man. They can finish their leveling after release just fine. They won't be behind any other player this early into the expansion. I'm sick of seeing posters who gripe and moan and destroy any action Blizz ever takes because that's all you want to do.
    Last edited by ozzynclyde; 2021-05-06 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzynclyde View Post
    And what was there to do for 2 months of pre-patch??? Give me a break save me the time of doing Naxx raids with TBC talents and lets get this going. If you want to live on Vanilla Classic then go for it, you have that option.

There isnt any harm in letting them level up, no. I stated that Blizz has said they would allow them some time to get started with leveling and, guess what? They have. Yall thought from the beginning this would be a chance to level up to 60 which was never ever a set-in-stone plan.

Why is your idea of the game that causal players with families, etc. HAVE to start at level 60? They're playing casually for a reason man. They can finish their leveling after release just fine. They won't be behind any other player this early into the expansion. I'm sick of seeing posters who gripe and moan and destroy any action Blizz ever takes because that's all you want to do.
    You are literally just gatekeeping for the sake of it. So cringe when sweaty gamers do this.

What was there to do for 2 months of prepatch? What has there been to do for 2 months with NO prepatch? People been running the same raids mindlessly. Some changeup with Paladins on the Horde/Shamans on the Alliance + TBC talents would have spiced things up and made it significantly more fun than what it has been.

It would also give people time to farm BGs for the gear on the alts. There wont be time to do this for most people now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion will appear at your place and shoot you if you dont make it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    You would be behind in phase 1, but until we know how long phase 1 lasts, it's hard to say how big a deal this is. I would just get as far as you can, and if you don't make it, be thankful you aren't trying to play day 1 in outland lol. It's going to be a mess.

I m mean you might be behind for the first couple weeks but once you hit cap it won't take long to catch up. At least the pallys and Shamans get a 2 week head start this time around. Last time they had to wait until release and somehow it managed to work out fine.

but people gonna complain i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    You are literally just gatekeeping for the sake of it. So cringe when sweaty gamers do this.

What was there to do for 2 months of prepatch? What has there been to do for 2 months with NO prepatch? People been running the same raids mindlessly. Some changeup with Paladins on the Horde/Shamans on the Alliance + TBC talents would have spiced things up and made it significantly more fun than what it has been.

It would also give people time to farm BGs for the gear on the alts. There wont be time to do this for most people now.
    Gatekeeping what?

You're almost making my point for me. If there's nothing to do currently why are you suggesting extending Classic with a longer pre-patch? I've always hated how long pre-patches go on for and this is the first time I've been excited about it. Run a couple raids with the new talents, absolutely, but they're still the same mindless raids we've been mopping through over and over again. Truly don't believe that honeymoon period would last long. Let's get this going, enjoy it for a moment, and get to the real stuff, not sit in pre-patch purgatory for weeks and weeks.

If you don't make it on time your reward will be not having to play Hellfire on day 1.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.