Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While I don’t believe this email is real or authentic, I do agree with the Op about the sad direction the game is trending and Ion is a big reason for why.

He inherited legion, didn’t design it, and the two expacs he’s been at the helm of have, arguably, been the lowest points in WoW history (bfa-sl)

The game has devolved into a seasonal Diablo 3 mmo arpg under his watch, and activision grew more in control during his reign as well. That’s why the store mounts have spiraled out of control. Ion is a corporate yes man

ooff and the only real issue is gonna be when asmongold/bellular/preach reach that response......they're not going to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Up until this point I was on board with you, but then you did something worse. Yes, what OP did, is not really nice, but tolerable. What OP did was using the employees work results (Ion, designing the game) and show it to his boss (brack) and complaining about it from his POV (customer). In the work world this is totally acceptable, if an employee is doing something wrong (or perceived as doing wrong) it's fine to speak to his/her manager. If the employee is doing nothing wrong then there won't be any repercussions anyway. If you do bad work, you should take the responsibility for it, plain and simple.

However, what you propose is using the employees actions in his FREE TIME (OP e-mailing some CEO) against himself to get him demoted, this is not okay. What OP does in his free time is none of his/her boss business. You should be held accountable for the things you do at work, not for the things you do outside of work, unless you break the law (complaining about a product isn't breaking the law). OP is currently not working when he is e-mailing some other company about their products. On top of that, OP is not complaining to this boss about Ion as a person, he is complaining about his work whereas your call to his/her boss would be about OP's person and NOT his work. I hope you see the difference and the wrong doing of your way of thinking. OP is a customer with harsh feedback and criticism, you would be a random stalker trying to get him demoted.

Take this however you want, this just had to be said that you are acting worse right now.
    thank you for the logical take. i agree that what i did isn't nice. but i don't exactly care since i feel ion doesn't respect me as a consumer. i also was polite about it and only sent the letter once a day. in the vast hundreds to thousands of emails these people will get in a day, one email isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Then why are you asking for proof, the irony in what you guys argue. So I'm not allowed to tell others I'm a dev myself so have a unique perspective and yes I do have the right to call out blatant bullshit like genius naby claiming games dont take years to produce, because I havent proved it, but then when I point out I wont give credentials to some forum people they say they dont want it or dont care and I have to earn the authority. It's such a wonderful circle designed so that you can never have any authority or experience, amazing!

Yeah I have no doubts a few of the people here would doxx or send threats etc, it's the internet. I'm not putting my personal and professional life in risk to prove to someone that im talking from a place of experience.

You dont have to respect my 'authority' actually all I did was say I'm a dev and agree with bellular, it was only when all the salty warriors came out with their anti authority sticks that I said I've got a background in entertainment and only once genius naby said I've never made any money that I said enough to make a studio so what is your point?

Yeah you're right, I dont get to be judge jury and executioner, but I'll still point out when people are just wrong or being unfair.

I mean look at yourself, saying I lick bellulars balls, ok dude, sorry for defending him and telling others that yes he is a dev, yes he does understand the industry and no you cant just undermine him like hes a nobody. Ok. I guess the masses with 0 entertainment experience get to be judge and jury right.
    Holy shit, I never once said I want your proof. I don't care. All I am saying is that you could've have discredited all the people who you find are against you easily. That's why they don't take you for real. I can bet you, if you had omitted the part about how you are some hollywood dev, and dropped the condescending tone, people would engage you more seriously. Your take on Bellular doesn't bother me. But you do have something in common with him - all talk and no show.
    Last edited by Cazze; 2021-05-10 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    not fired, demoted. i'm not unreasonable. ion was a wonderful encounter designer and i suggested he be put in charge of that again. please attack me with something i actually said. don't make things up.
    That you would go through this entire thread and still feel righteous is baffling to me. To repeatedly badger "Ion's manager" and ask for him to be demoted is the most Karen thing I've ever seen in WoW. You have no insight into their development. You have no authority over their management, their vision or execution. You are a customer, not a Blizzard developer. You are entitled to stop playing the game, to stop paying for a product you don't enjoy. But that you'd have the hubris to demand that employees livelihoods be predicated on your whims is, in my opinion, pathetic. Adding insult to injury, those whims are an incoherent compilation of platitudes, baseless assumptions and regurgitated talking points. Just unadulterated childish entitlement that did not deserve to be given a response. I can't know for sure, but I have a hunch even the youtubers and streamers you named as an appeal to authority would be embarrassed of these emails.

You're disregarding negative responses as "hate" so I can't expect much introspection. But I'd suggest you consider these demands in any other context, and if they still feel right to you. If an entitled Karen at a Wall Mart is pissed the store isn't catering to her own preferences or the preferences of her favorite "influencers", and demands that the employees careers be put in jeopardy (fired or demoted), instead of just leaving the store and shopping somewhere else, does that feel righteous and legitimate to you?

Don't harass managers or employees, you have no business dictating their decisions. Want to give feedback? Post in the respective, legitimate forums/customer service tools at everyone's disposal, in a constructive and substantiated manner. You're still dissatisfied? They haven't made the changes you suggested? Vote with your wallet and shop somewhere else. Other than that you have no authority or power. It's their intellectual property to do whatever they want with it.

first, i didn't try to cancel. i asked for a demotion to what he was good at. that isn't cancelling. second, we've tried talking systems and solutions with ion and he hasn't listened. that's why i started emailing these people.
    Dozen pages later, thanks for admitting I got the jist of your message down exactly right. Hilarious.
    ->
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I mean shit, it's more like "ME and my fav craptubers have concluded that your boi Ion isn't LISTENING TO WHAT WE TELL HIM, so you must DO SOMETHING!!1"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraps View Post
    Whilst you have valid points in my opinion, You know you should of redacted the personal information like the email of J.A.Brack before posting the screenshots. Its one thing sharing the conversation its another sharing information of that nature.
    this isn't the personal email of brack. if it was, i would've. this is the company email that is publicly available. if you look at the first screenshot, you might noticed that i censored out my own email to avoid getting harassed. as much as i despise ion and the rather bad reply by brack, i'd prefer they not get harassed either. but this is already public information so there is nothing wrong with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    While I respect your dissatisfaction with the game's course, I find this letter and apparently how it was spammed, to be an example of why player feedback should be considered very conservatively and how in some cases it should be disregarded. Like the rest of his responses, I fully agree with Brack's assessment of the three youtubers/streamers you give as an example. Not only do I dislike them, but they definitely do not speak for me and it's clear as they how they monetize hate, much like the regular trash medias.
    one email a day is not spamming. please consider that these are their work emails. they get hundreds to thousands of emails a day. i'm not flooding their inboxes so they have to notice mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Sorry what gives you a right to make personal claims about others on a forum when they defend others? I defended bellulars opinion as a professional in the industry as someone who is also in that industry and you start shitting on me as a dev and then somehow making it about how much money I've made! Good one genius!

I mean he is a dev though isnt he Naby, I can tell you arent and never will be but he is and anyone saying he isnt is just being stupid and jealous/salty that he had a dev pov.

Ok mate I guess you never went to school and learned how to do research and come up with intelligent conclusions, official blizz statements put multiple player metrics at an all time high but you need them to write it in black and white or else you cant figure it out can you.

I'm not embarrassing myself, I couldnt give 2 fucks what you thought, all you do is roll up on threads with some arrogant cocky personal statements, it's all I've ever seen you post.

Keep calling me a would be dev with a would be studio, again couldnt give af what you thought, I know I am and I dont need validation from you for it to be real, as much as I wish I could just prove it and rub it in your nose just to make you zip it.

I never praised bellular but ok lol, insignificant af interesting choice of words from someone who wont say what they do in response to attacking what other say they do. But okay, afaik you're just a basement dweller who talks the way they wish they had the guts to irl over a forum.
    You started calling people trash with "soul sucking jobs".
    Most soul sucking jobs hold more social value than what you do, mate. Especially more than what Bellular does.

You're not a dev until you proved it.
    What's that studio again?
    Btw, I am an astronaut. Not at NASA, but I won't tell where. You gotta believe me.

For someone who apparently worked in Hollywood you have very little understanding of corporate life.
    Every official statement is black-and-white.
    I hope I won't have to tell you why. If you have to "speculate" then it's not official. Simple as that.

You obviously give way too many fucks about a game you don't even play, question mark.
    Defending big daddy Bellular from a rando here.

I am also insignificant when it comes to WoW.
    But guess what, I am not the one here claiming how X and Y sucks and they should do Z and V.
    Maybe you should know your place too.

the other variant, probably his public one is readily available, this one however is not. Its basic respect to block personal information whether its publicly available or not if your posting it to a community say on forums very much like these. Now i dont disagree with his post at all I fall into the bracket where i think he's right in what he's saying, however the security of information is a problem.
    the one i found i got by googling his name. so if this is a personal email, then i'd be surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Do they not, they represent their community and audience who express opinions on their content. I wouldn't take what a content creator says as gospel anyway, they all do very different things in the game, Preach is more of a PVE raid/Dungeon guy, Asmongold is a casual TMog/Mounts/achievements master, Bellular is casual and lore content, all very different ways of projecting content to the community. With the audiences and FEEDBACK they get they do represent a lot of people who express their opinions to them as they know Blizzard will be watching. Now they may not represent you but you cant de-validate the people they do represent.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you think so mate, there is another version of his email which is public, the one posted here is not. If its even real of course.
    https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-87588 this is where i got his email from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i would love source on these numbers, bcs both of them are asspulled, we have no sub numbers since WOD...
    blizz put out a statement shortly after shadowlands launched but it didn't give numbers. it said something like "we haven't this much engagement in 10 years".

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    You don't need to be a master chef to know when your food tastes like shit.
    Being able to tell that you don't like the food doesn't mean that it's objectively bad or that you know exactly what went wrong or how to improve it. My point here is - we, as players, have the authority to speak about how the game feels to us, but having people who never even tried modding something, let alone developed a triple-A game, put forth bold statements about game design is just silly.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-05-10 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    My dude...don't go into journalism.
    don't plan on it. i'm quite happy with being a manager and holding myself to the standards i hold others to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think the biggest problem with OP is that they think their opinions are statements of fact.
    by no means is what i say 100% fact. it's all based on opinion with factual evidence to support it. just like your opinions, preachs opinions, bellulars opinions, and asmongolds opinions.

blizz put out a statement shortly after shadowlands launched but it didn't give numbers. it said something like "we haven't this much engagement in 10 years".
    peak in last decade (that we know of) is 10m, so if we take this information (which hasnt been confirmed officialy, so we dont even know if its actualy genuine) as a face value, we know SL around launch had roughly 10m

so where did he get they had 13m at start of SL and have 6m now? bcs that is what he claimed and i wanted source on...

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    OMG...aceperson...

Im sorry to tell but...i dont think you were the right person for this job to contact J Allen Brack
    I cringed so much about some things you said (T_T)

You put on a pedestal Bellullar...Asmongold...Preach...really?
    You even went as far as to compare Bellular to an actual game developer WITH EXPERIENCE?!?! Which he has NONE!

Omg aceperson...
    We (me and you and everyone including the youtubers) dont know anything.

We can only give our opinion and tell how one feels about it.
    well if you think you or someone else can do a better job, then by all means. there is nothing saying that i, and only i, may send an email to brack.

it's all based on opinion with factual evidence to support it.
    sorry, no, its based on personal feelings and "youtubers said", no factual evidence at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Technically speaking he’d be fired from his current job and demoted.
    if you're going to base on argument on a technicality, then your point isn't worth consideration. the general idea of being fired is losing all connection to the company. that is not what i asked for and that's that.

don't plan on it. i'm quite happy with being a manager and holding myself to the standards i hold others to.

- - - Updated - - -

by no means is what i say 100% fact. it's all based on opinion with factual evidence to support it. just like your opinions, preachs opinions, bellulars opinions, and asmongolds opinions.
    I mean, your feedback on your colleagues who you manage must be awful, based on your email. It was totally lacking any substance. You certainly don't include any of the "factual evidence" in your email. Hell, the only example you draw upon is based on a counter-factual statement about what Ion said.

Please do not speak for me in such an embarrassing manner. I don't know anything about these YouTube people or what their opinions are, and I certainly do not share them. Wholly and entirely embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    then at least learn how to write then because your email was just as bad as most of these hate threads on mmo-champion/WoW forums. im surpised you even got a response to it. you literally started it with the stereotypical "No offense but (insert insult)" that is not how you write an email to a President of a company
    i wrote it as neutral as i could. i put in the part about not wanting it to come across as mean spirited because context isn't always relayed properly when using a text-based message system.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    I mean, your feedback on your colleagues who you manage must be awful, based on your email.
    from the email i doubt he is in any management related position, be it simply team leader or higher