Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will Blizzard push back Outland Launch?

We all know the answer to the question "Should". But, I'm curious if anyone thinks that they'll actually push Outland back to sometime like the end of June so there's more time for Pre-Patch fun and time for people to level their Shaman and Paladins.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

No they should not.

They better not. I booked my vacation as soon as they confirmed the June 1st launch.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    We all know the answer to the question "Should". But, I'm curious if anyone thinks that they'll actually push Outland back to sometime like the end of June so there's more time for Pre-Patch fun and time for people to level their Shaman and Paladins.
    No they won't. 1 June isn't about "Is this time good for players?" it's about - how do we keep subscription numbers up for the end of Q2 due to the delays and massive issues with 9.1.

The cutting edge players will get to 60 on Shamans/Paladins with not much issue. We've been looking into how to help our guildies who make the transition. I expect play time of around 60 hours will get you there which is tough but do-able in 2 weeks.

People really will find anything to complain about. First world problems indeed.

We all know the answer to the question "Should".
    I agree with you, they shouldn't do that.

But, I'm curious if anyone thinks that they'll actually push Outland back to sometime like the end of June so there's more time for Pre-Patch fun and time for people to level their Shaman and Paladins.
    They won't. Do you think they forgot to consider leveling shamans and paladins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they? Because players on WoW Classic are complaining that 2 weeks pre-patch is not enough time to get ready?

I would be in the boat of why should they and my reason would be to build more hype/market launch more.

They shouldn't and won't IMO. Here's my take to those complaining about leveling time: If you really care about being "ahead" and in that top 1% playerbase, two weeks is enough time to level to 58+. If RL prevents you from dedicating that much time to WoW, you wouldn't want to suffer with the flooded Peninsula around launch.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'd be extremely shocked, and even if they did it wouldn't be more than a week. Can't imagine a company delaying a game because some insignificant percentage of players feels they need more time to "get ready". They have a pipeline of stuff that needs to come out.

I don’t see why they would. Given how close they announced to the actual date, it’d be super weird if there wasn’t an incredibly high level of confidence that they picked the right date.

I guess the question is, from BLIZZARDS pov, WHY would they?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Why would they? Because players on WoW Classic are complaining that 2 weeks pre-patch is not enough time to get ready?

I would be in the boat of why should they and my reason would be to build more hype/market launch more.
    Agree, as per above. Its not at all a question of should they or could they, the question to ask is WHY would they push it back? As a company, the negative PR would drastically outweigh letting some nerds level their toons.

Here is a great reason WHY they would not - the less time people have to level a toon (excluding Dren/Belf) the more likely they are to pay for it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

You are asking if within a week of announcing the date that is within a month of the announcement they are going to then change that date?
    Are you serious?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

They just set the date.

Why on hell 'would' they push it back?

The sooner it releases the better.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do because it would be very funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my doubts. Nor do I believe they should. It is a brand new server, not an upgrade. I would say yes if it was Classic that was upgraded to TBC Classic but it isn't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They should not. There's really no reason to.
    People that don't have time to level their elves and draenei to 60 in those 2 weeks, won't have time to super fast grind to 70 and start raiding right away either. So let's be honest here, there's no actual problem ... there will be an impressive number of people leveling along.

15+ Year Old Account
    We all know the answer to the question "Should".
    I'm obviously not part of we.
    I'm also affected by the new character issue (draenei ftw) but I still would not like to se anything postponed.

On a side note: who changes a release date few days after announcement unless they absolutely have to due to a mis maior? Right, noone.
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-05-11 at 07:53 AM.

They should NOT.

TBC is for the people that want to play TBC. Having a longer prepatch doesn't make sense if you want to play TBC, and two weeks is more than enough for anyone that is serious enough for it to matter if they finish leveling before it releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    No they won't. 1 June isn't about "Is this time good for players?" it's about - how do we keep subscription numbers up for the end of Q2 due to the delays and massive issues with 9.1.

The cutting edge players will get to 60 on Shamans/Paladins with not much issue. We've been looking into how to help our guildies who make the transition. I expect play time of around 60 hours will get you there which is tough but do-able in 2 weeks.
    If you're not cutting edge it literally doesn't matter if you're behind. Delaying a game millions could play to allow hundreds to catch up is not making a decision for the players.

They should not have placed such an early TBC start in the first place, but now that it's done they also should not change it.