Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Keep on defending a service that would be 2-3x less on any other game.
    Guess WoW is "any other game" on this one then.

Sadly, not on other "services". And that's because people keep paying for them.

it´s 15$ now
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

I might buy one of them for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Simple answer: We're talking about luxury pixels. Don't want to pay the price, don't pay it. Don't get the copy.

Very easy. No one's forcing anyone to do anything.

Luxury pixel items = price is whatever the market will bear. Just like in the AH, if it sells, it's not overpriced. If it's overpriced it won't sell.

This isn't gasoline or generators after a natural disaster. Government isn't going to step in and lower the price for you.

Not defending Blizzard at all, but, this is reality. Pay, or don't. Just don't expect it to change.
    Price went from 35 to 15 because of stuff similar to what went down here. I guess.. that means.. mission accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Not defending Blizzard at all, but, this is reality. Pay, or don't. Just don't expect it to change.
    Oops looks like it just changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Well this is awkward.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Should reduce character boost to 25 bucks then.

Nice, we can then continue with that topic!

Damn it, at 35$ i wasnt going to copy any character on Classic, but at 15$ i'm gonna copy my main who's already holding all my gold for sure.

Good change. $35 was disgusting and anyone defending that is a corporate shill.

not going to say this is good, just more of what i expected in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    They know there will be people who will be psychologically pressured to buy it and they just use these predatorial methods and prices to suck the $ out.
    It's not their job to do everyone's paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    It is just the death spiral of a game. Eventually every mmo turns to over monetizing their customers.
    WoW is the 6th(?) highest grossing PC game at Activision despite being nearly 20 years old at this point

it's not in a "death spiral"

lmfao

I always thought the name change/appearance change/realm change fees were a tad much considering it's all an automated script. Not sure why people all the sudden have a problem with paying for an automated clone copy.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    WoW is the 6th(?) highest grossing PC game at Activision despite being nearly 20 years old at this point

it's not in a "death spiral"

lmfao
    Investors don't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Isn't that what this post above qouted is as well. It's just a mirror is all you got is accusations. 35 is just to damn high and I won't be paying it.
    no, because i actually made a case for why it's not too high, in addition to defining what 'high' even is and what is or isn't 'too high' in this instance.
    you did none of those things, and then just repeated your claim - which is fine, if all you have is an appeal to emotion and you're incapable or unwilling of articulating a rational point you're allowed to do that, i was just establishing if we can't actually have a conversation because you're simply an animal grunting in a knee-jerk response to stimuli without cause or understanding.

not that it matters since they changed the price point anyways, which i figured they would do - since the service wasn't even live yet, "announce the price point high and judge the public reaction" is a bog standard tactic.

i'm glad that people who were upset about it, had a fit, and that they changed the price because of it.

Give players a problem so you can sell a solution. I am glad that our "crying and whining" actually reached them.
    Consumers acting against self interest because they don't care.. sad reality of today. People defending screen stand prices worth like a high end computer as reasonable. If you can loose 30% of your customers and still grow, why the fuck even deliver good product?
    While there are cases where you actually can do that for a good reason - exceptional quality of service and I would have no problem paying for as a tip, this certainly was stupid price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I would feel more comfortable with it if they at least gave you one freebie, or it copied a servers full stable of characters, but the truth is the reason it is this high is because they spent a lot of time and money on figuring out if people would do it. So odds are a ton will and at this price point. As shitty as that sounds. To them we are just wallets and transferring max dollars from us to them is all that matters and it really isn't Blizzards or major corporations fault either. We as a consumer base didn't value customer support very high because companies poop on us and we might yell and carry on but then the wallet opens and money transfers. So that means they won. It's over.

So you just do you and accept it for what it is. If you hate it then don't buy. You can choose what direction the character goes and can still play the other fresh if you want. Or if you want both buy and realize that you may not like paying that much but in the end you do think it was worth paying that much.
    And they call you the walking indoctrination?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and everything else in capitalism. But you can all chill the fuck out..due to feedback, they lowered it to 15 dollars.

Though I am sure that doesn't change a thing for some.

God I love it, how ever the most obvious things piss people off. Never thought "if you disagree with a company policy, just don't buy from that company" could annoy people. But these are the times and addiction to a game is apparently strong. As strong as to smoking and alcohol etc.

"It should be free". When something is free I am sure we will see threads like: "Now they let the riff-raff in"
    When you are invested into something you don't just abandon that. You try to get it fixed. It's a very simple concept.

15$ is actually pretty reasonable price now.
    I am happy that they changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Not saying this feature should be free but $35 is outragous.
    Why shouldn't it be free? You people do realize that something like this is a script that runs instantly? The word copy suggests it's a file being copied which last I remember costs nothing on my computer. I copy files all the time and you don't see Microsoft charging me a fee.
    I feel sorry for people who still white knight for this company, its sad.
    You suggesting that character copy should have a fee isn't too far off from white knighting.