Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hardest thing was adjusting to the META of world buffs bonanza, it s was counter productive having to raidlog to compete. Just goes to show what 15 years did to Vanilla, we used head buffs back in the day on raidnights that was it for most of the time, today the heads pops several times a day and are reset at leisure, a very different experience.

The most difficult parts for me would be the new stuff. Like managing the exciting megapulls in zg and mara. (im a mage)
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Retail is completely shit in all aspects. I love how this forum can't react to anything without insults and hyperboles.

- - - Updated - - -

Grats on being a mage, thank you for very useful comment.
    Retail is completely shit in all aspects.
    I love how this forum can't react to anything without insults and hyperboles.
    That might be the funniest comment i've seen all week ^^

Wouldn't say it was difficult, but i enjoyed learning DM:T Solo on my Hunter, especially early on when you actually still needed loot from the boss / Tribute for yourself, pretty unique experience to farm items from a [Current level] Dungeon all by yourself.

It's also a very unique solo challenge and the last boss was almost designed around to be soloable for a Hunter, having to make use of LoS mechanics, Viper Sting & Feign death was pretty cool.

To be honest, the most difficult part for me was dealing with all those players importing the modern wow mentality of metas, efficiency, minmaxing and stuff that wasn't that prominent back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    To be honest, the most difficult part for me was dealing with all those players importing the modern wow mentality of metas, efficiency, minmaxing and stuff that wasn't that prominent back then.
    That pretty much ruined classic for me tbh
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Wasn't prominent for you******

I knew world buffs were good and rets were shit.

1. Complete lack of gold to even pay for skills or flight points.
    2. Quests that took hours to complete.

Basically - spending 80% of the time levelling doing nothing but walking or waiting for a spawn.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Retail is completely shit in all aspects. I love how this forum can't react to anything without insults and hyperboles.

- - - Updated - - -

Grats on being a mage, thank you for very useful comment.
    Even if i was not a mage, Horde is pretty convenient

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Hunter level 1- 10 before you get your pet.

Rough :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Hunter level 1- 10 before you get your pet.

Rough :S
    Hunter level 1-9 is like how the warrior feels to level all the way from like 25-60

Just running around trying to kite shit. Feeling like same level mobs have more health and do more damage then you

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Hunter level 1-9 is like how the warrior feels to level all the way from like 25-60

Just running around trying to kite shit. Feeling like same level mobs have more health and do more damage then you
    This consensus that warriors are hard to level flies entirely in the face of my own experiences; but then I levelled all 3 of mine as prot and as enchanters, so they were usually pimped out in the best dungeon gear for my level, and I'm not convinced I was killing things much slower in the open world than the others as a result.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This consensus that warriors are hard to level flies entirely in the face of my own experiences; but then I levelled all 3 of mine as prot and as enchanters, so they were usually pimped out in the best dungeon gear for my level, and I'm not convinced I was killing things much slower in the open world than the others as a result.
    As far as i am aware prot warrior has one of the lowest dps outputs of any class in classic wow. That being said i leveled my warrior in vanilla along with a friend who played holy priest. be basicly did nothing but dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    As far as i am aware prot warrior has one of the lowest dps outputs of any class in classic wow. That being said i leveled my warrior in vanilla along with a friend who played holy priest. be basicly did nothing but dungeons
    Yeah, maybe the experience dulled me to how slow I was killing mobs but with a weapon swap macro, and being nigh invincible compared to the mobs, I didn't feel I was levelling any slower. And yeah you go collect all the dungeon quests from the open world and spam the dungeons until you've got every drop you could use, so it isn't "solo" levelling in that regard. I levelled at a comparable rate to others on the server, and it didn't feel slow.

But I accept that it's widely regarded as the most awkward class to level for the reasons you described, just saying I found it fine myself. Certainly better than priest, and druid, for example.

But genuinely at like, lvl 6 or so for hunter, found myself losing 1v1s vs mobs my level and basically nothing to be done about it as you had no abilities to use Had to hope for a lucky crit or go grind level 4 mobs, while all around you mages n locks are blowing stuff up with ease :*(
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2021-05-19 at 10:21 AM.

Keeping up my interest to Raid. I quit after AQ40, but took a break before it and rerolled roles/class to make it more intetesting.

I did some of naxx in original vanilla, so i actually did less this time.

In TBC i Will just have fun. No goals No nothing.

To wait it out for BC. Always wanted BC instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finding a guild that won't crash and burn over some silly loot drama.

same thing. so difficult that I stopped playing after a few MC resets, when people started to watch logs to "improve" in a raid we cleared first try in greens and blues. I told them: watching logs in classic is like watching logs for lfr in retail. also those stupid arguments on who triggered the world buff 10min too early and BS like that... ruined it for me and I'm not going to try TBC classic because I noticed it's already the same meta/minmaxing shit even before the game re-release.....
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2021-05-19 at 11:37 AM.

The most annoying part for me has been when there isn't enough quest mobs for everyone >.<

Everything else I have been able to tolerate, including auto-attacking as a prot paladin from 1 to 58

Too harsh min-maxing meta and world buffs. Only few players seems to play game for fun ... rest is just complaining about everything all the time for sake of complaining.