Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How many WoW versions beside SL do you play?

At the moment I’m wondering if I can play more than one toon per game version. Probably gonna have to be done in some sort of a rotation too. Monday one hour SL, Tuesday one hour on classic era...etc and stick to a single toon per version, the one I enjoy the most.

Either that or stick to one version and play different other games. What’s everyone doing to make sure SL/classic era don’t become a ghost town?

Would be nice to see morning classic era raids since they are the easiest especially if already geared, TBC afternoon raids and shadowlands evening raids?

Stop buying/playing other games and just play WoW for the rest of our lives? Considering we will have even more WoW versions releasing...

That's a little bit of a structured idea. I tend to just play what I feel like playing - I don't think you really need to spend one day playing one, one playing another.

None. I already played them.

Just playing TBC right now, got bored of SL in less than two months.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stopped playing SL because I want to play World of Warcraft, so TBC classic is as close as it gets to WoW atm. Well, I wouldn´t call it a "version", what I don´t understand is why isn´t everyone playing it.. guess they dont like wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    None. I already played them.
    Same. I'm too scared to play TBC as it's my all-time favourite expansion (with MoP/Legion following closely behind), and I really don't want to ruin the memories I have of it. Plus I was in college & playing all the hours possible at the time, so it's not like I left much on the table, either.

I'd rather play other games than play the same old MMO again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a break with SL but will be back for 9.1

As for classic, the past is the past and I cba going back there to try and relive it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

None, no reason to do things again. Only a few games that are worth "replaying" as it is and don't think WoW is one of those.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

So many other games to play, and i am gonna play the game i played in 2005-2008 ..Yeah no.

I only know of one person thats really excited for TBC and was really excited for Classic (many others i know played it, but non-seriously and they abandoned it quickly en masse), the guy that loves games where Time spent online/grinding > Skill because he cant accept how average he is and not good at all.

He is the type that thinks someone getting Rank 14 is a PvPer with more skill that arena players in retail, that type.

So yes, laughing stock basically, its why i cant take people that play any sort of Classic WoW version seriously, game is so irrelevantly terrible for 2021 that i simply dont understand how someone can waste their time on it, yes maybe a few hours when it was/is (for TBC) fresh with a group of friends for some HC dungeons and shizzle, but actually bothering further than that..you really have to be a mental case like my familiar/"friend".

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly play on a progession server.

Though I am at times asked to join people on one of the Classic-type servers, I call it being a 'Curator' in the museum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Sticking to SL. Just leveled up my 4th character (ele shaman) to 60 yesterday. And aside from my main (which is 225) all my other alts are at roughly ~200 ilvl right now, I think however I will be gearing up the shaman some more and try to keep it at roughly heroic geared ilvls in the future as it's a Hella lot of fun to play and it's super easy to aoe with compared to my main.

Not the slightest slice of interest in 15+ year old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to TBC:Classic. SL is kinda boring, Classic Era is going to be dead pretty much.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am playing BC Classic; got a bit bored of retail. Log in maybe 2-3 times a week to do mount farm and finish missions, maybe do callings. When 9.1 drops I will probably play a bit more but only because by then I’ll be max level in BC and will only log in to do dailies or heroics or raiding

/10chars
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only playing WotLK right now. SL still has a long way to go before it's worth playing. Maybe I'll hop back in in 9.2 or 9.3, when the timegating and systems aren't so egregious.

While TBC is MUCH better than Vanilla on the Classic front, it's still not really my cup of tea. It still has many mechanics that are poor QoL or intentionally waste your time. Still, if I had a large group of friends for TBC I'd probably play that. It is a pretty decent game.

I also have significant concerns over the Classic/TBC economy, given the severity of the bot problem and how insanely hardcore players have gone in Classic. Joining in as a fresh player would put you *literally* 100k gold behind... and that is a dealbreaker for me. Too bad they aren't offering fresh start TBC servers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    <snip>
    On one hand, I think I'm done for good with SL, at least until 9.3 - assuming there will actually be a 9.3, that is. Not even WoD convinced me to quit as fast as I did with SL.

On the other hand, I loved Vanilla back in the day, so I greatly enjoyed Classic. But BC has always been my favourite expansion by far, so I'm really busy levelling my belf there
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

None, don't have the time - and honestly, been there, done that. Today, these old versions don't hold any appeal to me.

I also have plenty to do in SL. Still have 2 covenants to finish for the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been there, done that. Fuck nostalgia bullshit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For now, Hearthstone is the only Warcraft related media i'm consuming