Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    how on earth do you find this even close to your #1, CN is a lackluster raid with at best, 2 good fights (mythic only, artificer and sire imo), said first tier raid already lasting like 6 months with no 9.1 date yet, terrible covenant balance, the maw is a joke.

SL isnt *bad*, but it definitely isnt the best. WoTLK, MoP and Legion are definitely better xpacs, with some grey area for others like TBC/Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Legion kept up it's worst part the entire expansion. Mandatory AP grinding, it was a serious cancer to that expansion and I detested it. I didn't think Cata took a nosedive. The raid content was fine up until the end. It's not going to win any stars for difficulty but Heroic 25 content was still fun until the end. Buffered by the fact there was still 10 man heroic content then too. I could raid on my main during the week and at weekends I raided with some old friends and did 10 man heroic content. 2 sets of progression with 2 fun groups. I had a blast.

I appreciate this expansion's tier is going to upset raiders as it's dragging on and if you've finished, that's boring, but it also gives raid guilds who are behind a chance to finish the tier.
    Yeah, nosedive would be unfair for mop and cata, losing quite the amount of sub would be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Nah, I don't imagine anything. I do think that they could do some more cool stuff in the open world. The instanced content though?

Still awesome. No change needed.

And yes, I 100% agree on the last point. And that's part of my point. It's the same for a long time. I am not tired of Shadowlands, I am tired of WoW as a whole. Why? Because I have played it too long and too much But I think some changes in the open world would do good. Maybe even remove factions limitations. That would make some buzz.
    That would make some buzz for a week... playing with alliance or horde when you previously only played with the other doesn't change the content and gameplay loop. Instead of playing with only horde races, I would play with alliance and horde races.

It could solve some grouping issues and server imbalances, but if people complained about content this wouldn't do anything about it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If you don't Raid or do M+. Are you still playing Shittylands?

Serious question, jokes aside, if you don't do the above content what are people doing in this expansion that still play it regularly?

I used to Raid years ago, but just don't have the time now adays. And M+ is fun but gets repetitive. So just curious how people are still playing SL actively that don't do either.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-05-24 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That would make some buzz for a week... playing with alliance or horde when you previously only played with the other doesn't change the content and gameplay loop. Instead of playing with only horde races, I would play with alliance and horde races.

It could solve some grouping issues and server imbalances, but if people complained about content this wouldn't do anything about it.
    Maybe, and maybe not related to the outdoor content, but it would be fun.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, let's revive thread made 6 months ago and tell OP he's wrong cause WoW patch is not so popular during content drought. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

Serious question, jokes aside, if you don't do the above content what are people doing in this expansion that still play it regularly?
    Maybe they are working on their Garrison?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

I used to Raid years ago, but just don't have the time now adays. And M+ is fun but gets repetitive. So just curious how people are still playing SL actively that don't do either.
    Why would you play wow for any non-raid and dungeon content to begin with? There are vastly better games for all of those things and have been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Why would you play wow for any non-raid and dungeon content to begin with? There are vastly better games for all of those things and have been for a long time.
    I guess that explains why my playing time has dropped to almost zero.

I log on, think of nothing to do, except maybe run a M+ and then log off. If I'm not gonna run a dungeon, I literally walk around thinking of something to do, go kill the weekly world boss, and after that log off.

Will probably unsub now until 9.1 is released.

Cause i like doing so. For example, since i started playing so casually i have lots of achievements left behind i want to get. I know it's optional and not everyone likes that but it's a reason form me to play.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Shadowlands started strong, sure. I do like the zones, new raids and dungeons.

I heavily despise the new grinder content they want to force my characters through just so I can be on par for the content I actually enjoy. My guild mates also hate it. They don't do alts anymore. Which means they quit playing real fast. Which makes my raid and dungeons less fun when my guild is half sized and many friends no longer play. Now I've joined them.

In Blizzard's quest for player retention they have driven the players away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you understand that this is actually kinda terrible? do you understand that if enough people go find "vastly better games" that eventually dungeon and raid content may suffer as well?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

i did the above regularly and still quit. i had two guilds i split my time between to raid three days a week and did at least 1 m+ a week. the game just sucks. blizz is so fixated on systems that they have let class design and world content suffer horribly. wod was a bad expansion, but that was because it had no content. systemlands sucks because it has little content and the classes suck to play. at least with wod, i still loved playing my hunter even when i had nothing meaningful to do. i would log in just to play my hunter. can't even do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    So far, this expansion is on par to be my new favorite. It has already knocked TBC out of 2nd place and is heavily breathing down the neck of WotLK for first. I came into this game Jan 19, 2006, and after Cataclysm, have just not been impressed with the expansions that followed. Granted, that is just my personal, subjective opinion. I am speaking for no one but myself, nor am I claiming my opinion to be imperical data on the state of the other expacs.

Is anyone else either seeing Shadowlands move into their number one spot, or at least rapidly climbing the ranks? I know we still have a ways to go in this expac, but if 9.1 and 9.2 are anything like the launch, I have no doubt this expac will apologize for the last 4 in my book and become the new number one on my list.
    Well this didn't age well did it bwahahaha :"D

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Do you understand that this is actually kinda terrible? do you understand that if enough people go find "vastly better games" that eventually dungeon and raid content may suffer as well?
    ...yes? what does that have to do with whether it is true or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    That largely depends on how many people are here specifically for raids and dungeons. My entire guild is here for that as an example, because where we came from (SWTOR) decided that the raiding community wasn't worth making content for anymore.

Since it is widely known that WoW is THE game for group content, I think a big part of the playerbase is coming specifically for that. Solo Content is just a small addendum mainly used to tell the story and do the grind needed to become raid-ready. It's not something that keeps people around and it isn't meant to.

I am pretty sure most players understand and enjoy this focus on group content, with just a vocal minority demanding the game be designed for them and only them, so I am really not that worried that people leave because of solo content.

The only worrying factor at the moment is the long delay on 9.1. and what implications that will have. Personally I assume the expansion will end after 9.2. with maybe a halve patch to cross over to 10.0. Or the next expansion will be much later then usual.

I am not sure which is worse and I am not really blaming Blizzard. The world has been crazy this last year, but these are the things that can break a game.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2021-05-25 at 06:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, nosedive would be unfair for mop and cata, losing quite the amount of sub would be more accurate.
    And yet MoP is considered one of the best expansions. (Not by me, I found all the raids boring until SoO). Cata's problems were linked to it following on from WotLK and the difficulty scaling between the 2. People who started in Wrath were simply unprepared for the difficulty of Cata at launch and it's return to TBC difficulty dungeons etc. It caused it to bleed subs because people were used to sprinting (as they do now) through without needing to stop for mana or CC anything and they couldn't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    And yet MoP is considered one of the best expansions. (Not by me, I found all the raids boring until SoO). Cata's problems were linked to it following on from WotLK and the difficulty scaling between the 2. People who started in Wrath were simply unprepared for the difficulty of Cata at launch and it's return to TBC difficulty dungeons etc. It caused it to bleed subs because people were used to sprinting (as they do now) through without needing to stop for mana or CC anything and they couldn't handle it.
    The 14 months content draught broke MoPs neck and that 5.3 was one of the worst content patches they've ever released at this time. (until the SELFIE-Patch). So for the blast that WoD was we actually had 2 content draughts in one expansion; only because the content in MoP was so good is that people are still fond of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The 14 months content draught broke MoPs neck and that 5.3 was one of the worst content patches they've ever released at this time. (until the SELFIE-Patch). So for the blast that WoD was we actually had 2 content draughts in one expansion; only because the content in MoP was so good is that people are still fond of it.
    I honestly can't remember much of MoP. Just the raids.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    So far, this expansion is on par to be my new favorite. It has already knocked TBC out of 2nd place and is heavily breathing down the neck of WotLK for first. I came into this game Jan 19, 2006, and after Cataclysm, have just not been impressed with the expansions that followed. Granted, that is just my personal, subjective opinion. I am speaking for no one but myself, nor am I claiming my opinion to be imperical data on the state of the other expacs.

Is anyone else either seeing Shadowlands move into their number one spot, or at least rapidly climbing the ranks? I know we still have a ways to go in this expac, but if 9.1 and 9.2 are anything like the launch, I have no doubt this expac will apologize for the last 4 in my book and become the new number one on my list.
    So this aged like milk