Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Always felt like nothin can even remotely compete with the first german intro of one piece.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Swedish sailor moon intro

Japanease one was 100x better but...you know fixing the shitty first season with a guitar rift does make a noticeable difference

but then they decided "Hey lets write a good song" next season

Clearly the most superior theme, the Mighty Orbots.

5+ Year Old Account

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-05-24 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

My favourite cartoon as kid.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I remember when this first came to the US, and I wondered why it felt like three different shows... turns out it was. Had to do a 'sail the high seas' back in the day (since you couldn't easily find the Japanese original version in the US), which consisted of BBS discussions and some pricey mailing, but eventually got the original SDF Macross. I like both intros, although I am kind of partial to the original:

Been a fan of the franchise ever since, still love rewatching the original Macross, the movie Do You Remember Love?, Macross Plus, Macross 7, and Macross Frontier. Never did watch Delta, didn't get around to watching Macross 0, and I don't think Macross II is canon but I wasn't too fond of it. Regardless, love the music across the board, and the ahead-of-its-time concept of AI idols. Eventually legit bought the media as I felt it was definitely worth it.

Overall, I think the 80's and 90's were a great time for animation in general, as we can see in the thread a lot of interesting intros (even if I wasn't a kid for most of it ).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Inspecter Gadget and Spiderman.

Also shout out to Knight Rider, MacGyver and especially Airwolf. Sry, couldnt stop myself. They arent animated or drawn but damn the memories.

MacGyver:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOEe...ehd2roxettehd2

Knight Rider:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNyX...erJanSchmelter

Airwolf:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULfm...ehd2roxettehd2

15+ Year Old Account
    By far X-Men and Transformers

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    fun fact the people who made He-Man made Bravestarr hoping to cash in the way they did with He-Man. Unfortunately it was considered a flop because it didn't sell enough toys.. Which was typical 80's way of telling if the show is a sucess back then lol.
    It is sad that is still more of a measure of a successful children's franchise even to today as many shows have or get backing from toy manufacturers. Looking back at shows I watched growing up, I don't even know why they bothered with advertisements because the show themselves were advertisements for toys.

Young Justice was "cancelled" because it didn't sell toys. I think that also impacted the Thundercats reboot (not the recent one, the one with Will Friedle as Lion-o).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Ok lets see :P as you can guess from my avatar !

and ofc (i dont care if its on my language :P thats how i saw it first :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the art in most of these and then art in modern ones, one has to wonder what the fuck went wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Looking at the art in most of these and then art in modern ones, one has to wonder what the fuck went wrong...
    In my opinion (which might be wrong) what happened was quantity over quality, today we have a lot of cartoons being mass produced for the consumers meanwhile in the "old days" there were a small batch of cartoons (Excuse any grammatical error :P english isnt my native languange)

So much nostalgia...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Animation got better over the years but the art style got worse lol. although I do think that's more a personal taste thing, I know there's are cartoons now that people do enjoy the art style for. :P

Look at Thundercats. One of the greatest intros of all time with great animation that holds up today, but once the show starts the animation is awkward and clunky and really shows it's age. The art stylke within the show is fine, but the movements are terrible.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-24 at 07:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Animation got better over the years but the art style got worse lol. although I do think that's more a personal taste thing, I know there's are cartoons now that people do enjoy the art style for. :P

Look at Thundercats. One of the greatest intros of all time with great animation that holds up today, but once the show starts the animation is awkward and clunky and really shows it's age. The art stylke within the show is fine, but the movements are terrible.
    Exactly. I went back and watched the original TMNT cartoon a few years back and realised how extremely shitty the animation was in that show. The quality was actually really bad and there was so many animation errors and continuity errors between scenes. Animation has definitely improved over the years and as you say style is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    In my opinion (which might be wrong) what happened was quantity over quality, today we have a lot of cartoons being mass produced for the consumers meanwhile in the "old days" there were a small batch of cartoons (Excuse any grammatical error :P english isnt my native languange)
    Actually, there was much more quantity over quality back then than it's now. Everyone wanted a piece of the merch selling cartoons so hundreds of different cartoon shows were made, most with very shitty styles and animation, just to sell toys, and most didn't last past the first season, and were easily forgotten by the audience. Not to mention large studios like Hanna-Barbera mass producing copies of their own shows which reused animations en masse. Scooby Doo had maybe more than 20 clones made. Saberspark has some interesting videos about it: