Let's talk about Visage Day.

No, not that Chromie is a trans. Let's talk about something else.
    Let's highlight just 3 stupid points (these are the ones that I paid attention to, you can write others).
    1. The very basis of the plot, the Visage Day. It's obvious why this was done, but it really had to be done like this? Do dragons have a special day to choose their skin? Seriously? Wrathion could turn into anyone even when he was 1 year old, the red dragon in the War of the Ancients turned into a tree to keep an eye on Cenarius, Malygos could turn into a small beetle, but does it have a special Visage Day? I'll get banned for this, but I'll tell you anyway. Steve Danuser is just a clinical idiot and he doesn't give a damn about everything that came before him, he rebuilds Warcraft the way he and only he wants to see it (well, of course, many trans people praised him on Twitter for this story, but apparently they only see they like to see and they don't care about the rest). He doesn't care how Metzen built Warcraft, he doesn't care what fans are used to seeing him. Can he just create his own universe, and not shit in an existing one?

2. Chromie asks ONYXIA for advice. Seriously? Onyxia? A fucking black dragon? And Onyxia is even present on this Visage Day, although other dragons are unhappy with her presence. As I understand it, Steve just did a couple of quests in Wotlk, saw a black dragon in Wyrmrest Temple and thought it wasn't all that bad? Does he really not realize how much black and other dragons hate each other? There was an exceptional situation in Wotlk and there were random black dragons, not Deathwing's daughter.

3. Obviously, the Visage Day is so important that ALEXSTRASZA personally (not even Nozdormu) spent it. Seriously? Does Alexstrasza have absolutely no other business? Is everything so good on Azeroth that she has free time for such things?

Does Steve Danuser know ANYTHING about Warcraft's lore besides how cool and smart Sylvanas is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Does Steve Danuser know ANYTHING about Warcraft's lore besides how cool and smart Sylvanas is?

I think Danuser doesn't intend for people to go ape shit over a work of fiction, who treat the lore of the game as some real-life Holy Bible to eat, breathe, sleep, and shit over. It's a game. It's not real.

Why react this way
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-05-26 at 10:57 PM.

Wait, does this mean I'm kidnapping all those dragon whelps to use in pet battles before they can live long enough for Visage Day? God, I am such a monster.

You could take it another way: dragons live for a LONG time. And for something like this, is a one-time event. It's probably one of the few 'special' events dragons get to experience among their own kind. Sharing it would and should be kind of important considering their long lives, where relations with dragons who can live as long as each other and outlive many mortals would be some of the deepest relationships they can establish and hold over their lifespans.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's highlight just 3 stupid points (these are the ones that I paid attention to, you can write others).
    1. The very basis of the plot, the Visage Day. It's obvious why this was done, but it really had to beu78 done like this? Do dragons have a special day to choose their skin? Seriously? Wrathion could turn into anyone even when he was 1 year old, the red dragon in the War of the Ancients turned into a tree to keep an eye on Cenarius, Malygos could turn into a small beetle, but does it have a special Visage Day? I'll get banned for this, but I'll tell you anyway. Steve Danuser is just a clinical idiot and he doesn't give a damn about everything that came before him, he rebuilds Warcraft the way he and only he wants to see it (well, of course, many trans people praised him on Twitter for this story, but apparently they only see they like to see and they don't care about the rest). He doesn't care how Metzen built Warcraft, he doesn't care what fans are used to seeing him. Can he just create his own universe, and not shit in an existing one?

2. Chromie asks ONYXIA for advice. Seriously? Onyxia? A fucking black dragon? And Onyxia is even present on this Visage Day, although other dragons are unhappy with her presence. As I understand it, Steve just did a couple of quests in Wotlk, saw a black dragon in Wyrmrest Temple and thought it wasn't all that bad? Does he really not realize how much black and other dragons hate each other? There was an exceptional situation in Wotlk and there were random black dragons, not Deathwing's daughter.

3. Obviously, the Visage Day is so important that ALEXSTRASZA personally (not even Nozdormu) spent it. Seriously? Does Alexstrasza have absolutely no other business? Is everything so good on Azeroth that she has free time for such things?

No, he doesnt. He only cares Sylvanas.

The entire book is of deliberately dubious canonicity. Perhaps learn to separate vidya from reality and get a grip on what deserves this much emotional overinvolvement?

1. The very basis of the plot, the Visage Day. It's obvious why this was done, but it really had to be done like this? Do dragons have a special day to choose their skin? Seriously? Wrathion could turn into anyone even when he was 1 year old, the red dragon in the War of the Ancients turned into a tree to keep an eye on Cenarius, Malygos could turn into a small beetle, but does it have a special Visage Day? I'll get banned for this, but I'll tell you anyway. Steve Danuser is just a clinical idiot and he doesn't give a damn about everything that came before him, he rebuilds Warcraft the way he and only he wants to see it (well, of course, many trans people praised him on Twitter for this story, but apparently they only see they like to see and they don't care about the rest). He doesn't care how Metzen built Warcraft, he doesn't care what fans are used to seeing him. Can he just create his own universe, and not shit in an existing one?
    Agreed, I remember reading some Dragons (Ysera? Not sure tbh) take on the form of the race they're interacting with, which makes way more sense than this whole 'visage day'.

The what now day?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    The what now day?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vis..._(short_story)

A story about a day where dragons take on their mortal forms for the first time. Apperantly it's a thing in the dragon community and there's a whole ceremony connected to it.

I think it makes complete sense.

Each Dragon chooses to emulate the appearance of a certain race. It's a statement in itself. Ysera took the shape of a Nightelf because of her bond to them, Kairozdormu chose the form of an Orc because he felt drawn to them, Chromie picks a Gnome form because she is a troll (as all gnome players are), Ebonhorn picked a Tauren because that were the people he was surrounded by when he grew up.

Their form is an expression of their character and history, chosen by what they feel right for themselves. That does feel like quite the turning point in a life and well worth celebrating with a special day.

For anyone who has read it, could you clarify if Visage Day makes it seem as if dragons only get one mortal form, or if this is about picking one form that's special to you? Because we've definitely seen examples of dragons shapeshifting between mortal forms before. Vaelastrasz disguised himself as both an orc and a human when hunting down Nefarian.

the whole story is a stupid idea honestly and just proves these people should not be lead writers for this game
    As stated we have had dragons able to change into multiple forms did they have a Visage day for them all? And we are told alot of dragons usually pick elves for either there strong connection to magic or they view them as the version of beauty, human form generally picked so they can interact with mortal affairs

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vis..._(short_story)

A story about a day where dragons take on their mortal forms for the first time. Apperantly it's a thing in the dragon community and there's a whole ceremony connected to it.
    Thanks for the explanation. I thought maybe this was another micro holiday I ignored