Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Good I want people to be afraid of "Beefcogs" when I roll a tauren tinker.
    Yeah, I don't think the class is going to be called Tinker. We'll get some abilities from the Tinker heroes, but I really think Blizzard is going to go with something like Mechanic, Technician, Gadgeteer, Machinist, Steamwarrior, or Mekgineer for the class name.

Tinkerer might be a spec name.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-09 at 06:13 PM.

I can see tinkers being the next covenant system
    I mean they were for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I can see tinkers being the next covenant system
    I mean they were for a while
    I can't, since WoW is pretty much the only MMO on the market with large steampunk/technology themes in its world, yet no technology class.

It's a pretty glaring omission.

It won't matter, there will be too many systems getting in the way of your enjoyment of the dragon isles

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I can't, since WoW is pretty much the only MMO on the market with large steampunk/technology themes in its world, yet no technology class.

This really bothers me.

Also, I hope that having mech mounts unlock additional skins for your combat mech. Like having GMOD lets you fight in GMOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't make any sense for tinkers to be in 10.1 nor Dark Rangers.

When will these useless tinker posts finally die down, I wonder.
    Hi

I think Tinker or whatever its called will come to WoW. But i also think dark ranger or necromancer will come too. Cant we all just agree that, they are all possibilities? It really is up to blizzard to make it happen, in whatever form they want.

Quote Originally Posted by THC BANDIT View Post
    I think Tinker or whatever its called will come to WoW. But i also think dark ranger or necromancer will come too. Cant we all just agree that, they are all possibilities? It really is up to blizzard to make it happen, in whatever form they want.
    Sure, they are, but you can't deny there's a probability for each one. Not being included in SL killed all chances for a necro or DR class any time soon. That just leaves Tinker, Bard, and Dragonsworn.

Dragonsworn will most likely be covenants 2.0 and bard fantasy is extremely lacking in warcraft compared to tinkers and steampunk being thrown in your face constantly.

So, that gives Tinker's the highest chance of actually becoming a class.

Also, almost all Jobs in FFIVX are covered by wow's classes, except the mechanist and the bard. If blizz wants to keep Ff from taking all their players they need to do something about it, wink wink.

Wink

Sure, they are, but you can't deny there's a probability for each one. Not being included in SL killed all chances for a necro or DR class any time soon. That just leaves Tinker, Bard, and Dragonsworn.

Dragonsworn will most likely be covenants 2.0 and bard fantasy is extremely lacking in warcraft compared to tinkers and steampunk being thrown in your face constantly.

Also, almost all Jobs in FFIVX are covered by wow's classes, except the mechanist and the bard. If blizz wants to keep Ff from taking all their players they need to do something about it, wink wink.
    You got me there son.

The theme music will be Tinker, tinker, lil star.

What about Gunbreaker, Dancer, Dragoon, Astrologian and Blue Mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    There’s no equivalent or basis for those classes in WoW.

There is an equivalent and a basis for the FFXIV Machinist in WoW.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-09 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Dont, do that. Cant you see when someone is talking out of their ass?

But, um. Gunbreaker = warrior with gunsword, Dancer = monk kinda maybe?, Dragoon = also warrior but with liek spears I guess, Astrologian = ummmmm arcane mage LOL, Blue mage = Mage in blue xmog.

Look man IDK.

All I know is that FFXIV is killing wow slowly and they have their own form of a tinker. Warcraft has a huge tech presence and yet no real form of combat that embraces this.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Wouldn't make any sense for tinkers to be in 10.1 nor Dark Rangers.

When will these useless tinker posts finally die down, I wonder.
    When blizzard stops parading tinkers and tech-based/magitek-based races around. Are latest encounter with a tech race is the brokers who are basically shadowlands ethereals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THC BANDIT View Post
    Sure, they’re definitely possible classes.

I mean it had two different types of engineering until MoP right??

Every time we see tinkers it seems to be gnome vs goblin so I can see pushing that further to a covenant system and you get different themed abilities depending on what you choose

- - - Updated - - -

Not including tinker in a tech war expansion kinda killed it

It can also be a covenant system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It won't matter, there will be too many systems getting in the way of your enjoyment of the dragon isles
    They can never kill my dragon boner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean it had two different types of engineering until MoP right??

Every time we see tinkers it seems to be gnome vs goblin so I can see pushing that further to a covenant system and you get different themed abilities depending on what you choose
    It’s a bit more complicated than that.

There are playable races in WoW who make zero sense without a playable technology class. Mechagnomes are a huge example of this, because the race is intertwined with technology. Gnomes and Goblins aren’t quite as bad as Mechagnomes, but they’re in a similar spot because their prominent characters all utilize advanced technology.

Lightforged Draenei are another example. What makes them unique is their ties to the advanced naaru technology from their war on Argus. This is shown via their use of Warframes. However since you can’t use Warframes for combat, what’s the point of rolling a LF Draenei over a standard Draenei?

To put this in perspective, imagine we were playing a MMO that takes place in the real world with real world- based classes, yet you can play magical based elves. Every major lore elf can use magic. You even run across some evil elves that use magic, but you can’t use magic. At best you can pick up a crafting job that allows you to craft magical items that boost stats or allows you to fire a few fireballs every 5 minutes that deal next to no damage, and need to be recrafted after 3 uses.

What you really want is to be a powerful mage that can conjure huge elemental spells, but people say that the crafting profession is more than enough to satisfy your class fantasy. People tell you to pick up the Hunter job because some of the bullets are magical and you can tame animals that look magical. That obviously isn’t sufficient either, and you start wondering why youre playing as an elf in the first place.

That’s pretty much where we are with a technology class and tech-based races in WoW.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-06-09 at 07:12 PM.

Good I want people to be afraid of "Beefcogs" when I roll a tauren tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Haha, perfect.

I like the idea of tinker as much as the next person, but it feels like it would clash with a high fantasy concept like the dragon isles would likely be.