Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Pretty funny coming from you. At least I am a player of the main game, you just enjoy the legacy fun mode museum experience and still keep whining in threads about SL.
    Please don't take this as an attack, but I'm genuinely confused by this armory link.
    Did you buy all of your +15s this season? Again not trying to attack you, I've just never seen a profile with exactly 8 timed 15s before.
    Not to mention logging out in BFA azerite armor pieces and a 37ilvl pair of bracers? I feel like this is a clever way to mess with weirdos like me who actually click your armory link!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoLarcos View Post
    Alright I believe you, but I'm sure that either:

A) You had really good gear.
    B) You used a lot of consumables.
    C) You are 90 percentile or more in the skill distribution.
    D) You wiped A LOT.
    No, no, no and no.
    My warrior and chaman were alt, so they had just alt gear. I despise consumables even in raids, so I certainly won't bother to use them in 5-men. I've no outstanding parses (of course, not using consumables might be a reason), and we didn't wipe a lot.
    It's just called being actually a moderately good player instead of a meta slave, and playing the game and not just an Excel spreadsheet.
    I'm not a baddy at all since I've completed most difficult content in several expansions.
    Then maybe you were carried.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You cant win with some people to be fair. I was in a run on the weekend where the healer got angry at the tank for stopping to eat/drink between pulls - "ill keep you topped up bro just hurry up" but in the same run, got angry at a warlock for tapping, and yelling at the mage for not drinking between trash pulls and doing low dps on some pulls due to going oom.
    This is actually hilarious i got yelled at for drinkin or goin my pace which my response was i could leave and you can look another 30mins for a new tank that shut them up

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Pretty funny coming from you. At least I am a player of the main game, you just enjoy the legacy fun mode museum experience
    Thanks for telling me what i should like or not...

and still keep whining in threads about SL.
    If you check my posts history you would see i even enjoyed a few things in SL after trying retail after a few years. Atleast i can appreciate something.
    On the other side we've got you whinning a posting pointless replies in every single Classic thread without any intend to even play it.

Do you see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Please don't take this as an attack, but I'm genuinely confused by this armory link.
    Did you buy all of your +15s this season? Again not trying to attack you, I've just never seen a profile with exactly 8 timed 15s before.
    Not to mention logging out in BFA azerite armor pieces and a 37ilvl pair of bracers? I feel like this is a clever way to mess with weirdos like me who actually click your armory link!

5+ Year Old Account
    As long as you have decent CC (i.e. mage/rogue) you can run almost anything. Even locks with succy can work in a pinch as far as CC goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

So let me get this straight, your 300 IQ thinks it's better to avoid.... the "New players/noobs" for 2 weeks instead of playing with them and helping them learn the fights to speed up the process? Cause the extra 10minutes a dng would take doing that will slow down your life so much.

Something tells me you have this thought process because this kind of stuff was done to you for all of your life, so now because for once you got ahead of the curve you deem it's time to do it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    So let me get this straight, your 300 IQ thinks it's better to avoid.... the "New players/noobs" for 2 weeks instead of playing with them and helping them learn the fights to speed up the process? Cause the extra 10minutes a dng would take doing that will slow down your life so much.

Something tells me you have this thought process because this kind of stuff was done to you for all of your life, so now because for once you got ahead of the curve you deem it's time to do it to others.
    Woah now, 300 is a pretty big number. Might wanna settle down chief.
    Is there a discord server with like, Q&A style help? I feel like a lot of players are very willing to teach/learn, but any time I've looked all I find are servers with "guides" that are useless and don't teach basic fundamentals, which is sorely lacking in retail and Classic.
    The sheer volume of players I've met who don't understand parry arcs is amazing, let alone other mechanics that are partially under the hood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, Ret, if geared enough (at least in normal TBC blues and a 93 weapon), can easily top DPS meters with any shaman present in the party. Just drop a WF totem.

Did a few HCs (SP / UB / Mechanar) just fine with smth like prot Warrior \ rshaman \ ret \ frost mage \ hunter w/o wipes. The one undoable was MT hc (with another group and feral tank), but not because of class synergy or CC problem - Pandemonius kept 1-shotting the tank despite he had something like 160 shadow resistance.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2021-06-17 at 06:35 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I dont agree with the tryhard attitude of the OP but the part you quoted and disagree with, is generally correct.

The ppl that hit 70 first week definitely have a lot of time, but they are more passionate abt the game, have done more research, and are much more likely to be better players than the ones that hit 70 much later.

My fav part of xpac releases is staying above the curve as long as I can because the quality of groups are usually far better. Ppl staying under threat, interrupting and stunning heals, doing good dmg, healers dispelling, tanks moving at a good pace and pulling correctly, etc...
    No. They are not more passionate or have done more research, that is a generalization.

15 years ago I was playing 24/7 at pure elite mode (like many others).
    Now I am happy if I can play 2 hours a day and I also want to take it relaxed...

I know that there are thousands of players on the exact same situation here. So maybe 15 years ago that argument was valid... today? not at all.

Pretty funny coming from you. At least I am a player of the main game, you just enjoy the legacy fun mode museum experience and still keep whining in threads about SL.
    You are just straight up saying you're here to shitpost the forums of a game you don't like nor intend to play.
    Don't you have anything better to do in your life than come here and troll ?
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-06-17 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No. They are not more passionate or have done more research, that is a generalization.

15 years ago I was playing 24/7 at pure elite mode (like many others).
    Now I am happy if I can play 2 hours a day and I also want to take it relaxed...

I know that there are thousands of players on the exact same situation here. So maybe 15 years ago that argument was valid... today? not at all.
    I'm the same way. But you'd be blind to not see the correlation. If you took 100 players that hit 70 the first week, they'd be better on average than 100 players that hit 70 after a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No, no, no and no.
    My warrior and chaman were alt, so they had just alt gear. I despise consumables even in raids, so I certainly won't bother to use them in 5-men. I've no outstanding parses (of course, not using consumables might be a reason), and we didn't wipe a lot.
    It's just called being actually a moderately good player instead of a meta slave, and playing the game and not just an Excel spreadsheet.

Then maybe you were carried.
    You have never done mythic raiding or you are trolling.

You don't get carried in mythic raiding in retail because if you have bad logs/parses you get kicked out of the raid on the spot.

That's the true try harding.

By no means I'm a tryhard

On the contrary I'm a casual player

And as a casual I would prefer to avoid spending 45 minutes wiping in a dungeon because I only got to play 2 hours each day

I spread the word so other fellas here are aware
    Casual doesn’t always mean time investment. I mythic raid, get CE most tiers, but only raid log. Doesn’t mean I am casual.

Your attitude however, is not that of a casual but that of someone entitled. Just because you have “less time”, you feel entitled to faster runs. That’s not how it works.

You have never done mythic raiding or you are trolling.

You don't get carried in mythic raiding in retail because if you have bad logs/parses you get kicked out of the raid on the spot.
    From the very post you quote :

Meta clowns fail to understand that parse aren't the end-all-be-all of playing, and only see "parses" and numbers. That's why we get mediocre tryhards thinking they are good because they stack consumables, world buffs and are carried by their raid into 99th percentile (because the performance of the whole raid massively affect the parse, much more than personal skill). But they can't adapt and are unable to do anything if there isn't a meta doing the thinking for them, and end up posting shit like "if you have fury warrior or ret paladin you are bad".

Good players are able to react and plan according to the situation, and that doesn't necessarily translate into dumb "parse". A good player will CC a mob on the fly (for warrior : intercept/hamstring, fear at the right time, taunt + kite, etc.), which will tank his DPS compared to the "parser" which will just tunnel-vision on his mob. He'll get a worse parse, but he'll be able to clear a HC with "subpar" classes while the "parser" will get great number and still be a dumb player thinking he's good and won't be able to imagine clearing a HC with anything but the "meta compo".
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-06-17 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    As I said in my post: the tryhard from plague has come to TBC for a time, as it did in Classic. MUST DO EVERYTHING IN THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY POSSIBLE AT ALL TIMES, OR YOU SUCK!!!!!!
    Yeah,these people minmax the fun out of the games.
    The worst part is that most of them don't even enjoy doing that,but they're just unable to do otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    From the very post you quote :

Meta clowns fail to understand that parse aren't the end-all-be-all of playing, and only see "parses" and numbers. That's why we get bad players thinking they are good because they stack consumables, world buffs and are carried by their raid into 99th percentile (because the performance of the whole raid massively affect the parse, much more than personal skill). But they can't adapt and are unable to do anything if there isn't a meta doing the thinking for them, and end up posting shit like "if you have fury warrior or ret paladin you are bad".

Good players are able to react and plan according to the situation, and that doesn't necessarily translate into dumb "parse". A good player will CC a mob on the fly (for warrior : intercept/hamstring, fear at the right time, taunt + kite, etc.), which will tank his DPS compared to the "parser" which will just tunnel-vision on his mob. He'll get a worse parse, but he'll be able to clear a HC with "subpar" classes while the "parser" will get great number and still be a dumb player thinking he's good and won't be able to imagine clearing a HC with anything but the "meta compo".
    Couldn't hit the nail more squarely. All of those "elite" players chanting prayers for the meta tend to be only good when everything goes perfectly at all points,but as soon as anything during a boss fight goes a bit off,they become useless. Either they keep trying to tunnel vision in order to boost their DPS and then blame the other players when that doesn't work,or they pretty much just freeze on the spot. They only know how to press the buttons the 30 WeakAuras they downloaded tell them to press,but are completely devoid of initiative

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    That is the best joke that I have read in a while.

Since when does "time" equal "skills"?

People who did it all in the first week or two simply had a lot of time on their hands.

Sorry but it is hard to consider you serious at all.
    Time doesnt mean skill, WoW has been the proof of this since 2004.

But there is a link between <Played a lot at some point in their WoW life because invested> and <Actually has skill>.

So, it can be used as a variable to find decent players, but it cant be used as the only variable cause that is inaccurate as hell.

There needs to be a system established to punish people for being tryhards to this level where they ignore "lesser" players. Its disgusting.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There needs to be a system established to punish people for being tryhards to this level where they ignore "lesser" players. Its disgusting.
    Lol wtf. You obviously don't want to play with these ppl so the solution is to just not play with them lmao. You don't need daddy blizzard to step in

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    If "doing it right" makes it "easy" then it was never hard.
    Sure bad boy, whatever you say. Better say something utterly idiotic than lose the pissing contest.
    Oh, and BTW :
    The dungeons were nerfed into oblivion in more ways than one after release. Probably explains your faulty memory.
    I left when they announced they would nerf them. I don't even HAVE memories of them post-nerf.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-06-18 at 06:36 AM.

Good luck completing any hc dungeon with a fury war an elemental shaman and a retry pal mate

Its not about min maxing at all... its just about completing the dungeon

- - - Updated - - -

It wont work

Maybe in slave pens or other easy hc sure... but in the harder hc you are gonna need a better comp

Sure you can fit a garbage class in your group, thats no problem, no need to min max everything

Howevet having 2 or 3 garbage classes will make the run rly difficult

Thats how the game works not my fault
    Way to out yourself as a booster that had been carried. Its ok to get carried. It's not your fault this is your first time through BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    On a Pentium 4 processor, shit graphics card, even shittier ISDN internet and at the age of 14-15-16, where raging hormones turn you into a shithead. Say the whole story :P
    The average age of wow players back then was 27. People were just shitheads. Hormones had nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro