Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    In the warfront the Kaldorei are attacking. The horde already has the zone from the events of the WoT in the BFA pre patch.

I think canonically only the alliance warfront event happens and they win the zone.
    From what is implied both occur until the Kaldorei win in the end.
    But we continue in the same way. If this is 8.3 why would the Horde be there?
    Why did Nathanos go to revive Sira and Dalarin and did the Horde help him?

In other words, the history of 8.3 was going to be either very different or very poorly written.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    From what is implied both occur until the Kaldorei win in the end.
    But we continue in the same way. If this is 8.3 why would the Horde be there?
    Why did Nathanos go to revive Sira and Dalarin and did the Horde help him?

In other words, the history of 8.3 was going to be either very different or very poorly written.
    Or both at the same time.

@geco and @Terrorthatflapsinthenig interesting, I hadn't consider either of the options you presented.. usually for canon approaches, we've traditionally assumed in multiple option cases, only one happens. But when I think about it, blizzard has never clarified the details of this, only the end result.

Interesting point.

@geco and @Terrorthatflapsinthenig interesting, I hadn't consider either of the options you presented.. usually for canon approaches, we've traditionally assumed in multiple option cases, only one happens. But when I think about it, blizzard has never clarified the details of this, only the end result.

Interesting point.
    That's the fun of a forum and a debate.
    Not seeing "who is right".

There was even a cinematic during the PTR of 8.1 that Tyrande/Nightelfs won at Darkshore (they scraped it for some reason, but it had bad quality anyways)
    So if anything, their plan was that Night Elf win there.
    In a later interview (I think before 8.2) one of the producers said "Night Elfs had their revenge"
    How could they have their revenge if Horde would beat the Night Elfs in Darkshore.

So in conclusion, Night Elfs winning in Darkshore was planned from the beginning according to the actual evidence we have.
    If you have evidence beside "LOOK KALIMDOR RED!" please provide it.

Goldshire inn. Mailbox for AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Yep these plans were never going to work because the Night Elves and Blood Elves would never abandon their lands and always get them back in the end.
    Same with the Forsaken, really. The Forsaken would never accept the loss of Lordaeron, even now they cling to what few outposts, villages and towns they have in Lordaeron and ofcourse they have a presence in Alterac City.

It would be interesting to see what defenses the Azuremyst Islands have with the Draenei and their Lightforged cousins using the full might of their technology and magic to prepare themselves against an invasion.
    I think an invasion of Azuremyst would really look like that Battle of Shattrath in WoD. Draenei, with automated crystalline lasers, soul-constructs and Auchenai artillery (and maybe a naaru) against an overwhelming force of Horde navy and soldiers.

Could make it like D-day, really. A massive fleet of (mag'har Iron) Horde navy vessels and zeppelins and their landing craft while the Draenei desperatly try to buy time for their civilians and the Stillpine furbolg to evacuate etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Same with the Forsaken, really. The Forsaken would never accept the loss of Lordaeron, even now they cling to what few outposts, villages and towns they have in Lordaeron and ofcourse they have a presence in Alterac City.

I think an invasion of Azuremyst would really look like that Battle of Shattrath in WoD. Draenei, with automated crystalline lasers, soul-constructs and Auchenai artillery (and maybe a naaru) against an overwhelming force of Horde navy and soldiers.

Could make it like D-day, really. A massive fleet of (mag'har Iron) Horde navy vessels and zeppelins and their landing craft while the Draenei desperatly try to buy time for their civilians and the Stillpine furbolg to evacuate etc.
    Why would we want there? If they leave us alone we’ll leave them.

Yes it would be a military blow to the Alliance to destroy the Draenei. But it’s warmongering again.

Besides I’d like it Draenei and blood elves had a working relationship on Bloodmyst after the sunfury elves there were defeated, Silvermoon sends help to Bloodmyst both as reparations for the Sunfury attacks and thanks for the Sunwell help.

You know, inter racial actions that don’t depend on or rely on factions and not defined exclusively or dominated by faction hostilities.

If they don’t remove the factions entirely,they could actually make certain races not tied strongly to them like they are, allowing more interactions like that between Draenei and blood elves who are on opposite factions to happen.

It will yield more interesting situations without getting rid of factions entirely
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-06-17 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to do with N'zoth, he was always the plan for 8.3, it's only Darkshore that was brought forward cos of alliance whiners.

- - - Updated - - -

They gave trolls a massive 3 zone bonanza with a majestic troll civilization. Dazar'alor is pretty cool, you should check it out if you play wow again..

- - - Updated - - -

yeh.. it would be cool, and novel too.
    Well I'm talking about the Darkspear Trolls not the Zandalari

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Well I'm talking about the Darkspear Trolls not the Zandalari
    Ah.. I do tend to often refer to sub races like Zadnalari and nightborne as trolls and night elves - unless specifically referring to their group concerning them, then i d isintguish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was responding to the poste that wondered how an Horde invasion of Azuremyst would look like, not that it'd actually happen (please, god no).

Personally I'd rather see the draenei grow closer to the night elves, it's stupid that they're really close to the blood elves (after what happened) and the humans, since those two kingdoms are on the otherside of the world while the night elves are literraly right next door and in the same faction.

I was responding to the poste that wondered how an Horde invasion of Azuremyst would look like, not that it'd actually happen (please, god no).

Personally I'd rather see the draenei grow closer to the night elves, it's stupid that they're really close to the blood elves (after what happened) and the humans, since those two kingdoms are on the otherside of the world while the night elves are literraly right next door and in the same faction.
    And Maiev helped Akama regain the Liberty of her people.
    It would have been great if the tavids had been an allied race in BFA to return the favor to Maiev or something.
    And incidentally allow the Dranei to be more active in the Alliance.

It’s not the Draenei blood elf relationship that’s the problem. It would have been interesting to have Draenei close to both night elves and blood elves.

Thing is, everything on the alliance revolves around humans. All alliance races only interact with humans after their starting experience

Stuff like this would be nice but it would require blizzard to sit downa nd work on the world, updating areas and making the content for all zones match the same timeline (go chromi time for the pre changes) this ofc is not ever going to happen but it would be great if it did, as is they keep 'needing' to go somewhere and add new zones, updating zones is a side project when it should be the main goal, the wow world is big enough now, we have two draenors for example, update these zones, make the wold itself a more compelling place, yet another 4-5 zones of a forest, a mountain, a swamp and a desert and maybe a city id not needed.

The fact that the Draenei and Worgens were completely or at least almost completely absent from Night Elves territories during the War of the Thorns is another statement of how poorly written and stupid this whole story was, alongside the fact that Draenei are nowhere to be seen during BFA outside of the Lightforged who took part in the battle of Stromgarde while they and their non-lightforged brothers and sisters, and also the Furbolgs, should have helped the NE into chasing the Horde invaders from their lands.

It’s not the Draenei blood elf relationship that’s the problem. It would have been interesting to have Draenei close to both night elves and blood elves.

Thing is, everything on the alliance revolves around humans. All alliance races only interact with humans after their starting experience
    That and once you are in the opposite faction, you can't develop relations with races not in your team. Because the horde and the alliance are actually races themselves, and the only 2 effective ones in the game.

the worgen haven't gotten one and cataclysm was 10 years ago. i don't see the night elves getting a new city before the worgen. i'd say at best, the nelfs will get a city to share with the worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the worgen haven't gotten one and cataclysm was 10 years ago. i don't see the night elves getting a new city before the worgen. i'd say at best, the nelfs will get a city to share with the worgen.
    There will be maybe a small section for Worgen in the new Night Elf hub. Alliance already got two human capitals.

The fact that the Draenei and Worgens were completely or at least almost completely absent from Night Elves territories during the War of the Thorns is another statement of how poorly written and stupid this whole story was, alongside the fact that Draenei are nowhere to be seen during BFA outside of the Lightforged who took part in the battle of Stromgarde while they and their non-lightforged brothers and sisters, and also the Furbolgs, should have helped the NE into chasing the Horde invaders from their lands.
    This makes me think. That maybe they believed that thorn war is a "good thing" for Kaldorei fans.
    Either that or they really want to make the Alliance split in two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    And Maiev helped Akama regain the Liberty of her people.
    It would have been great if the tavids had been an allied race in BFA to return the favor to Maiev or something.
    And incidentally allow the Dranei to be more active in the Alliance.
    Tavids? Honestly the Exodar Krokul under Nobundo and Velen should've been an allied race (with the LFD bieng customisation options), if they didn't want to add the void Krokul of Argus as an allied race.

Yeah, it's horrible. Hate how the humans are the centerpiece, lead everything, and everyone automaticly bow down to their experience and leadership without questioning it. Might aswell rename the Alliance into the Empire at this point.

The reason for the draenei absent is even more retarded "we lost so many people on Argus", yeah but you guys were still entirelly militarised and had troops ready, that just returned from freeing another world, a shit ton of experience and armed to the teeth... that's even ignoring the fact that they brought the Lightforged draenei back and Exodar draenei were bieng Lightforged already.

The worgen bieng partially absent makes sense, most of the Gilneans living in/around Darnassus were civilians while their military is mostly seen in the presence of King Genn Greymane... who spends most of his days in Stormwind City or on military campaigns.

The furbolg weren't absent, as Horde you also fight furbolg in Darkshore, using magic which drove them crazy. The lack of Stillpine Furbolg is quiestionable, yes, but they have never shown any naval knowledge so without the night elves or draenei they'd probably be unable to leave the islands.