Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They're problems that shouldn't exist and have no excuse for existing. The "size" of the problem is irrelevant. There is no actual argument for these things Blizzard are doing. At best you're not affected by them, at worst they have a negative effect. That seems like a pretty clearly bad design if the best case is that it's neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one pretending that because something doesn't bother you it's not a problem. Again, there is no possible argument for what Blizzard is doing. There's only minimizing it, which is what you're trying to do. It's poor game design, that's all there is to it.
    It's not a problem because it's... not a problem. I am mentally stable enough to recognize that a couple hours of work in a new patch is not a problem. God no wonder blizzard cut support and gms, whiny children.

I predicted recrafting before we even knew about domination sockets. Just based on the possibility that in future tiers different slots would have good items from raid drops compared to Nathria. Domination sockets just mean the good items are more impactful. I wasn't thrilled at the prospect then, but now I think more people have been dragged into this than otherwise would have if it were just a case of what drops from the bosses at the end with high ilvl or what drops with good stats.

It's not all that bad, but it's certainly not a case of people being excited to craft the exact same effect that they already have. It is something that I think we would have seen even without domination sockets though, albeit maybe for a smaller number of specs.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    I predicted recrafting before we even knew about domination sockets. Just based on the possibility that in future tiers different slots would have good items from raid drops compared to Nathria. Domination sockets just mean the good items are more impactful. I wasn't thrilled at the prospect then, but now I think more people have been dragged into this than otherwise would have if it were just a case of what drops from the bosses at the end with high ilvl or what drops with good stats.

It's not all that bad, but it's certainly not a case of people being excited to craft the exact same effect that they already have. It is something that I think we would have seen even without domination sockets though, albeit maybe for a smaller number of specs.
    Yeah, if you thought that you would be wearing your same legs from 9.0 to 10.0 you are kind of a moron. At bare minimum, without a new system, would be new legendary effects in other tiers, covenant legendaries and shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    It's not a problem because it's... not a problem. I am mentally stable enough to recognize that a couple hours of work in a new patch is not a problem. God no wonder blizzard cut support and gms, whiny children.
    Having to spend time/money re-earning the same thing you already have is bad design. Not planning ahead at all so literally the first content patch of the expansion conflicts with one of the base systems of the expansion is bad design. Just saying it's not a problem doesn't make it so. We've explained multiple reasons why it is a problem. It's not game breaking or anything, but it is yet another dumb decision out of many in the past few expansions, all of which had early feedback that the devs ignored, and it's frustrating because in general I think Shadowlands took a lot of steps in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if you thought that you would be wearing your same legs from 9.0 to 10.0 you are kind of a moron. At bare minimum, without a new system, would be new legendary effects in other tiers, covenant legendaries and shit like that.
    Which is fine, because at that point we're gaining new effects rather than having to re-make the same ones we already have. I didn't expect to use the same legendaries all expansion, but I did have some hope (I know, stupid of me) that they'd use their brains and not add new systems that directly conflict with the legendaries I've already crafted. You know, so by the end of the expansion I have a bunch of legendary options to pick between. Decisions like adding Domination Shards is working directly against that by forcing me to spend my resources on the same legendaries multiple times and by blocking some of my existing legendaries from being used.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

What anger? You are the one up in this thread going full karen over actually nothing. You will have the ash before the patch even drops. Stop being emotional over a video game.
    You should check your own posts over again, maybe take a deep breath before making the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Probably because their concerns are... Wait for it... Blowing things out of proportion, as per usual.

Non-factor.

Love the point about "lashing out in anger" when that's exactly what people are doing over these changes.
    Ah yes. Criticizing Blizzard for doing something player-unfriendly is lashing out.

Calling people names and trivializing their concerns and issues with it because you have no other recourse or argument in defense of it is totally healthy and constructive behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You should check your own posts over again, maybe take a deep breath before making the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes. Criticizing Blizzard for doing something player-unfriendly is lashing out.

Calling people names and trivializing their concerns and issues with it because you have no other recourse or argument in defense of it is totally healthy and constructive behavior.
    There's a fine line between criticising, and... What people in this thread have been doing. Which is, quite often, the very thing you're labeling as bad and 'unhealthy'.

Point to where I called people names btw. I'll wait. Everyone has been calling me names. Not the other way around, champ.

PS: Trivial concerns tend to ... You know ... Be trivialised. That's how these things work.

I'm lucky. I do PvP and m+, but stopped raiding. This entire domination crap is not made for me, so I get to ignore it (and be weaker than my competitors). Yay.

When new content systems that I get to ignore is a the best thing about a patch, the sadness swells.

Even if we didn't have higher ilvl in a few slots. Even if we didn't have domination sockets.

As long as there are options for where to craft your lego, there will be people wanting to change unless every slot has the same ratio of stats on it in every single raid of the expansion.

As long as there are options and changing circumstances, there is a chance that the option you want to take will change.

There's pretty much 2 solutions to ensure nobody recrafts. 1 - No slot options. 2 - All other gear maintains the same ratio of stats all expansion. If any slots are allowed to be higher ilvl, those slots must retain higher ilvl potential for the remainder of the expansion, and no new ones can be added to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Each armor type has 5 gem slots and you need 3.... sooo good job overreacting. I know math is hard and all but atleast TRY next time.
    Cool, another person who didn't even READ the article, and condescendingly talks to others about "math being hard".
    Here's some math for you: If you use 4 out of 5 possible sockets, is it 100% or less?

Good Good... enough raider tears from the 1000 people that raid in WoW got them their "special" raid gear. Special being the appropriate term for anything having to do with raiders in WoW.

Get better at making gold?
    Still not an argument to defend this decision.

There's a fine line between criticising, and... What people in this thread have been doing. Which is, quite often, the very thing you're labeling as bad and 'unhealthy'.

PS: Trivial concerns tend to ... You know ... Be trivialised. That's how these things work.
    I find your perspective curious and a little disconnected.
    Point to where I called people names btw. I'll wait. Everyone has been calling me names. Not the other way around, champ.
    If you are frustrated and clearly emotional (you) over this change, get out of your parents basement, wipe the crusted drool off your chin and go outside. Seriously.

A little bit of video game gold and little bit of time getting a currency in a video game is not the end of the world. I promise after you sort out your mental state and possibly life... things will get better.
    You came out in defense of his posts and clearly implied his conduct was more rational and constructive than mine. Feel free to justify that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Still not an argument to defend this decision.
    That's because they have no argument.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2021-06-24 at 11:12 AM.

You came out in defense of his posts and clearly implied his conduct was more rational and constructive than mine. Feel free to justify that now.
    Actually, I didn't defend anyone's posts. Nor did I compare anyone else's posts to your own. If I did, I would have quoted what they said in my own posts, and agreed with what they said. I posted my own viewpoints, and mine alone.

I'll await your apology; I don't much enjoy people lying and trying to put words in my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry a video game has made you so emotional that you need to cry and whine. This is a player issue, sorry that you actively play wow yet don't engage in activities that grant gold and can't send 30 minutes a week running torghast.

I'm sorry a video game has made you so emotional that you need to cry and whine. This is a player issue, sorry that you actively play wow yet don't engage in activities that grant gold and can't send 30 minutes a week running torghast.
    I still don't see an argument, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I didn't defend anyone's posts. Nor did I compare anyone else's posts to your own. If I did, I would have quoted what they said in my own posts, and agreed with what they said. I posted my own viewpoints, and mine alone.

I'll await your apology; I don't much enjoy people lying and trying to put words in my mouth.
    You literally tacked on to a post that was aimed at him to reply to me about my conduct, lol.

Also you're going to be waiting until the heat death of the universe. :^)

I am selfish so I don't care, since I won't have to recraft shit.

I still don't see an argument, though.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally tacked on to a post that was aimed at him to reply to me about my conduct, lol.

Also you're going to be waiting until the heat death of the universe. :^)
    No, no I didn't. I said people in this thread, not you specifically. Nor did I say either of you were better or worse than the other, when it comes to conduct.

You should really go back and read these posts, before you try and make things up you know.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You didn't see this coming? I maxed out my ash in case I needed to change after patch. This is nobodies fault but your own.
    how tf it is nobodies fault?
    Blizz literally said they bring out the systems at the start expansion. Now bring out systems which invalidate 3 months of shitghast I had to do.

No, no I didn't. I said people in this thread, not you specifically. Nor did I say either of you were better or worse than the other, when it comes to conduct.

You should really go back and read these posts, before you try and make things up you know.
    You literally replied to my reply to him.

Blame yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You don't have 8k ash banked? This is on you and your terrible decisions.
    How? Why tf would I have that if I made the 3 legendary items I need? Because TG is fun? hahahaha.