Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    funny how they dont even exist in the same universe and that comment was therefore clearly to be taken seriously, amirite?
    Them not being in the same Universe honestly doesn't discredit my argument. Your comment can be taken seriously since I don't think the Xel'naga are like the First Ones at all, since they're bound to the "Infinite Cycle" of the Universe, where all the First Ones are implied to have just straight up created all things after coming together.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The next expansion we will face the Void Lords, who actually planned Denathrius and his dreadlords for planning their plans from the beggining
    And then everyone on mmo-champion: wasnt this confirmed twice already?

Its getting more stupid by the day.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    the Jailer, the most uninteresting, lame character that has ZERO background lore.
    Hey, don't be so harsh. I'm sure that the writing team did its best for SL, hence the Blue Man
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Nathrezim (Dreadlords) are a group of creatures, not a singular entity.
    Oh wow, I thought that was one of the dreadlord, you know a single guy. I see some deleted posts in my emailbox, probably managed to anger someone.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

You can't even get the lore straight, so I wouldn't expect you to know what has been retconned or not.
    Do enlighten me where I got it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Do enlighten me where I got it wrong.

Already quoted the part you got wrong.

"Sargeras turning evil because of the Void and his impossible mission has been his lore since like... what, 2010?"

You're 6 years off from what the current lore revealed the case to be and confusing the original lore with what it's now. Take some time to enlighten yourself instead of be ignorant to information you willingly criticize other people having issues with retcons for.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-23 at 05:13 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Also sargeras never tristed them
    Whether Sargie boi trusted them or not, we don't know for certain. What we do know is that the invasion of Azeroth during the 3rd war was led by a bunch of dreadlords under Archimonde's direct orders. I mean, they got quite high on the Legion's food chain for being untrusted...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm so glad I checked out of the story over a decade ago, this sucks.

You're 6 years off from what the current lore revealed the case to be and confusing the original lore with what it's now. Take some time to enlighten yourself instead of be ignorant to information you willingly criticize other people having issues with retcons for.
    You claim I'm wrong yet you haven't said what the right answer is.

This isn't what debating in good faith looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    You claim I'm wrong yet you haven't said what the right answer is.

This isn't what debating in good faith looks like.

If you need to be spoon fed every thing... then sure, I guess. Your lack of due diligence isn't bad faith on my part. It's still in line with your overall ignorance to the topic and the lore being discussed, unfortunately.

The lore of Warcraft Chronicle (2016) states that Sargeras was made aware of the Void threat, not the original lore from 2010 --the year you claimed-- which is consistent with the original point I made that you are in no position to criticize others who deem something retconned if you don't even know the lore yourself. There is no issue of "not arguing in good faith" here when you aren't keeping up.

If you need to be spoon fed every thing... then sure, I guess. Your lack of due diligence isn't bad faith on my part. It's still in line with your overall ignorance to the topic and the lore being discussed, unfortunately.

The lore of Warcraft Chronicle (2016) states that Sargeras was made aware of the Void threat, not the original lore from 2010 --the year you claimed-- which is consistent with the original point I made that you are in no position to criticize others who deem something retconned if you don't even know the lore yourself. There is no issue of "not arguing in good faith" here when you aren't keeping up.
    The old old lore said Sargeras went evil after meeting the Nathrezim. That was what I was referencing and why this isn't a retcon.

While his confusion and misery deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with a particularly insidious group intent on disrupting the Titans' order: the Nathrezim. This dark race of vampiric demons (also known as dreadlords) conquered a number of populated worlds by possessing their inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming dreadlords turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them into unthinking hatred and mistrust. Sargeras defeated the Nathrezim easily, but their corruption affected him deeply.

As doubt and despair overwhelmed Sargeras' senses, he lost all faith not only in his mission, but also in the Titans' vision of an ordered universe.
    This is Vanilla lore.

There is no issue of "not arguing in good faith" here when you aren't keeping up
    This kind of cheapens all of the world-ending/life-threatening experiences we've faced in the past.

"LOL IT WAS THE DREADLORDS ALL ALONG" is a really, really, lame retcon.

Also... "across all realities" line is interesting. Does this imply the dreadlords have been to other timelines?

The irony's about to hit you like a truck. You're the one who's arguing in ignorance and isn't keeping up.

It's not a retcon.
    Last edited by starstationprofm; 2021-06-26 at 02:26 AM.

Shit is only going to get MORE cosmic and messy from now on...

Denathrius and Jailer are supposed to be new generation villains of WoW yet feel absolutely uninteresting and force-fed boogeymen compared to Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, Sargeras and the Lich King...
    Last edited by niilokin; 2021-06-26 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niilokin View Post
    Shit is only going to get MORE cosmic and messy from now on...

Denathrius and Jailer are supposed to be new generation villains of WoW yet feel absolutely uninteresting and force-fed boogeymen compared to Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, Sargeras and the Lich King...
    Well, I agree with you on Zovaal, but it seems like the reception of Denathrius has actually been pretty good. If we're lucky, he may usurp the roles originally given to Zovaal, since it seems like his very survival was due mostly to playerbase consensus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait.. so the Nathrezim planned on heroes of Azeroth beating the scourge, beating Deathwing, beating the legion, and then killing Argus this whole time?
    makes you wonder, all those sick one liners wasted just cuz everything has been puppeted by the nathrezim

WoW: "Your heart will explode!" - C'thun
    WoW BC: "My demise accomplishes nothing! the master will have you! you will drown in your own blood!" - Kael'Thas
    WoW Wotlk: "Watch now as I raise them from the dead to become masters of the Scourge. They will shroud this world in chaos and destruction. Azeroth's fall will come at their hands - and you will be the first to die." - The Lich King.
    WoW Cata: "You have done NOTHING. I will tear your world APART". - Deathwing.
    Wow MoP: "I have seen mountains of skulls and rivers of blood, AND I WILL...HAVE...MY...WORLD!" - Garrosh Hellscream
    WoW WoD: "No matter how it all ends, you will die here." - Xul'horac
    WoW Legion: "You topple a pawn and presume to challenge its master? Such arrogance!" - The Demon Within
    WoW BfA: "With a whisper, the Earth Warder bent to my will" - N'zoth the corruptor

All of this culminating in:
    "Lul dreadlords did it all"

What is sad is that they actually gave some hope with the book in the Tower of the Unseen Guest. When the book said that the void is the only real threat to death due to its ability to see all realities. No one else is aware of what Death is upto. But I guess for all the extra eyes they were made to be blind to some wingy bois.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    WoW BfA: "With a whisper, the Earth Warder bent to my will" - N'zoth the corruptor
    This line is very badass, it truly puts into perspective just how dangerous and lethal the Void whispers are (lethal enough to instantly corrupt the mighty Earth Warder). Indeed only few in the cosmos can defy the shadows' whispers. Frankly I can't wait for the Void expansion, this to me is the most interesting aspect of the current storyline, seeing all the twisted and misshapen things that the Void can concoct.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This line is very badass, it truly puts into perspective just how dangerous and lethal the Void whispers are (lethal enough to instantly corrupt the mighty Earth Warder). Indeed only few in the cosmos can defy the shadows' whispers. Frankly I can't wait for the Void expansion, this to me is the most interesting aspect of the current storyline, seeing all the twisted and misshapen things that the Void can concoct.
    Do you talk about anything else?

Yeh but some random elf can totes handle it and she isn't being manipulated.

RP forums are 1 level deeper.

Just spend some actual money on fantasy writers that have something new and fresh, the lore from SL just feels so disconnected and will be forgotten about as soon as the new expansion is announced. No one cares about it and I can't blame them. I used to be slightly interested in the lore, would watch videos and read up stuff but when everyone and their mothers actually came up with better and more fun/creative ideas then what we got served,(especially in BFA/Legion) I just checked out until SL and now it's just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

This pretty much confirms it. The Legion, scourge, ARGUS, all pawns.

So looks like the death of Argus was planned by the nathrezime and his soul was most likely intercepted and aimed at the Arbiter. Would explain that red energy that hit the Arbiter.
    Or it was Remornia....

Nothing so far indicates Arbiter wasn't equipped to deal with Argus' soul, or that it was Argus the titan being referred to as much as the events on Argus the world during Legion.
    Last edited by Ajantisz; 2021-06-27 at 02:04 AM.