Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It could something related to the elements, if we got dragon isles by example we may find would how the primal elements became protodrakes and dragons.
    If it is foreshadowing then it is likely tied to a future Shadowlands patch rather then an expansion. Remember we just rescued wild spirits as part of the 9.1 intro that were all elemental based. Asotera <Might of Earth>, Zoukai <Ancient River>, Thynen <Wind of the East>, Malorandar <Herald of the Dawn>.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

From the comments section of the linked article:

To be clear: Promotion does not equal store mount.

I repeat: THIS DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN YOU NEED TO PAY MONEY FOR THESE MOUNTS.
    Delicious delicious copium

Phoenix? beings of cycles and rebirth. We are going to meet the pantheon of life and Elune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Phoenix? beings of cycles and rebirth. We are going to meet the pantheon of life and Elune
    Alright - I like this theory best.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    right on que, here's another 6 month sub mount.

At this point, we should just accept this as the new norm every 6 months. this will never stop now, and this is forever a part of WoW's future.

is it that big of a deal? Not really and some will make a lot more of this than it is, but it is transparently greedy that they try to rope people in for the lifetime of the patch (if we're lucky) like clockwork, which doesn't really endorse a lot of faith in their own product
    Who cares? At the end of the day, blizzard is a company looking to make money just like everyone else. It's an easy way to keep sub numbers up while giving constant players like myself happy with new shiny things.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

They updated the article and removed it:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...r-sale-is-here

No longer there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They updated the article and removed it:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...r-sale-is-here

No longer there.
    Someone's paying attention to the MMO-C forums. Everyone wave at the Blizzard employee.

If it has anything to do with content it might just be related to Kaelthas and when the campaign ends we might see him summon his phoenixes again and this might be a new model used for those

Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    Someone's paying attention to the MMO-C forums. Everyone wave at the Blizzard employee.
    These are forsaken lands, one of their content editors probably caught it. But hopefully enough people saw it in the thread where people can't call me a troll. Even though I am... sometimes.

Well, seems like the wait is going to be long until the next patch lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Well, seems like the wait is going to be long until the next patch lol
    I mean... they've been doing these 6 months promos for ages now and we've had a pretty consistent schedule with patches releasing every 6-7 months.

So it's pretty safe to assume that 9.2 will drop within that timeframe. Give or take a couple weeks due to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I mean... they've been doing these 6 months promos for ages now and we've had a pretty consistent schedule with patches releasing every 6-7 months.

So it's pretty safe to assume that 9.2 will drop within that timeframe. Give or take a couple weeks due to Covid.
    Talking about regular and consistent schedules after the 9.0-9.1 ... welp.

Talking about regular and consistent schedules after the 9.0-9.1 ... welp.
    Shadowlands released on November 23, 2020
    Patch 9.1 released on June 30, 2021

That's just a bit over 7 months.

What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Shadowlands released on November 23, 2020
    Patch 9.1 released on June 30, 2021

That's just a bit over 7 months.

What's your point?
    Nothing nothing, it was totally normal schedule. Baaah. Imirite.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Have you never seen a 6-month mount promotion before? I ask because they haven't followed the theme of an expansion and have just been whatever Blizzard wanted to create. It is why we have rats, bulls, flying ships, mechanical dragons, and whatever else.
    Well, actually they have been following themes
    The first half of the year has always been lunar new year mounts. And the second half has been themed for the expansion.

The ship was because BfA had pirates, in the alliance Kul Tiran zones.
    And the dragon was because of Mechagon.

Also blizzard are known for adding store mounts that have been mobs in the next expansion.

Hm, I hope that any new Phoenix model will also be used to update the Ashes of Al'ar one, it's hilariously outdated and Blizzard's devs can't seem to stop messing up its "tail" effects.

Nothing nothing, it was totally normal schedule. Baaah. Imirite.
    ... What about stating the facts makes him a sheep?

Not saying that the patch wasn't delayed, it totally was due to the Pandemic, but his numbers are correct. These 6-month promotions were done during BfA too, prior to the Pandemic.

The two phoenix mounts might be faction themed too? might be a duo kinda like the alabaster wyvern/gryphon.

Sapphire Skyblazer
    Fireplume Phoenix

Just reading the names, the colours blue and red come to mind. Alliance and Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They use new models for the store mounts which most end up as mobs and NPCs in content updates.

Enchanted Fey Dragon before warlords
    Luminous Starseeker before Argus
    Mystic Runesaber before Legion
    Steamscale Incinerator Before Mechagon.
    Sylverian Dreamer Before SL
    Vulpine Familar before SL

While they don't directly indicate an expanion or patch theme, they sure as hell can indicate what kinda creatures we may be dealing with in the future, which includes zone theme.
    The Starseeker came out with Argus. We’d already seen them on the PTR before they became store mounts.
    The Steamscale Incinerator came out almost a year AFTER Mechagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the next 6-Month Sub Mount is planned because the next patch will last at least 6 months minimum.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    The ship was because BfA had pirates, in the alliance Kul Tiran zones.
    The ship was because they announced it around talk like a pirate day. Every expansion has pirates in one form or another so that isn't Kul'tiran themed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."