why is a single country participating with 3 teams in euro?

why is UK which is a single country participating in all these tournaments with 3 whole teams scotland wales and england, like wtf, these are regions in a country, its illegal and unfair, usa has many states but still they participate with 1 team, they should start participating with texas, new york, florida and california to increase their chances, germany spain and italy have proeminent regions aswell, spain has catalonia where barcelona is but still they participate with a single team

the UK should be stripped of this illegal and unfair privilege and form just 1 team called UK

Bruh UK is not a country

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The U.K., as it is called, is a sovereign state that consists of four individual countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

But yes, let every US State play in the Euro.

Can't tell if you are dumb, trolling or both

You know, you're not increasing your chances by dilluting your pool of players.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say this is a terrible troll attempt, No-one can actually be that dense lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    usa has many states but still they participate with 1 team
    ....They do?

Also the UK is a sovereign state comprised of 4 countries constitutionally. A better comparison would be if Germany had 16 teams,as they're a federation just like the US
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2021-07-03 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The home nations each have their own football associations and leagues, who each have as much clout as UEFA does on its own when it comes to national football competitions. Thank the fact Britain invented the whole thing.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-07-03 at 10:47 PM.

Tell me that you failed geography, without telling me that you failed geography...

Oh and Germany just got 1 WC and 1 Euro since the BRD just exist since 1990 and is a new country.
    Also the WC leader is Italy since Brazil cheated 2 times.
    The Internet is a wonderful place, you learn every day something new <3

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tell me that you failed geography, without telling me that you failed geography...
    If he's American, we're not taught this at all. As an uniformed American he's got a point. Five seconds of googling it, and it sounds a lot like each of those "countries" are equivalent to a US state. US states each have their own version of parliament but defer to the main federal one.

I guess the confusion is what defines a country vs a sovereign state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    why is UK which is a single country participating in all these tournaments with 3 whole teams scotland wales and england, like wtf, these are regions in a country, its illegal and unfair, usa has many states but still they participate with 1 team, they should start participating with texas, new york, florida and california to increase their chances, germany spain and italy have proeminent regions aswell, spain has catalonia where barcelona is but still they participate with a single team

the UK should be stripped of this illegal and unfair privilege and form just 1 team called UK
    US states are honestly more comparable to provinces / departments / partial states than to full countries in terms of power and recognition.

Hard swallow for proud people, i know, but you wanted an answer.

Lot of land with little of note does not a country make.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    If he's American, we're not taught this at all. As an uniformed American he's got a point. Five seconds of googling it, and it sounds a lot like each of those "countries" are equivalent to a US state. US states each have their own version of parliament but defer to the main federal one.

Do those states have individual football associations and individual leagues from which they draw state teams from? No, the USA is the nation in Concacaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post

I think the comment was more about the fact that this thread is about a euro-only tournament...so any thought about the US has literally no value at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has pretty much served its purpose.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.