Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I'm talking about IT. Which part of IT cannot be done remotely unless your employer still lives in the 20th century?
    Well. I can't install people's equipment from home? That is part of my job at an IT department? I cannot collect equipment from home either, nor repair it from home due to not having the right facilities for it?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    But for real, we've had worse patches. I'm happy with 9.1 so far.
    Of course this week content is alright for WoW patch, especially first patch. Even zone don't look as gloomy as I expected. Only things I hate are despawning treasures (heard they are doing something with it) and no perspective of flying. Seriously, this is something they should do ASAP (so next mini patch, I know it require testing), no reason to gate flying here.

But judging whole patch now is just ridicolous. We experienced like 5%, we don't even have raid and dungeon. It's like judging 9.0 after doing Maw intro.

Finally got a chance to play today (crazy work week). I can actually say that based upon how I felt about the new content vs what I felt at 9.0 launch and other patch additions, that I can see myself doing this content for quite a while. And looking back I have been a fan of the first zone addition to the expansion for a couple of years now:
    - isle of thunder
    - tanaan (I actually enjoyed and scoured that as much as I could as a solo player then, if I was guilded and raiding would have stuck through wod till end)
    -broken shore, convenient zone, and we got flying really quick so great alt gameplay
    -8.2, loved everything about this patch except the rng on mechagon meta drops and mob/event spawns

I can see the potential for korthia to be like those. And I genuinely did not like shadowlands at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well. I can't install people's equipment from home? That is part of my job at an IT department? I cannot collect equipment from home either, nor repair it from home due to not having the right facilities for it?
    Clearly you are simply living in the stone ages of IT. Don't you know you are just supposed to wave your magic IT wand and push the linux bootstrap remotely through the firewall and fix stuff? Probably don't even know what the internet is or anything...

But yes, IT can mean a whole lot of things. And even within game development access to custom hardware could change a lot. And of course the big variable, whether where you live is conducive to working from home at all, which California is certainly not well known for being.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2021-07-03 at 09:52 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Global Pandemic.
    Battle for Azeroth. Warlords of Draenor. Cataclysm.

All bad. No Pandemic excuse. The Pandemic is just an excuse to fall back on. I’m sure it had a small effect, but WoW is all digital. They can do a lot of that work from home.

@OP no 9.1 is one of the worst patches ever right up there with Visions of N’Zoth.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-03 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sometimes you need a little positivity on the forums, though?
    Well, when people complain about a ton of stuff, they are told "lul but blizzard ain't your pals, they are a company trying to make money", and i agree. But this works both ways. They did their job for a product you paid, and you still pay monthly. They did what they should. Thanking them for doing the minimun expected from them sounds over the top there.

Thing is anyway, we all know here how these things work: hate it all, or lick boots to oblivion and beyond. I find it pretty cool someone is enjoying the new patch, and i supported that positivity. At least that's the way i see things, and just my opinion. To each it's own, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

All bad. No Pandemic excuse. The Pandemic is just an excuse to fall back on. I’m sure it had a small effect, but WoW is all digital. They can do a lot of that work from home.

@OP no 9.1 is one of the worst patches ever right up there with Visions of N’Zoth.
    Listen, just because they were bad expansions doesn't mean they've suffered as many setbacks as Shadowlands does. Does Shadowlands have conceptual issues? Definitely. But can we just say "work online lol"? There's many more factors than simply getting the code in. They would've also suffered communications and logistical errors. There's a lot more to worry about than just doing the work on assets and programming.

the duality of MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm enjoying 9.1. It reminds me a lot of 5.1 and 5.2. With many rares to farm, a lot of new collectibles, Mythic + fixes that were well needed, interesting quests and storyline, and on Tuesday we get a great new raid with the confrontation with the quality and hype along the lines of finally fighting Garrosh and Arthas and a new mega dungeon which are always fun. The Tyrande cinematic was superb! To the haters of 9.1, I don't see where your hate is steaming from at all. Thank you Blizzard. Keep up the good work!!
    Should I take the bite? Ok, I will.

Erm.... How do you know we're getting HQ raid?

Fighting Garrosh? Arthas? Are you talking about 9.1? Or....? xD

Tyrande/Sylvanas cinematic was good as in design. But the STORY IT SELF- beyond stupid.

Rest? - lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

Unpopular opinion here:

Cataclysm was great expansion!

WOD = well... can't defend that 1. AT LEAST we had better class designs, no endless systems and superb raids!

BFA = I actually believe BFA WOULD BE GREAT expansion IF ONLY we had better game "philosophy":
    1. no azerite neck/traits/essences/corruptions.
    2. MOP class design.
    3. pvp and pve gear vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    1. no azerite neck/traits/essences/corruptions.
    2. MOP class design.
    3. pvp and pve gear vendors.
    So you want literally nothing besides new gear every patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Eight months.
    This would explain everything about you. You were born before fully developing.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by hortrorog View Post
    So you want literally nothing besides new gear every patch?
    Nope. That's your twisted point of view. Or maybe just trying to degenerate my post.

From new patch raid/dungeon? Yes, I just want new gear, list of BIS items and no 50+++ ilvls inflation.

From patch it self- new zone, new rep, new story, new outside activities, new BGs, new Duns, new scenarios, new profession stuff.... there could be 98743572947239 things they could think about or add into game.
    But why would they? People can get that in 1-2-3 months... And then they can even ignore logging in for 5-10-15 days. BUT THEY WOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THEIR PROGRESS AND THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS!

People are EXTREMELY UNHAPPY and are slowly getting overwhelmed/fed up with COUNTLESS systems, upon systems, upon systems, upon systems....

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Nope. That's your twisted point of view. Or maybe just trying to degenerate my post.

From new patch raid/dungeon? Yes, I just want new gear, list of BIS items and no 50+++ ilvls inflation.

From patch it self- new zone, new rep, new story, new outside activities, new BGs, new Duns, new scenarios, new profession stuff.... there could be 98743572947239 things they could think about or add into game.
    But why would they? People can get that in 1-2-3 months... And then they can even ignore logging in for 5-10-15 days. BUT THEY WOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THEIR PROGRESS AND THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS!

People are EXTREMELY UNHAPPY and are slowly getting overwhelmed/fed up with COUNTLESS systems, upon systems, upon systems, upon systems....
    Most of that new staff you listed have been added nearly every major patch for some time now. But what do you want their purpose to be? Gear for alts and vanity items?

I'm honestly glad that you (and others) are enjoying the patch. It's great that the content is resonating with you, and that you like the direction that the narrative has taken.

It's not my cup of tea, but not everything needs to be. The fact that you like it makes it money well spent for you. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Considering Ghostcrawler himself mentioned the site a few times while he was still with Blizzard, you'd be off the mark on this one.
    Close to a decade ago? When this site had a large user-base? A LOT has changed in the last 10 years, especially around here. I mean even in the last 6 months, visits to this website have dropped nearly 50%, and even using the data from 6 months ago, that is a tiny fraction of the its peak.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-04 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Global Pandemic.
    Game development is probably the best profession if you are forced into home office. The problem might be that Blizzard pays its employees so little money that they have to live in cars. Might be hard to get your homeoffice started in a backseat. Also there was no pandemic in WoD or BFA.

WHAT DA FUCK IS GOING ON?

I just did a covenant assault in the maw and only got 33% of the weekly quest to get renown.
    And....i fuck not with you...i looted a chest in Korthia and only got 1%...ONE PERCENT!?!?! Of the quest done for renown.

Im malding...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm enjoying 9.1. It reminds me a lot of 5.1 and 5.2. With many rares to farm, a lot of new collectibles, Mythic + fixes that were well needed, interesting quests and storyline, and on Tuesday we get a great new raid with the confrontation with the quality and hype along the lines of finally fighting Garrosh and Arthas and a new mega dungeon which are always fun. The Tyrande cinematic was superb! To the haters of 9.1, I don't see where your hate is steaming from at all. Thank you Blizzard. Keep up the good work!!
    I'm glad for you. Seeing as how you will be doing that !@#$ for at least seven more months, if 9.0 to 9.1 is any hint, it's probably a great thing that you find Maw 2.0 that pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Close to a decade ago? When this site had a large user-base? A LOT has changed in the last 10 years, especially around here. I mean even in the last 6 months, visits to this website have dropped nearly 50%, and even using the data from 6 months ago, that is a tiny fraction of the its peak.
    I mean, people still remember website names like thottbot. Not sure why you'd think it would just be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, people still remember website names like thottbot. Not sure why you'd think it would just be forgotten.
    Your logic was "ghost crawler spoke about the website" - my response is that he left the company close to a decade ago (iirc) and the times you are referencing could easily have been much earlier than that. When he spoke about this website, it was huge, very popular, and one of the main websites the community came to - this is absolutely NOT the case now - it is an extremely tiny group of people, and the decline of the site has been mentioned by many, and can be seen by any website that tracks views. There are casual privately run discords with a far more involved and influential user-base than this site.

Your thottbot comparison is far more accurate than you know, and the fact that is the website you choose to compare mmo-c to is surprisingly accurate and self aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.