Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    HOTS is not dead, aram queues are almost instant every time i que

HOTS is one of the most fun games i played, blizz probably decided HOTS failed because it wasnt as popular as dota and LoL, but HOTS is different from those games, i never liked them, hots is casual and FUN not tedious like dota and LoL

Enough people have already said it but

Nope.
    Still the most fun game for me to play. Still has streamers you can watch. Still has community esports. Still has WTF moments on youtube. Still has those of us who love it.

People will play HOTS the day they add items and let you feed off bad players

10+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't dead per say, but my God is it ever in a worse state than it ever has been.

If you want simple games like vs AI, Quick Match, and ARAM, you're set. But if you want
    a good Ranked experience, you are barking up the wrong tree. It's a complete and total
    disaster plagued with smurfs, toxicity, and completely imbalanced matchmaking. Honestly
    it's exactly as bad as Overwatch's is.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    who knows

Blizzard killed a perfectly FUN Game just because it wasnt making Billions. Thats the sad fucking Reality. The Game had good Chance to grow since its a more Unique attempt at Moba

Idiots ruling at Blizzard destroyed that
    Honestly, Blizzard is to blame for any of the failings of HotS. The game isn't bad, but they never decided what exactly the wanted to do with it from even before its launch. They kept trying to make it something more.

There are times where you can blame the failings of a game on the fanbase (overhype not directly caused by the developers for example), but Blizzard just made weird choices.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Games like HotS, WC3 and Starcraft are not dead but heavily neglected by Blizzard. They will always have a rather small community that fills in the matches while Blizzard occasionally updates something small.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not dead but they seem to have stopped releasing heroes atm which isn't a good sign. they also said in an earlier interview they were looking at bringing back haunted mines but STILL NO WORD ON THAT.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    its not dead but they seem to have stopped releasing heroes atm which isn't a good sign. they also said in an earlier interview they were looking at bringing back haunted mines but STILL NO WORD ON THAT.
    That comment was made a long time ago. The general assumption is that since then, most or all of the software engineers on the game have been moved to triage Blizzard's other projects. And considering the type of bugs with Haunted Mines (heroes with transformations get stuck underground, like DVa mech/pilot, Alex dragonform, Deathwing flight etc), you'd probably need an actual engineer to fix it. Ergo, not likely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, i've changed my mind. HOTS is actually alive, unlike the Titanfall where works only 2 devs.

Dead? Nooooo.... i guess not. I really love Hots. So much more fun than the ego-parties of dota and lol.

But Blizzard expected more from it. So they decided to let i die a slow death.
    And you can feel it. Queues get worse and worse even in QM over months.

I don't think i was ever as dissapointed in blizz than the day the decided to kill Hots. I really liked. And it will never be as big as Dota or lol. Came in way to late and doesn't stroke the ego of the player as much as the other two do. Community was so much better than any other Moba. (still toxic in parts but hell its a moba after all)

Jokes on Blizz in the end i guess. Because they are apparantly not able to create new stuff anymore. I believe hots was profitable. F2P with ingame shops are always profitable. So they lost the revenue from that game while not getting anything else in return.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    You know, i've changed my mind. HOTS is actually alive
    What's this? Never thought I'd see this lol. I'm unfamiliar with this coming from you.
    Deso 2.0 reboot inc.
    <3

Aww, haunted mines was such a cool map. One of my favorites. Would be nice to have it back. They can take Hanamura away, I hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    What's this? Never thought I'd see this lol. I'm unfamiliar with this coming from you.
    Deso 2.0 reboot inc.
    <3
    Rather consider it in term of. "There is far more games in worse states than HOTS"

Can you still play it?
    Does it still have players?
    Does it still receive updates?

Yes? Then no, it's not fucking "dead".

I guess it depends on what you want out of the game, if all you do is QM or ARAM, then no it isn't dead by a long shot, the queues are near instantaneous in those game modes, with the exception being whenever they release a new hero every one in a blue moon then it might be a bit congested for people who all want to try the new hero.

If you seek a game with a healthy ranked community, HOTS probably aint the place to look for it.

What's the different between waiting 30 seconds with 100k players in the game versus waiting 30 seconds for a game with 1k?

Does the number of people in queue really determine weather or not a game is dead? If you can log on and find a match within minutes, the game is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxgrim View Post
    Is it a healthy game? No. Since you can't beat LoL and Dota2 and apparently no moba is "healthy" unless it's closing in on those two. But in no way dead.
    It's like the reverse of every new MMO having to measure up to WoWs sub numbers within a year or be considered "dead." This time Blizz happens to be the underdog.

15+ Year Old Account
    Queue's are longer. People still play. I haven't played for a few month's like. My time investment died with HOTS 2.0 release. I had nothing to do anymore since it was all loot box bullshit. Prior to that I was grinding every character to level 10 and getting their master skins. Instead of reinvigerating the game, it killed it for me.

Then they cut it off as an esport and I couldn't even watch it anymore even if I wasn't playing...
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-07-16 at 03:35 PM.

I used to spend about 10 bucks a month on this game until the lootboxes came, then I got everything for free.

It might be dead to Blizzard

but it's still the best MOBA available by a long shot