Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The more awful, the more possible for WoW lore.

Sylvanas becomes Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    There's good creative design and there's bad creative design. Just because both are creative doesn't mean we need accept both.
    Depends on what you are gauging as good and bad.

Ultimately creative designs are going to be subjectively valued. Look at Mists of Pandaria - It's absolutely love and hate depending on who you're talking to. There's no 'Good creative design' and 'Bad creative design' behind Mists of Pandaria (in terms of creativity, not quality of content). Seeing it as good meant you enjoyed it and were open to the new exotic flavours it provided, and bad meant you have no interest in Warcraft taking a step in that direction as an expansion.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-15 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Depends on what you are gauging as good and bad.

Ultimately creative designs are going to be subjectively valued. Look at Mists of Pandaria - It's absolutely love and hate depending on who you're talking to. There's no 'Good creative design' and 'Bad creative design' behind Mists of Pandaria (in terms of creativity, not quality of content). Seeing it as good meant you enjoyed it and were open to the new exotic flavours it provided, and bad meant you have no interest in Warcraft taking a step in that direction as an expansion.
    Yes, but none of it was made up by the players. Beloren suggests implementing whatever players come up with because it's creative design.

Sylvanas turns into a new thing, the Shark Warrior. She rides around on a shark and jumps over people.

it's so dumb I can actually see it happening considering how talentless WoW writers are lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    Hello I work for blizzard and you're hired
    LMFAO this is gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

This is the best possible idea..

I'm serious it would be hilarious. Can we send Sylvanas to th seat of the pantheon next expansion to power up even more to fight the void gods? (She got so strong that she killed the void lord's off screen in the lull between xpacts)

Yes, but none of it was made up by the players. Beloren suggests implementing whatever players come up with because it's creative design.
    Beloren did not suggest implementing whatever players come up with because it's creative design. He merely pointed out that outlandish fan ideas are no better or worse than what Blizzard already implements in the lore. The best fan work can rival that of Blizzard's, and the worst fan idea can be outmatched by Blizzard just the same. And any fans criticizing the fan ideas don't understand the lore in the game right now is no better than some of the crazy fan theories out right now, regardless of being intentionally good or bad.

That doesn't mean he's suggesting Blizzard to take fan ideas and make it lore, you've actually added that part yourself.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-15 at 07:07 PM.

Beloren did not suggest implementing whatever players come up with because it's creative design. He merely pointed out that outlandish fan ideas are no better or worse than what Blizzard already implements in the lore. The best fan work can rival that of Blizzard's, and the worst fan idea can be outmatched by Blizzard just the same. And any fans criticizing the fan ideas don't understand the lore in the game right now is no better than some of the crazy fan theories out right now, regardless of being intentionally good or bad.

That doesn't mean he's suggesting Blizzard to take fan ideas and make it lore, you've actually added that part yourself.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I'm not against player's idea.
    It can be extremely interesting sometimes.
    But, when they butcher the lore for the sake of their vision, it irritates me.

But, when they butcher the lore for the sake of their vision, it irritates me.
    Except when you do it, right?

Like implying Shadow Hunters are Paladins because they 'walk in the light'?

Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-15 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Or, maybe Sylvanas becomes the Night Warrior and she remembers she is the avatar of Azeroth herself but had forgotten.
    That's beautiful. Sylvanas being the chosen instrument to bring order back to the universe would complete her story so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Nothing blizzard do should surprise anyone.

This is why I laugh at people who criticise some of the more outlandish suggestions by fans.

If you e been around this franchise long enough you’d realise anything is impossible and almost any new things blizz does would have been branded ridiculous or impossible by fans if it was suggested first in a forum.

Some sadly just don’t get what imagination is or creative writing. Not realising everything about this game they live is exactly that
    The cinematic at the end of the Raid was 50% predicted in a fan comic from BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The cinematic at the end of the Raid was 50% predicted in a fan comic from BFA.
    Man I'd love to see that if you have a link

Man I'd love to see that if you have a link
    https://external-preview.redd.it/qLQ...=webp&7bad7317

Only she failed to kill him.

If you notice all the complaints are based on that comic. Because in the cannon no one said that it she is good now.

Except when you do it, right?

Like implying Shadow Hunters are Paladins because they 'walk in the light'?

No. I'm just showing you how ridiculous some of your comparisons are. Like Sentinels, Huntresses and Night Warriors being Paladins.

If you notice all the complaints are based on that comic. Because in the cannon no one said that it she is good now.
    The link doesn't work.

No. I'm just showing you how ridiculous some of your comparisons are. Like Sentinels, Huntresses and Night Warriors being Paladins.
    Honestly no more ridiculous than Sun Druids and Dinosaur Worshippers being Paladins.

You just think it's ridiculous because a fan is driving the narrative for a change in the lore to accomodate a new idea, and you're resistant against the mere idea of fans influencing WoW. I think that's the crux of it.

Cuz it's always okay when you do it, but when someone else does it it's ridiculous :P
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-16 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Or, maybe Sylvanas becomes the Night Warrior and she remembers she is the avatar of Azeroth herself but had forgotten.
    What I hate about this is that I can ABSOLUTELY see Blizzard doing something this dumb with the story.

Honestly no more ridiculous than Sun Druids and Dinosaur Worshippers being Paladins.
    No. The idea of a Night elf Paladin is not ridiculous. They already exist in the form of Delas Moonfang, Nerus Moonfang, Alynblaze and the Eternal Champions. What they don't ridiculously have are glaives and agility. Same way how Sunnwalkers and Prelates conform the idea of a Paladin class. They wield a two hander (or a one with shield) and usually wear plate. They are not agile all of the sudden, just because they're trolls for example, or wield totems because they're Tauren.

You just think it's ridiculous because a fan is driving the narrative for a change in the lore to accomodate a new idea, and you're resistant against the mere idea of fans influencing WoW. I think that's the crux of it.
    No. I think it's ridiculous because you didn't stop to think "well, are there Night elf Paladins in the lore already?" if there weren't, i would be more embracing. But, you just want to dump what Blizzard has establish for the sake of your own ideas. If Night elves get a special Paladin gameplay, so should Sunwalkers and Templars.

Cuz it's always okay when you do it, but when someone else does it it's ridiculous :P
    I take lore into consideration most of the times.

It's so awful that it's awesome!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._who_wants_to/