10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And honestly given the WFT's situation, they might be trying to avoid stirring up a buy-and-move hornet's nest.
    Related to that, the Broncos are likely being sold at some point in the near future, and NFL Owners expect that sale to DWARF the Carolina sale and push average Team value into the 8 to 10 BILLION worth, mostly pushed by gambling rights.

If the average team is worth 8-10 billion, the Cowboys are probably worth like 20 or more. That's crazy.

Washington given it's history, place in the most desirable division, and fruitful local market would probably set records too, just like the Broncos.

But, Snyder getting away with it, so a sale highly unlikely now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Paul Allen died people were saying the Seahawks could sell for 5-7b. Holding out a few years doubled if not tripled that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Related to that, the Broncos are likely being sold at some point in the near future, and NFL Owners expect that sale to DWARF the Carolina sale and push average Team value into the 8 to 10 BILLION worth, mostly pushed by gambling rights.

If the average team is worth 8-10 billion, the Cowboys are probably worth like 20 or more. That's crazy.

Washington given it's history, place in the most desirable division, and fruitful local market would probably set records too, just like the Broncos.

But, Snyder getting away with it, so a sale highly unlikely now.
    Desirable division but I'd argue the market and stadium aren't positives. And with the name situation being in flux as well. Makes them an easy buy and move target would probably be the first serious "could the team be moved" sale since the Bills.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

To think the Bills sold for 1.4 billion in 2014.

Edit: Which was a new record.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-07-02 at 04:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Desirable division but I'd argue the market and stadium aren't positives. And with the name situation being in flux as well.
    I’d argue the lack of name is enticing, allows the new owner a clean slate for branding without having to alienate old fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Franchise Tag deadline to agree to long term deal is approaching. It's on Thursday. Already some players/teams indicating that there will be no long term deal reached, including S Marcus Maye from the Jets and WR Allen Robinson at the Bears.

10 players got tagged, but I'm not exactly sure who got a long term deal since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints did well to get their 5th year guys extended/restructured, but Marcus Williams is still working on the tag, hopefully an extension can happen there.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints did well to get their 5th year guys extended/restructured, but Marcus Williams is still working on the tag, hopefully an extension can happen there.
    Safety though. Safeties have been getting paid more lately, but they are still the Running Backs of the defense where it comes to getting paid beyond their Rookie Deal.

NFL is a tough business when they think they can replace you for cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Safety though. Safeties have been getting paid more lately, but they are still the Running Backs of the defense where it comes to getting paid beyond their Rookie Deal.

NFL is a tough business when they think they can replace you for cheaper.
    Saints paid Kamara so they clearly don't follow valuation rules.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the Jets' guy was given an offer for less than the tag, and less than several teams said they'd be willing to offer in Free Agency.

In case we forgot the Jets are dysfunction junction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been following the Richard Sherman shit today. Super sad, but hes really lucky nobody was killed. Hopefully he gets some help after this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Yeah it’s really messed up, sounds like he was driving drunk, hit a barrier, drove away and abandoned his car, then tried to break into his in laws who were holding him off with pepper spray. Police were called and he resisted arrest so they had to sic a dog on him and the dog bit his leg as officers tackled him.

Feels like he needs a couple weeks in jail and then a lot of help.
    Sounds like that scene in the wire when he tries to take a hard turn while drunk, fails miserably and smashes his car, then angrily turns around to try again.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He pled not guilty while also saying he was remorseful… which literally means he felt deeply guilty.
    Probably to plea so they drop some of the extraneous charges. Police are like insurance companies which are like barters - they start high expecting to meetin the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Probably to plea so they drop some of the extraneous charges. Police are like insurance companies which are like barters - they start high expecting to meetin the middle.
    Yep its pretty standard.

Missed it in the Sherman news, but Dwayne Haskins allegedly got assaulted by his wife while they were in Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Missed it in the Sherman news, but Dwayne Haskins allegedly got assaulted by his wife while they were in Vegas.
    And lost a tooth. xD

@Northerngoblin What is it with people and Vegas...?

And lost a tooth. xD

@Northerngoblin What is it with people and Vegas...?
    That shit is supposed to stay in Vegas, lol.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

15+ Year Old Account
    What is it about female on male violence that always makes it a joke? You’d think it’s cause men are generally bigger, stronger and tougher, but if a WNBA player gave Kevin hart (or some other small guy you don’t have reasons to dislike) a pair of black eyes he’d still be the one getting roasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    What is it about female on male violence that always makes it a joke?
    The joke here was purely on Dwayne Haskins being the fringe NFL talent making headlines for the wrong reasons again. I've not seen a positive Dwayne Haskins headline since he got drafted.

Nothing to do with the altercation being with his wife. That's honestly the sad part of it, not the funny one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. MNF is going to have a second stream now on ESPN 2 & Plus with... Peyton and Eli as your hosts.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...00440941363203

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning are basically going to do a take over of Monday Night Football broadcasts on ESPN. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...00440941363203

Going to guess instead of the tradional play by play & color guy, it;s the Manning brothers show start to finish, and they just get to talk about the game however they wish, without the restrictions of what have come to expect.

This might actually change football commentating as we know it, or it will blow up spectacularly, hard to tell which. Definitely checking out the first broadcast to see what it's like.