Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Class order halls were too homogeneous. They didn't let the different orders of a certain class shine. I don't want to see, for example, the Night Elves as a homogeneous race. I want to see the different orders being represented: the Highborne, the Priestesses of the Moon, the Wardens, the Cenarion Circle and perhaps even the Illidari.
    Off course, this sort of thing will be the opportunity to flesh out all those aspects and visit groups we've heard nothign from.

Moon Priestesses, Moonguard, Farondis highborne, the new Darnassian Highborne that joined, and the ones that were formally Highborne and returned to it when the Shen'dralar returned.

The Illidari and how they are involved with the night elves they obviously are and care about. etc

Quote Originally Posted by LCSscallywag View Post
    Was just talking with the wife about this. Here's our take:

It was mentioned time works differently in the Shadowlands. So whenever this xpac is done and we return to Azeroth, its been like 3000 years or something.
    It seems to work the other way around. While a lot of time would seem to pass in the Shadowlands, only a fraction would have passed on Azeroth (Example: Jaina's sense of being locked up in the Maw for eternity while she was only there for a short while).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    The Illidari are not a Night elven organization, or tied to any faction whatsoever. They are as meltin pot as it gets with the Coilfang, the Broken and the matrons. Reducing them to Kaldorei is naive at best.
    Ok, i get it.
    But, i do wanna see the hatred towards them from Night elven society and the Wardens hunting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    The Illidari is not a Night Elf story. Night Elves represent only 1/5 of the organization.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Zone control system revamp. Warfront style zone events to decide which of the zones competing factions (NOT Horde vs Alliance, but zone specific factions) gets control over it for a day. WF style in so far as it involves PvE and PvP activities. Those WF style activties are not instanced.
    I like it.
    Warsong vs Sentinels in Ashenvale, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    #
    Yes, so do I, I wanna see the Farstriders, the Magisters, what became of the Wretched (prob recovering addicts proper), the Blood knights, the priesthood, I want to see how the Illidari Belves are doing.

I want drama in Quel'thalas, there is complexity and diversity in the relations between blood elves and high elves especially since we see different factions of high elves - some pro blood elves but retaining their high elf identity, some anti-blood elf and where that all leads.

I want to see new threats like the Amani, Ethereals, even naga come into play and especially the San'layn - Iw oudl love the san'layn to be an enemy blood elf faction, but actually have some of them on our side, kinda like vampires in True blood and Vampire Diary series, or even twilight where you have a few that are actually not hating of their normal counterparts and wont' try to destroy them.

There is so much you can do.

Thalassian elves have a legacy as rich as the night elves and they are more connected to the main Azeroth politics than night elves should be, it's a waste to see them not shown a lot more given how popular they are.

Blood elves should have had some serious magical advancements with anima and blood magic, I want to see more of that, and what it means, i want to see them flesh out the sun symbolism, how blood elves connect to the power of the sun and how it became a symbol seeing the kaldorei connected to the power oft he stars and the moon and still do, so maybe it comes from that.

The phoenix is a huge symbol of the Thalassians as is the unicorn, yet we only have the Hawkstrider, I want to se more of that wonder. yes i know the high elves will probably be more the unicorn type, but since some of them are in the Sunwell plateau we should experience that too.

Above that a new Silvermoon, I want Silvermoon to look better than Suramar, I'm still half concerned that blizzard might decide o give the alliance void and high elves Silvermoon and let us keep Suramar, - ideally they should give the night elves an amazing new capital so they never want any of ours ( I support a Zin'Azshari remake if that's what it takes), and give the void elves one of their own too so they would never covet the new Silvermoon. but failing that I'd next prefer the elves to share.. so night elves and nightborne in Suramar, then Thalassians working it out in Quel'thalas, , failing that, if it has to be one faction gets one, and the other the other, I'd rather the night elves get Suramar and we get the updated Silvermoon that has room for the nightborne.. at all costs I don't want the alliance to get Silvermoon in exchange for Suramar.. or worse case scenario they take the majority of the elves over to the alliance, including Silvermoon and Suramar, and re-invent the blood elves and nightborne. That would be like doing to us what they did to the night elves, and i have to ask if its worth it.. (*and yes I read Ravenmoon's proposal on fixing the alliance - and no matter how much sense it makes, it's just not a path I would enjoy, and i don't think a lot of blood elf fans would like it anymore than Nelves loved losing Darnassus and Teldrassil.
    Didn't have the energy to read it all, but i would suggest emphasizing the Magisters, Blood Knights, Farstriders, and the relationship between the 3 sisters. Kael'thas should come back, to be honest. He was a true Blood elf.

It seems to work the other way around. While a lot of time would seem to pass in the Shadowlands, only a fraction would have passed on Azeroth (Example: Jaina's sense of being locked up in the Maw for eternity while she was only there for a short while).
    Good point. Counterpoint: It wouldn't be the first time Blizz retconned something just to have it make sense in the next xpac

The Illidari is not a Night Elf story. Night Elves represent only 1/5 of the organization.
    @Jackstraw - some clarification here:
    Illidari is a night elf story as much as druids are. (that is heavily influenced and led)

Illidari are the night elf version demon huntery, just like druidism is mainly night elven druidism (other types exist now, but this was the first), while even magecraft originates form night elf magecraft, they at least they gave night elven /nightborne magecraft a more distinctive edge with it's star and moon magic style, allowing the current version of magecraft for most races to be a Thalassian driven thing, but it's derived from the night elves even if it is not modelled on their race entirely since it is missing any stellar and lunar magic.

And it doesn't matter if night elves are 1/5, 1/10th / 1/2 or 3/4s of the Illidari, the elves - night and blood are the Illidari leaders, and amongst the two the night elves are the more senior - even if it is canonically a blood elf demon hunter hero, which I don't think it is, i think it's a night elf demon hunter class leader canonically.

WE know that you play a night elf or blood elf that while Illidari helps with your race and faction matters..at the end of the day, the Night elf demon hunter if that was you, helped with all the darkshore stuff against the horde, and prior to legion, all the demon hunters we saw helping questers in TBC, Cata Felwood, Cata Blasted Lands, are all night elven. This means that the leadership is skewed heavily towards night elves and it is night elves that lead the class, just like they do the druids and the Order of Elune.

So , it is in regards to the night elf story that you would probably see most of the demon hunter stuff show up, not the blood elves, just like most of the Ebon Blade story for DKs will likely show up with the Forsaken/undead story even though they are not part of the Forsaken faction, - it's just the story theme they are tied to.

I think night elf fans would be gutted if they push the demon hunters more towards the blood elves or any other race..but blizzard can do what they want, it's their IP and their invention - but to be honest, I would really boost the involvement of the badass groups associated with the night elves, and the two most powerful are the

1. Demon hunters
    2. Moonguard
    3. Farondis

That are currently not known to be involved with the Darnassian groups.. i would bring them in big time. Everyone really loved Farondis, and the Moonguard were well admired for their portrayal, even in defeat they looked very powerful and skillful, and the demon hunters are notorious for being apex predators at the best of the best. The night elves need that level of pedigree more involved with them, not apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, i get it.
    But, i do wanna see the hatred towards them from Night elven society and the Wardens hunting them.
    that's counter the direction of Legion, which shows a degree of acceptance and corporation.

The story of the demon hunters is based on night elves thinking Illidan betrayed them as a legion agent, now the truth is out, Illidan was never with teh legion and was always working to destroy them, and we all relied on the demon hunters to destroy them.. they are definitely not enemies nor betrayers,

Tyrande vouches for them in Legion, and they are there with us all the way to Argus.. why would the Wardens start hunting them again? Maiev has gone past her hatred of both arcane (which is how Legion expansion happened -and she must realise this if you read the audio book (or listen).. and we see Maiev gain a level of tolerance, she is even posturing with Illidan by the time we get to 7.2, she knows this guy isn't what she thought he was.

The whole point of the wardens letting them go is the realisation that actually they may have been working against the legion, and deciding to take a leap of faith in them which they reward with their effectiveness against the legion.

To go back tot he wardens hunting them would be like going back to the ban on the arcane again, it would take the night elves back to pre WC3 RoC legion invasion where they are in the long vigil and everything magical is banned, and they still think demon hunters are evil.

It won't work.

What I want to see is how they have to accept they were wrong, and what this means. The demon hunters show that handling the most corruptive magic around, doesn't ultimately corrupt he soul if the wielder is strong willed enough. the magic does scar the body, but these guys aren't evil fuckers like the demons they destroy, they wrestle with their internal demons and triumph to do what is needed.. I want to see how Kaldorei society views this post legion.

Imo, i think demon hunters would have a duality, both great admiration but also not wanting them to "hang around".. I think they won't be invited openly to live and dwell amongst their kin, but they'd be revered and admired from afar.. They would notice this, but they won't care that much, having been use for millennia to their race not liking them. While the new state of affairs is a change, they would also know that fel is not the place for normal society and would stay away more so for that than the un easy looks they get.

in addition, they would attract a lot of young Night elves having survived Teldrassil burning with vengeance and admiration too . no one would want their sons to join the Illidari, because of the terrible price it would take on them, but yet for some of these nelves, there is no other way, and Illidan is a huge "underground"/ "unspoken" hero especially amongst the non-druid and no-priest elves.

With not a few priestesses having a bit of a crush/boner for their bad boy ways (echoing Tyrande).

The story of the demon hunter is that they're not evil, but their race mis-understood them greatly, now revelation has come, they were right in virtually everything, including restoring the well, .. Legion has huge implications for the night elves that BFA just basically ignored and still need to be explored. There would be an impression and attitude shift that would basically bring the greatest leap in the night elves returning to their pre-sundering perfect balance days..the days before Azshara's addiction, when arcane, nature and Elune were in balance, because the well would be free to use, the stigma gone, the realisation the legion wasn't after the well afterall, and it was not their power that was to blame for Azeroth being targeted, but the legion was already searching for her for cosmic reasons now revealed.

This shifts a lot, a lot of guilt and blame, and reticence, shunning the arcane loving part of themselves (for the night elves that do) it would change things. It wouldn't mean that night elves become an arcane society like in the days of Azshara.. that imbalance will never return because they are no longer that impressed by what the arcane does, having done it all before and also know where imbalance will lead. Their evolving society would be far more balanced now. Priests would remain priests, druids druids, and mages mages based on what their talents are, and some will be drawn to the Illidari.

No Azshara to entice everyone over tot he arcane, and lessons of hubris learned.. their campaign would have to reflect this and show this.
    @Jackstraw @Owen burton
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-07-20 at 07:03 PM.

End of faction restrictions, end of race-class restrictions.

Or did you mean storywise ?

I guess like everybody. More focus on Azeroth. But still alternate with dives in the cosmology.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    @Jackstraw - some clarification here:
    Illidari is a night elf story as much as druids are. (that is heavily influenced and led)

Illidari are the night elf version demon huntery, just like druidism is mainly night elven druidism (other types exist now, but this was the first), while even magecraft originates form night elf magecraft, they at least they gave night elven /nightborne magecraft a more distinctive edge with it's star and moon magic style, allowing the current version of magecraft for most races to be a Thalassian driven thing, but it's derived from the night elves even if it is not modelled on their race entirely since it is missing any stellar and lunar magic.

And it doesn't matter if night elves are 1/5, 1/10th / 1/2 or 3/4s of the Illidari, the elves - night and blood are the Illidari leaders, and amongst the two the night elves are the more senior - even if it is canonically a blood elf demon hunter hero, which I don't think it is, i think it's a night elf demon hunter class leader canonically.

WE know that you play a night elf or blood elf that while Illidari helps with your race and faction matters..at the end of the day, the Night elf demon hunter if that was you, helped with all the darkshore stuff against the horde, and prior to legion, all the demon hunters we saw helping questers in TBC, Cata Felwood, Cata Blasted Lands, are all night elven. This means that the leadership is skewed heavily towards night elves and it is night elves that lead the class, just like they do the druids and the Order of Elune.

So , it is in regards to the night elf story that you would probably see most of the demon hunter stuff show up, not the blood elves, just like most of the Ebon Blade story for DKs will likely show up with the Forsaken/undead story even though they are not part of the Forsaken faction, - it's just the story theme they are tied to.

I think night elf fans would be gutted if they push the demon hunters more towards the blood elves or any other race..but blizzard can do what they want, it's their IP and their invention - but to be honest, I would really boost the involvement of the badass groups associated with the night elves, and the two most powerful are the

1. Demon hunters
    2. Moonguard
    3. Farondis

That are currently not known to be involved with the Darnassian groups.. i would bring them in big time. Everyone really loved Farondis, and the Moonguard were well admired for their portrayal, even in defeat they looked very powerful and skillful, and the demon hunters are notorious for being apex predators at the best of the best. The night elves need that level of pedigree more involved with them, not apart.
    Or - both Night Elves and Blood Elves get Demon Hunter story? I mean, you'd scream from the hill-tops if Humans and Blood Elves were the only main races to command the Mage story, since it was mainly Humans and Blood Elves involved with the Mage Order Hall.

Every race should get something.

I mean, you might not like it, but Blizzard made Kayn Sunfury the canon Demon Hunter who appears in Azsuna. He, by lore standards, is the Illidari's first champion. Altrius was probably for those who wanted the Illidari to feel more "Night Elfy" than actually "Illidari" since Illidan doesn't actually like this night elf demon hunter.

And the Ebon Blade story will NOT heavily involve the Forsaken. Why - because the Ebon Blade dealt the dirty on the Forsaken when they rescuded Koltira from the Undercity.
    Their is no love between the Ebon Blade faction and the Forsaken.

Indeed, the Ebon Blade only had that one instance in Legion where they were involved in the affairs of Lordaeron's Capital City. Aside from that, their main stories have involved the Kirin Tor and the Argent Dawn.

#
    Yes, so do I, I wanna see the Farstriders, the Magisters, what became of the Wretched (prob recovering addicts proper), the Blood knights, the priesthood, I want to see how the Illidari Belves are doing.

I want drama in Quel'thalas, there is complexity and diversity in the relations between blood elves and high elves especially since we see different factions of high elves - some pro blood elves but retaining their high elf identity, some anti-blood elf and where that all leads.

I want to see new threats like the Amani, Ethereals, even naga come into play and especially the San'layn - Iw oudl love the san'layn to be an enemy blood elf faction, but actually have some of them on our side, kinda like vampires in True blood and Vampire Diary series, or even twilight where you have a few that are actually not hating of their normal counterparts and wont' try to destroy them.
    I reckon a San'layn story should actually be given to the Night Elves and have them explore something that is extremely abhorrent to them. The Kaldorei/San'layn story in BFA was something I was not expecting to like, but Blizzard did write it quite well - I think their relation should go further.

As far as the Sin'dorei go - I would love to see their primary Horde defenders (Blood Knights, Magisters, Farstriders) have their time in the sun and be fleshed out, but also something relating to the Blood Elf Demon Hunters. These aren't "fel elves" or "elves of fel." They are Illidari - you can try and twist it on the grounds of them not looking like Night Elves (which is very racist), but the Sin'dorei Demon Hunters, my Demon Hunter, is an Illidari Demon Hunter. If Blood Elf Demon Hunters are "fel elves" then so are Night Elf Demon Hunters. It's not fair and it's totally racist to try and take the "demon hunter" out of the Sin'dorei and have them be something else, just because they don't have purple hair and purple skin.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-07-20 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    that's counter the direction of Legion, which shows a degree of acceptance and corporation.

The story of the demon hunters is based on night elves thinking Illidan betrayed them as a legion agent, now the truth is out, Illidan was never with teh legion and was always working to destroy them, and we all relied on the demon hunters to destroy them.. they are definitely not enemies nor betrayers,

Tyrande vouches for them in Legion, and they are there with us all the way to Argus.. why would the Wardens start hunting them again? Maiev has gone past her hatred of both arcane (which is how Legion expansion happened -and she must realise this if you read the audio book (or listen).. and we see Maiev gain a level of tolerance, she is even posturing with Illidan by the time we get to 7.2, she knows this guy isn't what she thought he was.

The whole point of the wardens letting them go is the realisation that actually they may have been working against the legion, and deciding to take a leap of faith in them which they reward with their effectiveness against the legion.

To go back tot he wardens hunting them would be like going back to the ban on the arcane again, it would take the night elves back to pre WC3 RoC legion invasion where they are in the long vigil and everything magical is banned, and they still think demon hunters are evil.

It won't work.

What I want to see is how they have to accept they were wrong, and what this means. The demon hunters show that handling the most corruptive magic around, doesn't ultimately corrupt he soul if the wielder is strong willed enough. the magic does scar the body, but these guys aren't evil fuckers like the demons they destroy, they wrestle with their internal demons and triumph to do what is needed.. I want to see how Kaldorei society views this post legion.

Imo, i think demon hunters would have a duality, both great admiration but also not wanting them to "hang around".. I think they won't be invited openly to live and dwell amongst their kin, but they'd be revered and admired from afar.. They would notice this, but they won't care that much, having been use for millennia to their race not liking them. While the new state of affairs is a change, they would also know that fel is not the place for normal society and would stay away more so for that than the un easy looks they get.

in addition, they would attract a lot of young Night elves having survived Teldrassil burning with vengeance and admiration too . no one would want their sons to join the Illidari, because of the terrible price it would take on them, but yet for some of these nelves, there is no other way, and Illidan is a huge "underground"/ "unspoken" hero especially amongst the non-druid and no-priest elves.

With not a few priestesses having a bit of a crush/boner for their bad boy ways (echoing Tyrande).

The story of the demon hunter is that they're not evil, but their race mis-understood them greatly, now revelation has come, they were right in virtually everything, including restoring the well, .. Legion has huge implications for the night elves that BFA just basically ignored and still need to be explored. There would be an impression and attitude shift that would basically bring the greatest leap in the night elves returning to their pre-sundering perfect balance days..the days before Azshara's addiction, when arcane, nature and Elune were in balance, because the well would be free to use, the stigma gone, the realisation the legion wasn't after the well afterall, and it was not their power that was to blame for Azeroth being targeted, but the legion was already searching for her for cosmic reasons now revealed.

This shifts a lot, a lot of guilt and blame, and reticence, shunning the arcane loving part of themselves (for the night elves that do) it would change things. It wouldn't mean that night elves become an arcane society like in the days of Azshara.. that imbalance will never return because they are no longer that impressed by what the arcane does, having done it all before and also know where imbalance will lead. Their evolving society would be far more balanced now. Priests would remain priests, druids druids, and mages mages based on what their talents are, and some will be drawn to the Illidari.

No Azshara to entice everyone over tot he arcane, and lessons of hubris learned.. their campaign would have to reflect this and show this.
    @Jackstraw @Owen burton
    1) They haven't accepted fel or demons into their society, as of yet, as can be seen by their lack of Warlocks.

2) Despite welcoming the Shen'dralar Highborne in Cataclysm back into their fold, Tyrande lashes out at Thalryssa and her race's actions during the sundering, therefore rejecting them from rejoining their society.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    End of faction restrictions
    Gameplay-wise only.

end of race-class restrictions.
    What? why?
    You want every race to be like how Death Knights and Monks didn't get any special lore behind everyone being able to be them?

I want them to scrap WoW, move on to a different IP, and fire all the garbage writers that are currently in charge of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I want them to scrap WoW, move on to a different IP, and fire all the garbage writers that are currently in charge of the story.
    Pretty radical for a guy who comments on a WoW forum.

I'd like to see a greater focus placed on Elves and Humans. They're the most popular picks and what the majority find interesting to play. I'm tired of niche races being pushed so hard when their in-game demographics place them as largely irrelevant.

Player housing. Or at least the equivalent of a Garrison but with more expanded and improved features, especially for decoration/furniture.

Less focus on 'social justice'. Some of the statements put out by employees on social media and those hired to write novels are utterly bizarre.

A new CEO. One who genuinely cares about video games.

I don't expect any of that to actually happen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I prefer stories that give us world development, instead of limited character arcs consuming most of the plot. Despite more cosmic layers being added on, the world maintains some level of status quo.

I understand realistically that the devs have limited hours they can allocate, but I hate that the BEs/Dranei are still on wrecked land for 10+ years when there is no real excuse as to why. The Tauren still struggle with quilboar and centaur, despite the Horde having the tech (since cata) to wipe them out. The gnomes and Worgen are still homeless when there was an opportunity to give them their homeland back to some capacity. Edgy Tyrande is cool and all but the fact there is so little about the actual aftermath of the war of thorns is crazy. Stormwind still has Westfall in purgatory. The sword stabbing Azeroth and her wounds we never actually healed. The dragons. Etc.

I know it's work for them, but it's what I want. Fuck Thrall, Jaina, and Sylvanas' feelings if it stunts the entire world's development.
    Indeed. This!

Isnt boizzard aware that a lot of us feel this way and want to see better world and race development?

Character development was exciting when classic was only about the world. But they switched to the other extreme without updating story arcs.

Not every race needs a grand arc. Some can be light. But the heavyweights are Humans, Thalassian elves (blood/high/void) , Night elf kind (night elves and Nightborne) and undead. Judging by player population closely followed by Orcs and trolls before a gap to Draenei, Tauren and dwarves.

But without a doubt if they made some of the lesser races nicer and more interesting they’d be more. Popular.

If they improved Nightborne and night elf models and showed more of that race’s other aspects instead just focusing on one hero. I’m sure they’d be as popular as blood elves

Can you imagine if half orca came and we had a partially lore relatable group of orcsninternixed with handsome half human features like Warcraft movie Garona - orc popularity would swell.

Sigh. But then when they ignore some of the best fantasy aspects of even their popular races, can the less popular ones have hope?

Gameplay-wise only.
    Yeah. For dungeons, questing, groups. No access to capitals, tho.

What? why?
    You want every race to be like how Death Knights and Monks didn't get any special lore behind everyone being able to be them?
    I just want to see neat druid forms and totems for everyone. Also, why should there be no lore about that ? Monk and DK get a minimum of lore about them.

Or - both Night Elves and Blood Elves get Demon Hunter story?.
    Correct. With only two playable races they can both afford to get their own separate stories as their races have dofferent challenges and views on the whole thing based on their history.

Whiles Raven may have elaborated on the night elf story. The blood elves can have one related to gaining the Outland fel elves and teritories of tuebLegion for the Illidari.

I can even see them dividing the territories. The night elf ones handling the Kalimdor and broken isle demon remnant while the Blood elves handling the Ek and Pandaren ones. And switching with each other when in faction teritories.

3+ Year Old Account
    A totally revamped Quel'Thalas for the Sin'dorei Horde players (and Horde players in general.)
    West Silvermoon could be rebuild with Nightborne style too considering they're pretty much brethren now; and the Windrunner Spire should get reappropriated now since all the three Windrunners are undesirables to the Sin'dorei

- - - Updated - - -

Broken Draenei Allied Race and Furbolg Core Race for the Alliance
    Alteraci Human Allied Race and Ogre Core Race for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

1) They haven't accepted fel or demons into their society, as of yet, as can be seen by their lack of Warlocks.

2) Despite welcoming the Shen'dralar Highborne in Cataclysm back into their fold, Tyrande lashes out at Thalryssa and her race's actions during the sundering, therefore rejecting them from rejoining their society.
    You should have read what he wrote.

The situation has changed. They are not hunting demon hunters for using fel. The night elves hunted demons. It’s just that back then all and only legion associated used fel.

This is an age where non addicts use the arcane, non void Lord lackeys use the void and using fel doesn’t make you corrupted and twisted.

It doesn’t mean they welcome fel with open arms. It’s still dangerous and it’s open use likely banned

But the interaction with demon hunters would not be hunted or shouldn’t at least. It will be nuanced.

They’d likely be an understanding of mutual respect but let’s avoid each other. DHs would
    Know not to corrupt areas with fel, a power they only use against enemies anyway.

Part of the night elf should be dedicated to exploring this.
    @Tanaria the aftermath of the Legion events also needs to be explored and updated and should be done alongside that of the War of thorns for night elves.

It is just as significant. Failure to recognise this by blizz would demonstrate lack of interest or understanding of their own race’s lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    West Silvermoon could be rebuild with Nightborne style too considering they're pretty much brethren now; and the Windrunner Spire should get reappropriated now since all the three Windrunners are undesirables to the Sin'dorei

- - - Updated - - -

Broken Draenei Allied Race and Furbolg Core Race for the Alliance
    Alteraci Human Allied Race and Ogre Core Race for the Horde
    No. Silvermoon has a distinct style. If you bring in Kaldorei style it will muddy things up.

They should revamp the highbelf style but keep it more distinct.

I actually prefer two different oven styles in the Thalassian and Kaldorei styles and think they shouldn’t do any merging. The way they have is enough for similarities.

I’d love a 3rd style for the voidnepves but to be honest I expect it to be a modified blood elf style. Just like the Naha are a modified Kaldorei style

Keep the floating towers and the tall magisterial skyscraper buildings.

I thought canonically, the way demon hunters are written. Quite tight, viewing themselves as ine race ie elves not as sun groups means that demon hunters won’t technically be fighting each other on behalf of faction.

So if the night elf demon Hunter canonically helped the night elves in Darkshore and war of thorns, the blood elf demon Hunter canonically would not have taken part for the horde side.

It would make their story role in the affairs of the elves more interesting. Would be fascinating if the Legion elves one Illidari and broken isles groups viewed the elves as 1 race in stark contrast to the polarised Darnassians and Thalassians who don’t and we have this tug of war in racial identity that players have to deal with when dealing with Illidari d the broken isle lot vs the elves they are use to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Amani don't really work for me, because while there is a feud they swear fealty to Talanji, who is a part of the Horde. Unless they would go completely rogue, which i doubt.

Could say that the Naaru within the Sunwell is beginning to influence people and introduce some Army of the Light related plot, which could tie into Turalyon, while Aleria would be trying to find out what the hell a Naaru truly is and Azshara would be trying to sway elves from the various splinter groups to try and reform her empire of old.

Why i think the light in sunwell being a problem could be interesting is because they can't just try to suck it out, becah xfuse it would turn void, but they also can't leave it, because they would risk becoming Lightbound.
    I like this direction too. It is possible the Armani have been overplayed. And a lot of people want them in the horde too.

It could be a Cold War situation. The blood elf hatred is strong. Could use them to show house speedily and viscious trolls can really be

I thought canonically, the way demon hunters are written. Quite tight, viewing themselves as ine race ie elves not as sun groups means that demon hunters won’t technically be fighting each other on behalf of faction.

So if the night elf demon Hunter canonically helped the night elves in Darkshore and war of thorns, the blood elf demon Hunter canonically would not have taken part for the horde side.

It would make their story role in the affairs of the elves more interesting. Would be fascinating if the Legion elves one Illidari and broken isles groups viewed the elves as 1 race in stark contrast to the polarised Darnassians and Thalassians who don’t and we have this tug of war in racial identity that players have to deal with when dealing with Illidari d the broken isle lot vs the elves they are use to.
    Demon hunters would likely not want to participate at all, in that conflict due to lack of demons, but Blood Elf would be more likely to be actually called upon, because there just is less stigma aimed toward them. (Partly because Illidan helped them through the mana addict years)

I agree it would be interesting to ahve a character like Azshara try to reunite the elves under a single banner. Kinda makes sense to me given that now she is free of squidward. And the Kaldorei, who originally suprned her are at their lowest point ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since so many people hate Elves I'd rather just see them be their own faction!

That way can also get true High Elves and no one can complain!

HEARTHSTONE

I want the lore treatment that is given to Hearthstone, given to WoW. Honestly, at this point, Hearthstone does the WoW aesthetic better than WoW itself. Tell Hearthstone sized stories with Hearthstone quality characters and just have fun with the world of Azeroth. It doesn't have to be a cosmic apocalypse every year.

Just scroll through this page: https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/...rrens_full_art

That is what I want.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-07-21 at 01:20 AM.

Or - both Night Elves and Blood Elves get Demon Hunter story? I mean, you'd scream from the hill-tops if Humans and Blood Elves were the only main races to command the Mage story, since it was mainly Humans and Blood Elves involved with the Mage Order Hall.

Every race should get something.

I mean, you might not like it, but Blizzard made Kayn Sunfury the canon Demon Hunter who appears in Azsuna. He, by lore standards, is the Illidari's first champion. Altrius was probably for those who wanted the Illidari to feel more "Night Elfy" than actually "Illidari" since Illidan doesn't actually like this night elf demon hunter.

And the Ebon Blade story will NOT heavily involve the Forsaken. Why - because the Ebon Blade dealt the dirty on the Forsaken when they rescuded Koltira from the Undercity.
    Their is no love between the Ebon Blade faction and the Forsaken.

Indeed, the Ebon Blade only had that one instance in Legion where they were involved in the affairs of Lordaeron's Capital City. Aside from that, their main stories have involved the Kirin Tor and the Argent Dawn.

I reckon a San'layn story should actually be given to the Night Elves and have them explore something that is extremely abhorrent to them. The Kaldorei/San'layn story in BFA was something I was not expecting to like, but Blizzard did write it quite well - I think their relation should go further.

As far as the Sin'dorei go - I would love to see their primary Horde defenders (Blood Knights, Magisters, Farstriders) have their time in the sun and be fleshed out, but also something relating to the Blood Elf Demon Hunters. These aren't "fel elves" or "elves of fel." They are Illidari - you can try and twist it on the grounds of them not looking like Night Elves (which is very racist), but the Sin'dorei Demon Hunters, my Demon Hunter, is an Illidari Demon Hunter. If Blood Elf Demon Hunters are "fel elves" then so are Night Elf Demon Hunters. It's not fair and it's totally racist to try and take the "demon hunter" out of the Sin'dorei and have them be something else, just because they don't have purple hair and purple skin.
    Oh. They are definitely Illidari. Not fel elves. Fel elves are doing other things.

Tbh. I’d like the San’kay. To be more involved with the blood elves. Face it despite what we want, I suspect the Illidari will always be a night elf centred thing, same as Druidism, Elunism and star/moon arcane magic.

I suspect they’d have similar issues with Illidari that we’d have with San’kayn, once enemies, now sorta friends but wondering if we can be trusted.

I think the San’layn would be a bit edgier tbf, than the demon hunters would be to them. Demon hunters for all the demonic stuff seem a fairly straightforward earnest type that want to rid the universe of demonic filth - they’re not complicated or morally grey, they are chaotic goid and pretty honourable.

Now San’layn just have that dangerous edge, like a viper, cunning, never entirely trustworthy, but a powerful ally yet too smart for to be entirely trusted.

Fortunately for us, we aren’t human, so they’d have a much harder time trying to put fox or manipulate us as we would them.

Okay. I still want that vampire theme badly. And vampire vs werewolves would be awesome. We should have the vamps, not the humans or forsaken.