Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Oh, I'm sure that Afrasiabi & co. had a great deal of fun getting drunk in the office, playing CoD deathmatches, and harassing their female coworkers in the meantime. Too bad that the rest of the crew didn't get to have that much fun, especially females.
    i mean what do people expect. Afrasiabi is Iranian, all of them are either pedophiles, woman haters or both. Any allegation against him from a female already carries weight on account of that alone.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2021-07-26 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i mean what do people expect. Afrasiabi is Iranian, all of them are either pedophiles, woman haters or both. Any allegation against him from a female already carries weight on account of that alone.
    That's some 10/10 racism right there. Fucking disgusting.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That's some 10/10 racism right there. Fucking disgusting.
    yeah i guess, probably on account of the fact that ive actually encountered iranian men in real life. pigs the lot of them.

yeah i guess, probably on account of the fact that ive actually encountered iranian men in real life. pigs the lot of them.
    Excellent. More racism based on anecdotal evidence.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent. More racism based on anecdotal evidence.
    its well documented actually

its well documented actually
    Keep going. Great hill to die on.

100% of the Iranian dudes I've met were lovely. Admittedly I've met two but sort of proves you wrong no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    toxic comments are nothing compared what they did and everyone knew.. if brack knew then all execs and HR knew they were just silent
    ? I was talking about Wowhead not allowing comments on the news post regarding this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    well, stuff might be already happening in the background

He's had the Game Director role in his twitter bio for quite some time, likely a mobile game.

He's known to be a huge fan of pokemon. He was the reason we have pet battles in WoW.

As far as the JAB - its PR stunt that's cringey and bad. He went on a podcast a day before saying how good blizzard and he is at fighting for diversity and inclusion which uhh...yeah

Townsend has been at the company for 5-7 months... not someone I'd have the most confidence in knowing what the 4000+ employee company culture is. Also, good that they're enacting all these policies, but there are a large number of people coming out with their individual experiences that say otherwise, and clearly those policies aren't working and they need to do so much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    As far as the JAB - its PR stunt that's cringey and bad. He went on a podcast a day before saying how good blizzard and he is at fighting for diversity and inclusion which uhh...yeah
    Well, he might be now. The thing is we don't know how much, if any, things have changed at Blizzard in the two years California has been hanging out there. What we do know is that much of the old guard decided to get out of Dodge in those years. JAB's letter was awkward and cringy but it might have been sincere in its way.

It's all just words. What they do how is what's important.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well, he might be now. The thing is we don't know how much, if any, things have changed at Blizzard in the two years California has been hanging out there. What we do know is that much of the old guard decided to get out of Dodge in those years. JAB's letter was awkward and cringy but it might have been sincere in its way.

It's all just words. What they do how is what's important.
    Honestly, it's really now about what they do moving forward and how they support the past victims.

JAB doesn't need to resign, but sure as shit needs to be proactive in addressing this. Blizzard has little goodwill at this point.

1. If a company has the right culture in place, then no one needs to monitor jack squat. There’s guardrails in place.
    SUre. But that doesn't change teh fact that the CERPO cannot watch every single employee 24/7/365

2. Afrasiabi leaving ‘quietly’ tells you everything you need to know about how Blizzard were looking to deal with this entire fracas. Quietly.
    No it doesn't. All it tells you is that he left the company. Nothing more. You talk about giving Blizzard due process, yet here you are already declaring guilt. Talk about taking out of both side of one's mouth.

3. He’s been a jackass to fans and anyone who questions Blizzard since Day 1. And his attitude has always been one of disdain.
    Your opinion, not fact basically because he doesn't kiss your butt and cave into every single one of your whims. His job is to defend his company. Doesnb't mean he doesn't care.

4. Yep, so let’s start with everyone coming forward being a liar. Great move.
    This BS strawman that completely misses the point. The point here is that there have been cases in teh fact where the accusers have lied. But let's just do it your way and automatically convict people based soloely on the word of the accuser because there is no chance in hell they would ever lie, right? Remember Jesse Smollette? Talk about great move.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    SUre. But that doesn't change teh fact that the CERPO cannot watch every single employee 24/7/365

No it doesn't. All it tells you is that he left the company. Nothing more. You talk about giving Blizzard due process, yet here you are already declaring guilt. Talk about taking out of both side of one's mouth.

Your opinion, not fact basically because he doesn't kiss your butt and cave into every single one of your whims. His job is to defend his company. Doesnb't mean he doesn't care.

This BS strawman that completely misses the point. The point here is that there have been cases in teh fact where the accusers have lied. But let's just do it your way and automatically convict people based soloely on the word of the accuser because there is no chance in hell they would ever lie, right? Remember Jesse Smollette? Talk about great move.
    1. Again, the RIGHT culture doesn't require monitoring.

2. Blizzard have dealt with the situation badly. Simple as. You don't need to run through a court of law to know that.

3. I don't care if he doesn't cater to whims. It's about how he puts himself out there. Public perception is key in leadership.

4. So because accusers have lied in a small number of cases, you want to assume everyone who comes forward moving forward is a liar.

I've been banned from reddit/wow for this but..

isn't there an option where men can work alone, quietly from women?
    I can imagine someone more sexually active than me being frustrated working 12-16 hour days, not even having energy or motivation to date... these people can get freakin frustrated and can do terrible things.

why are we not talking about this? that bosses/shareholders are doing INHUMAN crunches which can kill a soul?
    and these souls coupled with some sociopathic tendencies can lead to BOTH extreme success in their careers AND be sexual predators as their "energy" isn't consumed.. properly.

I can't blame anyone here BUT the world/system we live in that makes us monsters just to make a living!

Back in 2006, he called the people who considered C'thun overtuned "Retard".

Of course, now i'll have to provide proof that calling others "Retard" means that they are a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That is easier said than done. What was he supposed to do? Call him into the office, tell him a woman alleged something and have him pack his bags, when he is playing his part in the franchise properly? If allegations were easy to prove and everyone acted upon them without first doing so, then there'd be nothing left standing. When acting on allegations, there's an equal chance for the accused to be the victim too.
    There's not an equal chance. A lawsuit was filed and rather then stay quiet or dismiss the allegations former people at the company are distancing themselves from it. That's pretty damning.

Also he could but the accused on suspension while lauching an internal inquiry into the issue. Interviewed other people. Literally many many ways to check on allegations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    I've been banned from reddit/wow for this but..

isn't there an option where men can work alone, quietly from women?
    I can imagine someone more sexually active than me being frustrated working 12-16 hour days, not even having energy or motivation to date... these people can get freakin frustrated and can do terrible things.

why are we not talking about this? that bosses/shareholders are doing INHUMAN crunches which can kill a soul?
    and these souls coupled with some sociopathic tendencies can lead to BOTH extreme success in their careers AND be sexual predators as their "energy" isn't consumed.. properly.

I can't blame anyone here BUT the world/system we live in that makes us monsters just to make a living!
    Those poor poor sexual harrasers they have to work such long hours no wonder they broke and treated women like shit. /S.

Holy fuck what sort of trash incel shit is this. You're actually an apologist for fucking predators because they're tired and work near women?

because he doesn't kiss your butt
    Ofc, that is your job.

1. Again, the RIGHT culture doesn't require monitoring.

2. Blizzard have dealt with the situation badly. Simple as. You don't need to run through a court of law to know that.

3. I don't care if he doesn't cater to whims. It's about how he puts himself out there. Public perception is key in leadership.

4. So because accusers have lied in a small number of cases, you want to assume everyone who comes forward moving forward is a liar.
    1: What you are describing is a utopia. Utopias can't exist in the same company as free will because there will always be outliers otherwise. So you either monitor for those outliers or you pretend they don't exist. Which would you prefer, monitor for them or let them run free and destroy the utopia?

2: You're right. Guilty until proven innocent. Social "justice" for all.

3: More of the same "a few people said a thing happened, so it most definitely*must* have happened" bs.

4: So because some accusers have told the truth about a single event, execute first, ask questions never? See how ridiculous your hyperbole and strawmen sound? It's typical virtue-signaling and bandwagon behavior, so probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    1: What you are describing is a utopia. Utopias can't exist in the same company as free will because there will always be outliers otherwise. So you either monitor for those outliers or you pretend they don't exist. Which would you prefer, monitor for them or let them run free and destroy the utopia?

2: You're right. Guilty until proven innocent. Social "justice" for all.

3: More of the same "a few people said a thing happened, so it most definitely*must* have happened" bs.

4: So because some accusers have told the truth about a single event, execute first, ask questions never? See how ridiculous your hyperbole and strawmen sound? It's typical virtue-signaling and bandwagon behavior, so probably not.
    1. I work for a company where we don't NEED our fucking CEO to tell us 'sexual is harassment is bad'. And it's a bigger company than Blizzard by far.

2. Just before everyone goes down this road, this is a 2-year investigation by the State of California. This is not some twitter thread.

3. Read above.

4. Read above.

But you keep defending people who sexual harass women. Keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    There's not an equal chance. A lawsuit was filed and rather then stay quiet or dismiss the allegations former people at the company are distancing themselves from it. That's pretty damning.

Also he could but the accused on suspension while lauching an internal inquiry into the issue. Interviewed other people. Literally many many ways to check on allegations.

- - - Updated - - -

Those poor poor sexual harrasers they have to work such long hours no wonder they broke and treated women like shit. /S.

Holy fuck what sort of trash incel shit is this. You're actually an apologist for fucking predators because they're tired and work near women?
    So question.. Is it just male employees at blizzard that you are against, or do you like to spread that discrimination around? To the african-american blizz employees too? Maybe the jewish blizz employees? Hell, maybe you don't even limit to just blizz employees. Cuz ya know, eventually those blizz employees will find work elsewhere and then you have to spread it around, right? Don't get me wrong, I have to be accept everything the female blizz employees say as gospel (except for the ones that don't believe in guilty until proven innocent obviously) or people like you will start throwing around ad hominems like "incel" because they can't handle anyone with an opinion that differs from their "shoot first, then maybe ask questions" ideals. I was just curious so I could maybe get some insight into exactly how you want people to think.