Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm surprised no one's brought up Drakuru yet

7+ Year Old Account
    Cromatus, a tiamat version in wow could ahve being awesome, but he is just ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I would have to say Lei Shen, the Thunder King. He was pretty hyped as the Mogus greatest emperor, who was basically Gengis Khan, who only died when he went to war in Uldum and the Tolvir had no choice but to activate the Origination Device to stop his army.

And then we swedged him in a single patch as the last raid boss of a very good Throne of Thunder raid.

Honestly, the entire expansion should have been about him. I think it would have been a much better end than Seige of Orgimmar
    Lei shen should have being the end boss of pandaria 100%, throne of thunder was an amazing raid imo and could have finished the expansion prety well with us freeing ra-den at the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Isn't that the case with most WoW villains though? The only ones who actually managed to do something were Arthas/Ner'zhul and the Legion. And in both cases, their greatest accomplishments took place mostly in WC3 (I won't go with Sylvanas since her story is an utter trainwreck).

That's kind of my point. She's been so hyped that when she finally showed up, I was really expecting a bigger role for her, instead of being a generic mid xpac boss.
    I think it's actually sort of fitting that a character as deluded as she was ended up lacking much importance. A lot of her hype comes down to how people perceived her, rather than accomplishments. One of the biggest reasons people hype her was due to a passage in the War of the Ancients book having Mannoroth exposit that she was stronger than he was, which she never went on to demonstrate, and her subsequent demonstrations of power in BfA were mostly attributed to the Tidestone of Golganneth (which opened the oceans to open Nazjatar to the Champions of Azeroth). That's not to say that I don't think she could make for a cool end boss, but a character like her, whose own self delusion made her believe herself the equal of both an Old God and a Titan, would be best served by a meaningless end, so utterly in contrast with her own belief.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I think you guys are confusing AU Gul'dan with our Gul'dan. Our Gul'dan was a back stabbing power hungry dick. The AU Gul'dan was the gimp who was made fun of it (although killing his whole village is pretty bad ass).
    sadly we aren't
    when a lot of ppl complained (rightfully) that the so-called AU universe is extremely different than ours, they shitcon the original MU backstory and changed it, and suddenly Blackhand who literally sacrificed his own children life energy to keep his position as puppet warchief is a hero who went in lava to save his tribe (and the fucking part, he is still coward who also hero, how the fuck?), Gul'dan from pure evil to a disfigured emo kid who got treated badly in his youth (and no longer shadowmoon), Karagath is leader of escapee misfit clan, Ogres became even more dicks, and orcs who were described as shamanistic nature respecting ppl to iron horde but without iron part
    tldr: blizz decided that AU backstory is same for MU because fuck orcs and FUCK everything they built in wc3 how orcs were manipulated by Legion, they are inherently evil except Frostwolf because some reason

- - - Updated - - -

on unrelated note surprised no one commented on how blizz changed KJ from also pure evil genius to someone who joined BL and became Sargeras right arm because he lost hope of trying to stand against him and decided yeah let's just be evil
    I liked KJ bickering back at Sargeras in patch 7.2 trailer because it shows he is getting frustrated with failure, but i did NOT like even for 0.01 sec the ending cinematic of Tomb of Sargeras where he shows that he joined Sargeras because he didn't believe evil can be beaten and he hopes Velen finishes the job, like fuck, he is evil since time creation itself because he doesn't see hope in good? didn't Azeroth beat Legion so many times they made them a joke?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Murmur is the big one. Only other time we dealt of something of that scale. Even Titans needed to use their pure size to destroy planets, while all Murmur needed was a noise. The implications of his existence, a cosmic hierarchy well beyond the scope of what we imagined, were better than the villain itself, though. Imagine if Goku had a nightmare about fighting Buu...while he still believed the most powerful evil in the world to be Piccolo. That was what Murmur was. A shade of what we have yet to ascend to.

But as for straight up villains taken on their own, it's Illidan. The perfect tragic villain. Proof the enemy of your enemy isn't always your friend. The one who exemplifies the trope of 'if we stoop to their level, what difference is there between us and them?'

Cho'gall. They keep killing him off in the first patch of the expansion he is in.

It was a main flaw in Cataclysm, especially. They turned Deathwing into a mostly-mindless monster, rather than a cunning manipulator with schemes. They put Cho'gall into that role. And then they immediately killed him off. It left the Twilight Hammer devoid of proper leadership for most of the expansion. I mean, they tried with the Twilight Father, but he got nowhere near as interesting as Cho'gall, and pretty much just served as a book antagonist in a book full of antagonists.

So yeah. Cho'gall was great. And they should have gotten more use out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I would have to say Lei Shen, the Thunder King. He was pretty hyped as the Mogus greatest emperor, who was basically Gengis Khan, who only died when he went to war in Uldum and the Tolvir had no choice but to activate the Origination Device to stop his army.

And then we swedged him in a single patch as the last raid boss of a very good Throne of Thunder raid.

Honestly, the entire expansion should have been about him. I think it would have been a much better end than Seige of Orgimmar
    MoP would have been almost the perfect expansion if they swapped SoO and ToT around. Have the war and rebellion go through from end of wrath upto 5.2, then use 5.3 as the Isle of Thunder build up patch with 5.4 as the raid and quests that are just before and after the raid narritively. Maybe have minor tweeks (have to change why they're on the island cause war would be over.) but it could work out somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I can see Gazlowe taking control of them since Razdunk is dead. I have pretty high hopes they'll return.
    I am guessing you mean Gallywix, as Gazlowe is now the Bilgewater leader before he was a foreman of the Steamwheedle Cartel.

I hope to see them return but I'd rather see Gallywix make something of his own, as we know he's up to something, being in the new Mega-dungeon trading.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am guessing you mean Gallywix, as Gazlowe is now the Bilgewater leader before he was a foreman of the Steamwheedle Cartel.

I hope to see them return but I'd rather see Gallywix make something of his own, as we know he's up to something, being in the new Mega-dungeon trading.
    Ah yes I do Gallywix!

Idk seems redundant to have two evil goblin organisations

Defias Brotherhood: If with Edwin van Cleef or his daughter, it could have turned into a popular movement, challenging Stormwind's kings, who would be trapped between them and the aristocrats who were responsible for the uprising in the first place.

The Syndicate: Successors of Alterac, they could easily declare their kingdom reborn and become a player in the reformed continent of Lordaeron, having Alliance and Horde fighting for their support.

Fel Horde: Typically cannon fodder for larger villians, I feel like the successors to the Horde of Draenor could take over Outland if reformed ... the Mag'har get too much attention in comparision.

Druids of the Flame: Expanding the limits of druidism is always interesting ... and looks cool!

Frostwyrms: Bring back Syndragosa and make her the aspect of death ...

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    sadly we aren't
    when a lot of ppl complained (rightfully) that the so-called AU universe is extremely different than ours, they shitcon the original MU backstory and changed it, and suddenly Blackhand who literally sacrificed his own children life energy to keep his position as puppet warchief is a hero who went in lava to save his tribe (and the fucking part, he is still coward who also hero, how the fuck?), Gul'dan from pure evil to a disfigured emo kid who got treated badly in his youth (and no longer shadowmoon), Karagath is leader of escapee misfit clan, Ogres became even more dicks, and orcs who were described as shamanistic nature respecting ppl to iron horde but without iron part
    tldr: blizz decided that AU backstory is same for MU because fuck orcs and FUCK everything they built in wc3 how orcs were manipulated by Legion, they are inherently evil except Frostwolf because some reason

- - - Updated - - -

on unrelated note surprised no one commented on how blizz changed KJ from also pure evil genius to someone who joined BL and became Sargeras right arm because he lost hope of trying to stand against him and decided yeah let's just be evil
    I liked KJ bickering back at Sargeras in patch 7.2 trailer because it shows he is getting frustrated with failure, but i did NOT like even for 0.01 sec the ending cinematic of Tomb of Sargeras where he shows that he joined Sargeras because he didn't believe evil can be beaten and he hopes Velen finishes the job, like fuck, he is evil since time creation itself because he doesn't see hope in good? didn't Azeroth beat Legion so many times they made them a joke?
    When and where did they retcon our Dreanor? Serious question; I've always thought AU had its own back story, that's fucked if the MU now shares the same one. There is a whole series of books for the MU back story, wtf happened to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    When and where did they retcon our Dreanor? Serious question; I've always thought AU had its own back story, that's fucked if the MU now shares the same one. There is a whole series of books for the MU back story, wtf happened to them?
    during WoD era, as i said, a lot complained that AU stories are different than ours, since no way Blackhand is hero who willing to sacrifice his life for his tribe, the infamous Afrasabi (yeah he is shit human, didn't know that) said that AU backstories are now canon and apply to MU stories too, they are set like that since warlords introduction videos
    It doesn't make sense, but it makes 'more' sense than legion is one and same across all universes crap, a statement we promised to get answer in Chronicles since 7 years now, still waiting
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Ah yes I do Gallywix!

Idk seems redundant to have two evil goblin organisations
    Nothing new. Undermine houses many cartels. There's more than just the Venture Company that has shown hostilities before. And Gallywix feels more of a different caliber than what Venture Co does.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

during WoD era, as i said, a lot complained that AU stories are different than ours, since no way Blackhand is hero who willing to sacrifice his life for his tribe, the infamous Afrasabi (yeah he is shit human, didn't know that) said that AU backstories are now canon and apply to MU stories too, they are set like that since warlords introduction videos
    It doesn't make sense, but it makes 'more' sense than legion is one and same across all universes crap, a statement we promised to get answer in Chronicles since 7 years now, still waiting
    Jesus... that fucking sucks. You just destroyed my favorite bit of wow lore (lol not your fault). I thought all the mu dreanor backstories were great, I can't believe they would change them. Maybe they'll unchange to erase the last 6-8 years of scandal as companies do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I thought Gul'dan's AU backstory (nameless clan, contact with the Legion, etc.) was the only AU backstory that was made MU canon as of WoD? We know several of the other major Orc chieftains have different backstories - Grom's mate dying and their not having a son (Garrosh) in the AU, Ner'zhul's mate Rulkan remaining alive in the AU but having died in the MU, etc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I mean, they tried with the Twilight Father, but he got nowhere near as interesting as Cho'gall, and pretty much just served as a book antagonist in a book full of antagonists.
    The fact that they hyped up Arygos as a servant of Deathwing in 4.2 only to kill him off in a novel via an AU version of Blackmoore who himself dies in the same novel always felt like a bit of wasted potential to me

7+ Year Old Account
    Zul
    The guy was able to predict a lot of shit while making up another, not sure of what to believe. He could've orchestrated a lot more shit than he did

The Defias
    Having a constant reminder that wow humans are not perfect would be great
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I thought Gul'dan's AU backstory (nameless clan, contact with the Legion, etc.) was the only AU backstory that was made MU canon as of WoD? We know several of the other major Orc chieftains have different backstories - Grom's mate dying and their not having a son (Garrosh) in the AU, Ner'zhul's mate Rulkan remaining alive in the AU but having died in the MU, etc.
    Only Gul'dan and Blackhand are confirmed to have the same origin story in both MU and AU, though MU Blackhand has the same appearance than his film counterpart only with the blach hands having been added and his personality always stay the same : arrogant, ambitious, proud, smug and ruthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Only Gul'dan and Blackhand are confirmed to have the same origin story in both MU and AU, though MU Blackhand has the same appearance than his film counterpart only with the blach hands having been added and his personality always stay the same : arrogant, ambitious, proud, smug and ruthless.
    Blackhand never really had an "origin" story to speak of, even in the AU lore - unless you mean the comic interlude with his temporary use of the Doomhammer (which is less an origin and more of an aside)?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The player character does not get the recognition as the biggest mass murdering psychopath in the entire franchise.