Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    As long as there's a variety in the game's representation I don't see the issue. If every female armor/character was skimpy I could see the issue, but its not. Heck, most player armors for a decade have been rather conservative (and oddly enough, is part of what makes the classic skimpy armors so valuable for transmog)

There's both male and female chars in various states of dress. Especially in a world where we are moving to embracing a wide variety of gender identities and orientations, it seems funny pin point X as being a problem cause of Y group.

As posted, there's been a few expacs all featuring shirtless dudes on the covers.
    Yeah it kinda irks me that people say that WoW is full of super skimpy armors when honestly, after vanilla (since the TBC ones were all vanilla recolors). Aside from the occasional leather piece (which is ONLY chest never legs), gear covers everything. Skimpy gear died years ago for plate, cloth, and mail.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Equal opportunity sexism is still sexism.

A shirtless guy with ripped abs doesn't make Sylvanas' Cata outfit less like she is wearing a thong.
    What is wrong about wearing a thong? What if I say you are sexist trying to decide what women are allowed to wear?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I have a feeling you're being facetious - there's a difference between bUt sOmE dUdeS aRe sHiRtLeSs and the problematic trend of having every mature female character in revealing outfits specifically designed to titilate an overwhlemingly male audience. There is nothing wrong with wanting a character to identify with that isn't overtly sexualized, once the game itself expanded beyond its initial demographic. But, as you can clearly see... Blizzard wasn't/isn't exactly in a headspace to be able to understand that point of view.
    The issue with that is that people completely ignore and set aside the litany of "properly" dressed female characters to point out the handful of sexualized ones and act as if an epidemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start out great and ran afoul of forbidden topics rather swiftly. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead