Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So this lawsuit is just to push a feminist narrative in your mind?
    All of it? No. You clearly aren't even going to be honest with what I stated. I did say there are likely some legitimate claims in there, pertaining to one Alex Afraisabi. That doesn't change all of the very "suspicious packaging" around it.

Also nice touch trying to make yourself the victim in all of this lol.
    Aaand we're onto making up accusations of shit I never said. Wonderful.

Your entire post reeks of ignorance, willful or not, and really only serves as a joke. People like you are what make gamers look bad, not any 'woke BS' (which I'm not a fan of either mind you).
    And you're entire post reeks of lying. You likely have no problem with woke bullshit, because if you did and actually paid attention to past cases of Leftist horseshit, the red flags would have easily been spotted from orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Nobody is saying women shouldn't dress in certain clothing. People just don't like how overly sexualized a lot of female NPCs are.
    These two sentences contradict each other. Dressing in sexy/revealing clothing is inherently sexualized. There is no problem with the women being "overly sexualized", as beautiful women are female ideal. Always have been, always will be, regardless of small differences in taste or standards. I never hear anyone asking all of the male characters to stop being giant, sexy, shirtless man-hunks, mind.

People don't want things to be all nice and friendly, they just don't want things to be demeaning towards people.
    How much is too much, and who gets to decide what is "demeaning" or not? Because that is entire root of the problem, and why it always snowballs into mass censorship or guilt by association.

The fact that you're saying that disallowing sexist jokes and rape jokes is making people suddenly not "sex positive" is positively revolting.
    If you make a sexist joke about a man, or a rape joke about a man, they are treated as "breaking new ground" and "always hilarious". People like you have no problem with those, as they aren't toward the always correct and innocent women.

You are further proving my point that your comments are exactly part of the problem.
    Again, there is no "problem". People are just weak and cowardly little betas with no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I'm certain this is primarily about the references to Alex Afrasiabi throughout the game.
    Don't be so certain. Alex's references are just the start, The "not appropriate for our world" line is insanely blurry. The fact that they used "Remove" instead of "Rename" is worrisome to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    If you think it's going to stop there, I have bad news for you. The perpetually offended will always find new reasons to censor, because they do so with the approval of their conscience.
    You're trying to make a slippery slope argument from removing references to sexual predators from your game to I guess some woke nonsense? It is not the same at all. It'd be like saying that we put people in jail for rape so next thing you know we're going to put them in jail for saying "he" instead of "she" to a transwoman. It's painfully dumb and you should feel dumb for trying to push it
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-07-28 at 02:50 AM.

All of it? No. You clearly aren't even going to be honest with what I stated. I did say there are likely some legitimate claims in there, pertaining to one Alex Afraisabi. That doesn't change all of the very "suspicious packaging" around it.

Aaand we're onto making up accusations of shit I never said. Wonderful.

And you're entire post reeks of lying. You likely have no problem with woke bullshit, because if you did and actually paid attention to past cases of Leftist horseshit, the red flags would have easily been spotted from orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

These two sentences contradict each other. Dressing in sexy/revealing clothing is inherently sexualized. There is no problem with the women being "overly sexualized", as beautiful women are female ideal. Always have been, always will be, regardless of small differences in taste or standards. I never hear anyone asking all of the male characters to stop being giant, sexy, shirtless man-hunks, mind.

How much is too much, and who gets to decide what is "demeaning" or not? Because that is entire root of the problem, and why it always snowballs into mass censorship or guilt by association.

If you make a sexist joke about a man, or a rape joke about a man, they are treated as "breaking new ground" and "always hilarious". People like you have no problem with those, as they aren't toward the always correct and innocent women.

Again, there is no "problem". People are just weak and cowardly little betas with no sense of humor.
    Plenty of people call for men to stop being sexualized as well. Just because you refuse to pay attention and focus on how much you hate people speaking up about women being mistreated doesn't mean it never happens. Also, it's blatantly clear what is and isn't demeaning. You're just upset you can't get away with saying messed up stuff anymore which is what this whole lawsuit is about.

There are plenty of people who condemn sexist jokes against men and rape jokes about men. Once again, purely because you refuse to acknowledge it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You want so badly to be allowed to say whatever messed up stuff you want that you literally turn to strawman arguments and gaslighting.

Oh and also, alphas and betas don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by plukkie070 View Post
    Doesn't he have multiple npc's under that name?, as in the one in SW but also the one in Stratholme (living) Fras siabi's where you get his tobacco, (he's still there since i lvl a new toon and i was in that dungeon), i think that npc (which you kill anyways) is also a reference to Alex.... no?
    He has some yea, there is also a field marshal npc which is a PvP vendor iirc, but he also has 2 characters which are named after his gaming characters. There were rumors some of them ceased spawning (and apparently Blizzard is trying to purge them), but I have idea which ones they disabled. Without a proper patch they can't just remove and replace them, tough they can stop them from spawning. The question is if they actually did that and which ones. I doubt they turned off quest npcs and vendors, they might have done with the flavor characters that just stand around and talk though.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Afrasiabi
    They have a list of references, which is quite alot.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Removing stuff in the game is dumb and accomplishes nothing... its just pandering and virtue signalling to people who are brain dead.

The npc isnt gonna come and get you ffs and has nothing to do with what happened outside of the game.

Then again with even more mass exodus over these allegations its might not matter anyways and they may just axe the game.

I do find it interesting how people automatically assume whats being alleged is true, this sounds like more "me too" bs to me. And I hate coming to the defense of blizzturd, they've done enough to piss me off before this. However if this does wind up being proven true I hope they get their come up ins. Since its all "he said she said" I remain skeptical.

I just wish they wouldn't take it out on the game and mess that up even more instead of actually dealing with their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    You're trying to make a slippery slope argument from removing references to sexual predators from your game to I guess some woke nonsense? It is not the same at all. It'd be like saying that we put people in jail for rape so next thing you know we're going to put them in jail for saying "he" instead of "she" to a transwoman. It's painfully dumb and you should feel dumb for trying to push it
    No, I'm saying that they are using something legitimate to force woke shit in the back door. It's leverage.

Also, that's a false comparison. It's more like Leftists going from "we won't come for your kids in 2010", to bragging about "coming for your kids while forcing a 'Pride Parade' into Blue's Clues in 2012". They were always going for the latter, they just had to boil the frog first. Same with all of this woke censorship, they slow roll it.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-07-28 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar89 View Post
    Toxic cancel culture is going to be what finally does world of Warcraft in, one depressed Karen and a lawsuit basically saying you need to be even more PC to these sensitive creatures.
    Nice guy/girl

Plenty of people call for men to stop being sexualized as well.
    Yes, those would be called "manginas". Also, that NEVER happens outside of people using it as a whataboutism in order to run cover for Feminists always doing it.

Just because you refuse to pay attention and focus on how much you hate people speaking up about women being mistreated
    Holy Strawman, Batman! Any claims of mistreatment, regardless of who it's from, should be looked at skeptically, not just extremely obvious cases like a lawsuit alleging Twitter-drama like screeching over nonsense like "sex jokes" or "mild insults".

doesn't mean it never happens.
    Gee, no shit? If you get raped, you call the police and get the shitbag arrested. And, on that subject, all convicted rapists need to executed en-masse, or castrated. Especially the ones like "Dr. Pizza".

Also, it's blatantly clear what is and isn't demeaning.
    No, it isn't. Something being demeaning is entirely up to the person the remark is made it. "Offense is taken, not given".

You're just upset you can't get away with saying messed up stuff anymore which is what this whole lawsuit is about.
    But, I thought it was supposed to be about, you know, actually offensive behavior like rape and groping? Now it's about shutting anyone up for saying "messed up stuff"? Nice job giving away what you've always been after away.

There are plenty of people who condemn sexist jokes against men and rape jokes about men. Once again, purely because you refuse to acknowledge it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You want so badly to be allowed to say whatever messed up stuff you want that you literally turn to strawman arguments and gaslighting.
    Sure, those are called "pussies". You just want everyone to be a slave to some unwritten Newspeak BS where you get punished for saying the wrong thing on Twitter, despite what is considered "wrong" or "right" changed back and forth on a daily basis, which makes everyone afraid of saying anything outside of agreeing with the "moral guardian Stazi" like you, you little Stalinist you.

Oh and also, alphas and betas don't exist.
    Tell that to all of the "male Feminists" who turn out to be sex pests, rapists, pedophiles, and wife beaters in private, while having testosterone levels lower than a super-centenarian eunuch. Being a "beta male" means being a "non-traditional male", and they usually have to be "sneaky" or scummy in order to get any. Like Afraisabi, for instance.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-07-28 at 03:54 AM.

Yes, those would be called "manginas". Also, that NEVER happens outside of people using it as a whataboutism in order to run cover for Feminists always doing it.

Holy Strawman, Batman! Any claims of mistreatment, regardless of who it's from, should be looked at skeptically, not just extremely obvious cases like a lawsuit alleging Twitter-drama like screeching over nonsense like "sex jokes" or "mild insults".

Gee, no shit? If you get raped, you call the police and get the shitbag arrested. And, on that subject, all convicted rapists need to executed en-masse, or castrated. Especially the ones like "Dr. Pizza".

No, it isn't. Something being demeaning is entirely up to the person the remark is made it. "Offense is taken, not given".

But, I thought it was supposed to be about, you know, actually offensive behavior like rape and groping? Now it's about shutting anyone up for saying "messed up stuff"? Nice job giving away what you've always been after away.

Sure, those are called "pussies". You just want everyone to be a slave to some unwritten Newspeak BS where you get punished for saying the wrong thing on Twitter, despite what is considered "wrong" or "right" changed back and forth on a daily basis, which makes everyone afraid of saying anything outside of agreeing with the "moral guardian Stazi" like you, you little Stalinist you.

Tell that to all of the "male Feminists" who turn out to be sex pests, rapists, pedophiles, and wife beaters in private, while having testosterone levels lower than a super-centenarian eunuch.
    Wow. Just....wow. There is far too much to unpack here. Everything about this entire post reeks of sexism and toxicity. The fact that you're calling people pussies for calling out offensive behavior is pretty toxic. The fact that you think contacting the police about being raped is as simple as how you phrased shows either your extreme ignorance or you just literally don't fucking care about sexual assault.

Making sex jokes and rape jokes and other such jokes in a work environment is unprofessional. Period. Making rape jokes EVER is disgusting. The fact that you are trying to call me a Stalinist just because I want disciplinary action taken against someone making unwanted sexual comments or rape jokes says more about you than about me.

You continue to prove you are part of the problem.

Wow. Just....wow. There is far too much to unpack here. Everything about this entire post reeks of sexism and toxicity. The fact that you're calling people pussies for calling out offensive behavior is pretty toxic. The fact that you think contacting the police about being raped is as simple as how you phrased shows either your extreme ignorance or you just literally don't fucking care about sexual assault.

Making sex jokes and rape jokes and other such jokes in a work environment is unprofessional. Period. Making rape jokes EVER is disgusting. The fact that you are trying to call me a Stalinist just because I want disciplinary action taken against someone making unwanted sexual comments or rape jokes says more about you than about me.

Stop discriminating against people you dont like... BIGOT!

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    Stop discriminating against people you dont like... BIGOT!
    I...I really hope this is satire.

I...I really hope this is satire.
    don't you know? the people you described are a MINORITY! You need to be more tolerant and inclusive!

Wow. Just....wow. There is far too much to unpack here. Everything about this entire post reeks of sexism and toxicity. The fact that you're calling people pussies for calling out offensive behavior is pretty toxic.
    And your whole post "reeks" of being a holier-than-thou moral puritan that thinks anyone who doesn't agree with his OPINIONS is evil and needs to be shut up, preferably by force. You sound like the kind of person who shushes family members for "being offensive", like some petty killjoy.

The fact that you think contacting the police about being raped is as simple as how you phrased shows either your extreme ignorance or you just literally don't fucking care about sexual assault.
    The fact that you think there is some other solution to literal rape, outside of trying the convicted on the evidence and killing the piece of shit if he/she is guilty, shows that YOU don't give a shit about rape victims.

Now, I don't remember EVER saying that there shouldn't be any "disciplinary action" against someone making jokes in an inappropriate setting, champ. All I was saying, was that it doesn't automatically make someone "evil" for making a joke that offends you.

There is no problem, you're just not tolerant of the right to offend pussies. You don't have a right to not be offended by others, as it is entirely subjective and based on your personal tastes and tolerance.

And your whole post "reeks" of being a holier-than-thou moral puritan that thinks anyone who doesn't agree with his OPINIONS is evil and needs to be shut up, preferably by force. You sound like the kind of person who shushes family members for "being offensive", like some petty killjoy.

The fact that you think there is some other solution to literal rape, outside of trying the convicted on the evidence and killing the piece of shit if he/she is guilty, shows that YOU don't give a shit about rape victims.

Now, I don't remember EVER saying that there shouldn't be any "disciplinary action" against someone making jokes in an inappropriate setting, champ. All I was saying, was that it doesn't automatically make someone "evil" for making a joke that offends you.

There is no problem, you're just not tolerant of the right to offend pussies. You don't have a right to not be offended by others, as it is entirely subjective and based on your personal tastes and tolerance.
    If your opinions revolve around sexism and/or being allowed to make rape jokes, then yes. You deserve to be silenced. If my family members are dropping nasty racist/sexist/all around hateful comments then you better believe I tell them to shut up.

I do care about rape victims considering I am one. I know the process. Law enforcement rarely ever wants to do ANYTHING about sexual assault. So if you think that it's as simple as just talking to the cops, then you really need to educate yourself better on the subject.

If someone is making rape jokes, they are evil. Making jokes about a traumatic and vile event is disgusting. The fact that you are trying to excuse it sickens me. You don't have the right to offend anyone. Your mentality is why this lawsuit is happening. You think people should be allowed to say whatever the fuck they want regardless of how disgusting that comment is. You truly are part of the problem and mentalities like yours are why this lawsuit is happening.

If your opinions revolve around sexism and/or being allowed to make rape jokes, then yes. You deserve to be silenced. If my family members are dropping nasty racist/sexist/all around hateful comments then you better believe I tell them to shut up.

I do care about rape victims considering I am one. I know the process. Law enforcement rarely ever wants to do ANYTHING about sexual assault. So if you think that it's as simple as just talking to the cops, then you really need to educate yourself better on the subject.

If someone is making rape jokes, they are evil. Making jokes about a traumatic and vile event is disgusting. The fact that you are trying to excuse it sickens me. You don't have the right to offend anyone. Your mentality is why this lawsuit is happening. You think people should be allowed to say whatever the fuck they want regardless of how disgusting that comment is. You truly are part of the problem and mentalities like yours are why this lawsuit is happening.
    Thats not very tolerant or inclusive....

Well, it's my opinion that you are a petty little Fascist that just wants to be able to lord over those you deem to be lesser, and are ignorantly enabling those who want to turn our society into Nazi Germany, but with "intersectionality" instead.

I do care about rape victims considering I am one.
    Doesn't change the fact that that is what you are doing. Feelings don't care about facts. I was groped in the 9th grade by another student, doesn't mean I have a right to ruin her life, now does it?

If someone is making rape jokes, they are evil.
    If you shut people up for making a joke, you are evil. You are Goebbels reborn, end of story.

Making jokes about a traumatic and vile event is disgusting.
    Well, too damn bad. Not everyone has to agree with you, and not all rape victims are as fragile as you are, to the point of wanting to play Big Brother.

The fact that you are trying to excuse it sickens me.
    Irrelevant.

You don't have the right to offend anyone.
    Actually, I do. I don't get to choose whether something offends someone else, or not. It's on the person taking offense whether they judge it to be offensive or not. People are different, not everyone will be offended by the same thing.

Your mentality is why this lawsuit is happening. You think people should be allowed to say whatever the fuck they want regardless of how disgusting that comment is. You truly are part of the problem and mentalities like yours are why this lawsuit is happening.
    Mentalities like mine are why we aren't living in a Socialist dictatorship right now, or one ran by a Monarchist tyrant without absolute authority, nor mob rule where a screechy group of children gets to determine what everyone not in the mob is "allowed" to do or say.

Mentalities like yours create police states and "social credit systems".
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-07-28 at 06:30 AM.

Then why does the fucking lawsuit itself focus on Feminist/woke bullshit like "white men", "sexist jokes", and "rape jokes", while all of the poor, defenseless females were forced to slave away by the evil males who sat around playing video games all day? Why does this sound like the kind of crap that Anita Sarkeesian or Gloria Allred would screech about? Why do they put all of that retarded dreck into a lawsuit about Afraisabi and a few dickheads accused of actually doing something utterly vile? Why is this then magically used by every crazed dangerhair to puke up stories about how a man looked at her and she was offended, or Chris Metzen telling an intern to get back to doing her job, or how about female employees "literally shaking" over a mild criticism of their personal defects as an employee?

Going after a "literal sexual predator" is the only thing it should be about. Why should every player of the game have to suffer this woke censorship BS, when we didn't do anything wrong? Oh, right, because it's about power and propaganda, not actually helping actual victims, because they are just using an actual possible victim as a vehicle for their sheep droppings.

Incorrect. It says she was in a sexual relationship with someone in Activision, and that she killed herself. It does say she suffered sexual harassment, but it does not say that that was the actual cause of her suicide.

No. You have to be "woke" to take a few instances of actual wrong behavior, and then use it as a vehicle to push forth a narrative of preachy and powermongering Feminist horseshit. Which is what happens when those people always get a whiff of a "crisis", they use it to trash "gamers" as all being sexist rapists, and all women in the industry as weak and needing protection from any offense or how companies "need" to hire more women based on their genitals rather than actual skills.
    So she killed herself when she was out of town with other Blizzard employees just because? That same trip where people were passing around pics of her vagina? Are you fucking serious right now? She is specifically mentioned in this lawsuit because she absolutely was a victim and of course you people are more interested in shrugging off her death than being critical of Blizzard for allowing this to continue for decades. It is fucking amazing how all of you love to bash Blizzard over a game but seem to be just fine when the same company treats women like shit. It speaks volumes about your character.

Also "rape jokes" and "sex jokes" are legally defined as sexual harassment. Nothing "woke" about it. Also there is no legitimate reason for women to be paid less than men in the same position and yes that too is also illegal even if they could quit and find a better paying job.

Stop defending this bullshit and attacking people fighting for equality. You and your ilk will sit there and attack women for being feminists and deride people like Ruth Bader Ginsburg when they literally fucking litigated similar cases for MEN. Not women. MEN. They set the legal precedent that allows everyone not just women to sue companies over wage issues and sexual harassment. It wasn't men who did that for you. It was WOMEN. People like you are so fucking ignorant.

I don't care what your politics are but someone fucking died here. Have some god damn respect.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2021-07-28 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So she killed herself when she was out of town with other Blizzard employees just because?
    People don't always commit suicide for the "obvious" reasons. All I am saying is that it is possible that she killed herself for some unrelated reason, not that it is certain.

That same trip where people were passing around pics of her vagina?
    That was a completely separate time/event. The trip is where they found butt plugs and lube.

She is specifically mentioned in this lawsuit because she absolutely was a victim and of course you people are more interested in shrugging off her death than being critical of Blizzard for allowing this to continue for decades.
    She's mentioned because it allows Feminists to paint all men as evil rapists.

It is fucking amazing how all of you love to bash Blizzard over a game but seem to be just fine when the same company treats women like shit. It speaks volumes about your character.
    That's because Feminists make mountains out of molehills so often it's like a sporting event for them. If she did kill herself, that's horrible. But it doesn't have anything to do with the Blizzard Studio, as it pertains to Activision instead. The lawsuit should strictly be about Afraisabi groping his coworkers, not about unrelated crimes or stupid Feminist misandry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading some of the responses people have in this thread is genuinely depressing, no wonder Blizzard have been having these issues. A lot of the responsible individuals share the same attitudes and lack of basic human empathy shown in this thread. Fucking revolting.