Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I actually thought GC is a nice guy, i had high respect for him as human being
    was cosby exposed back then and they were taking him as example or he was still known as black american father figure?
    i think in 2013 he was still very respected figure right? right? don't turn even GC to a piece of shit....
    I don’t think the allegations were public, but the rumours were always there.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    the consent gets more questionable considering the heavy alcohol seemingly involved and the fact that they were high ups in the company the women were employees or fans of
    We don't know. Some women are into this type "bro" behavior, as weird as it may seem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I actually thought GC is a nice guy, i had high respect for him as human being
    was cosby exposed back then and they were taking him as example or he was still known as black american father figure?
    i think in 2013 he was still very respected figure right? right? don't turn even GC to a piece of shit....
    At that point Cosby had already settled multiple times for allegations of rape and sexual assault, from what I'm aware.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

So I guess they will rename/remove that rare ghost crab in Vashj'ir also called Ghostcrawler?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I question how in the world people are managing to pretzel themselves into still supporting this dev team when we have the text messages that pretty clearly spell out this wasn't about "Dad Bods" or "Ugly Sweaters" this was about, as the messages say, "chixx."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are correct, however the accusations against Cosby were well known among many circles within the entertainment sphere since the 90s, it wasn't even really a secret. But, like I said, you are correct that it was later on that the media finally started reporting on it and the law actually got involved.

More damning than that though is the conversation tied with the pics - no one is wearing a silly sweater, no mention of the sweater, but plenty of chatter about sex and females.
    Maybe for having a lot of sex, I can’t believe anyone would name it that because they heard he drugged and raped women. Bob Barker suite would’ve also worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Oh boy, more fuel for people to get irrationally angry about for easy social points that nobody cares about.

#WitchHunt
    #Yawn
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Inappropriate for the company.
    Personally I don't give a rats ass what kind of sexual deviants some people are if it's consensual (which isn't clear in this case).
    If somebody that high in a billion dollar company is trying to bone you, it's not the easiest things to say no to

''Reminder, this is during time Cosby was already under either charges or allegations of severe shit''

https://twitter.com/TheRealWilian/st...66868817735681

We don't know. Some women are into this type "bro" behavior, as weird as it may seem.
    That this whole "bro" thing even exists is one of the core problems. Have you even read any of the articles?!

Imagine being Game Director and the only thing you care about before Blizzcon is where the women are at and what kind of liquor is ready. This is really, really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmune View Post
    It was because of the ugly sweaters and colors he wore. The old Blizzard building they worked at also had terrible color schemes and reminded them of Bill Cosby. This was well before the Bill Cosby sexual allegations were brought to light.
    The allegations against Bill Cosby were a thing as early as 2006, seven years before this. It took that long to get people to start coming forward.

Visit the link (from CNN no less) that goes into his deposition and has quotes from it. The despostion took place in 2005-2006: https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/enter...tes/index.html

Now: Would it be possible to put this thing that no one knew about Cosby's sexual abuse accusations by 2013 away? It's not true. It had been in the wind for seven years by that point.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-28 at 08:43 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

In hindsight this probably seems worse than it was back then. Remember, Cosby was not a persona non grata back then, but a popular entertainer. So while we connect the Cosby name now with frivolity (and alleged rape), back then this connection would have sounded absolutely ridiculous.

And yes. This is obviously (wannabe) frat boy culture. But I don't think this would count for anything in court. It's not forbidden to have a party at conventions. Hell, probably half of all big American corporations would be in trouble if it were, considering how many conventions are held in Las Vegas. And don't tell me those conventions take place there, because the hotels are that great...

I know this sounds apologetic, but personally I think we should draw a line between business behaviour and behaviour in private. Some of them probably didn't do that, but it's pretty unfair to take this event as basis for such allegations. Like come on, don't they come across as some as some desparate men, that never experienced that in college and were now happy to be able to party like all the "cool guys" in college did? At least for me it seems that way. Kinda "Project X" like.

At least Afrasiabi seems extremely desperate, tbh.

And honestly, the Cosby suite seems like a meme if you view some of the reactions. Of course, 7 years later it's not funny anymore.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-07-28 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I question how in the world people are managing to pretzel themselves into still supporting this dev team when we have the text messages that pretty clearly spell out this wasn't about "Dad Bods" or "Ugly Sweaters" this was about, as the messages say, "chixx."
    I text about "chixx" with my buddies too. Or i used to when i was younger. Doesn't mean there was rape involved or some shit like that.
    That being said, I don't support them. This still looks very creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp.

The "old guard" sadly seems very implicated in one way or the other according to statements. Greg, Alex, Dave, AJB, Mike... Yeah.. Mike was sad to see to be one of the ones knowing off it without dealing with it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't really see what's so damning about this with regards to Ghostcrawler or anyone in that photo. They're not in the office, they're out partying and getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    That this whole "bro" thing even exists is one of the core problems. Have you even read any of the articles?!

Imagine being Game Director and the only thing you care about before Blizzcon is where the women are at and what kind of liquor is ready. This is really, really bad.
    Imagine that, imagine these allegations coming out, instantly denying them, seeing the evidence, saying ‘that’s bad but we knew nothing about it’, then being clearly implicated in it.

That’s what’s happened here. The whole business is rotten, root and stem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I don't really see what's so damning about this with regards to Ghostcrawler or anyone in that photo. They're not in the office, they're out partying and getting drunk.
    On it's own, maybe not. While we have this allegation shit storm? Answer yourself.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I text about "chixx" with my buddies too. Or i used to when i was younger. Doesn't mean there was rape involved or some shit like that.
    That being said, I don't support them. This still looks very creepy.
    That's the difference though, isn't it? You did when you were younger. With your buddies. Not when you're middle aged at a professional conference that pertains to a 'frat boy culture' within the company that has been investigated on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    In hindsight this probably seems worse than it was back then. Remember, Cosby was not a persona non grata back then, but a popular entertainer. So while we connect the Cosby name now with frivolity (and alleged rape), back then this connection would have sounded absolutely ridiculous.
    You need to update your hindsight. Check the CNN link I posted above from Cosby's deposition on rape charges allegations in 2005-2006.

Here are some highlights from a newly released 2005-2006 deposition of Bill Cosby related to a civil suit brought by former Temple University basketball coach Andrea Constand. She is one of dozens of women who accuse Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting them. Cosby has never been charged with a crime and denies the allegations of sexual assault.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-28 at 08:50 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Now use those brain cells.

Cosby was America's Uncle/Grandpa... so the Cosby Suite at Blizzard was for the uncle/grandpa types, right? Basically "dad bod" jokes before "dad bod" jokes were a thing.
    It was a well known "secret" back in the day Cosby liked to party and party hard. That's where most of his accusations came from. People would party with him and do copious amounts of drugs and then sometimes they would bang. The original lawsuit and his deposition admitted as much. The reason they didn't go after him criminally back then was because there wasn't enough evidence of a crime. Then they took his deposition, which he didn't technically have 5th amendment protect from, because the case wasn't criminal and wouldn't be used in a criminal case, and used it to criminally prosecute him, which violated his 5th amendment rights. That's why his sentence was thrown out. The dude was a creep but not a criminal. Probably the same for Alex and crew.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn