View Poll Results: What xpac had the more worse story?

Voters
420. This poll is closed
  • WoD

151 35.95%
  • SL

269 64.05%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People hate shadowlands more right now because it's current. More fresh of the "Oh that sucks". People need a reminder on WoD to remember how bad it was, not for SL.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

WoD's issues were lack of content, what we did get was pretty alright, outside of mindless garrison things. WoD's story is infinitely better than the mess going on in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Is the 1:9 like to dislike ratio of SL cinematics on youtube also a vocal minority? Because while I cant argue the fact that forums represent a minority, I m pretty sure a huge number of people watch the videos on youtube.
    So you're saying public response to standalone video with no context of the quests leading up to it is an accurate representation of a wholesome opinion derived from knowledgeable experience / time commitment?

I swear most people don't even read questlines, they just wait until there's a cutscene to wrap it up, and if it doesn't fit in with the last questline they completed / cutscene they viewed they scream that the story is stretching too far and their smooth brains are melting

I mean I don't really see much of a story in SL. It's like.. here is where dead people go. See there are some dead people you remember. Oh that big guy is bad. Oh the undead lady works with him. Have we mentioned this is where dead people go and shown some cameos yet? Oh.. we have? Well exciting stuff to come!

For half a decade I felt like nothing could top the inane "Draenor is free!" axe-waving Grom, right after Archimonde was killed for the Xth time. How wrong I was.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is worse than Grom, and somehow is getting more actively redeemed than Grom, that's all you need to say to vote SL.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think ur getting stuck on time travel way too much.
    All WOD zones had nothing to do with time travel.

Even the raids had nothing to do with time travel until archimonde appeared.
    Yea time travel nonsense started the expansion but the entire adventure is completely unbothered by time travel.

Unlike simpvanas and zovaal who are at every fucking corner and the mawwalker garbage constantly being rammed up our arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    WoD by far.

It was less intriguing, ruined old established lore and opened up a gigantic can of alternate universe worms.

SL is just not that good, but that is to be expected.
    SL has ruined way more established lore. With WoD, we can at least say that ruining the established lore is in a different timeline. We can't do that with SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    So you're saying public response to standalone video with no context of the quests leading up to it is an accurate representation of a wholesome opinion derived from knowledgeable experience / time commitment?

I swear most people don't even read questlines, they just wait until there's a cutscene to wrap it up, and if it doesn't fit in with the last questline they completed / cutscene they viewed they scream that the story is stretching too far and their smooth brains are melting
    I read the questlines. The cinematics are still fiery garbage. The questline text has just been gasoline on that fire.

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Always hated these posts for this very reason.
    Let's be real here. This isn't a topic to discuss which story was better, it's (yet another) boring, bland totally predictable echo chamber for people to express their super unique views about how much the story sucked in both of these games.

edit: LOL, like the guy right above me

The only way Shadowlands lore is good is if we lost to Nzoth and all of it is meant to be bullshit.

The shadowlands story isn't bad if you read all the lore from all sources. The problem however is that not all the stories are being told in game. Like back in legion calia menethil is a human follower in the priest story and in BFA she is suddenly an undead. Now if i as a WoW player never read any of the books or other media from WoW just the game i wouldn't understand why this happened. There is a lot of story problems in WoW where the story needed to be told in game to make sense of it.

So all in all the story itself isn't bad the telling of the story is what is bad.
    Last edited by runepower; 2021-08-02 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD.

Time mechanics are always ridiculous. Even if the characters are awesome.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Let's be real here. This isn't a topic to discuss which story was better, it's (yet another) boring, bland totally predictable echo chamber for people to express their super unique views about how much the story sucked in both of these games.

edit: LOL, like the guy right above me
    Shouldn't you be glad? It's a way for you to bitch and moan about everyone who doesn't share your opinion, it's essentially a means to validate your entire existence here on this board.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and how is the fact other people are there contradicting that we never get (or lorewise cant get) out of there?
    What "other people"? NPCs? Which ones.

Because we see Griftah in Oribos. There is also a Conservatory quest for the Night Fae that takes you several times back to Azeroth to do stuff.

Last but not least we also see Calia and Taelia showing up in Oribos and then returning back to Azeroth as part of the main storyline.

Gonna go off on a whim here and vote Warlords of Draenor as the worse story here. The combined might of the orc clans invading Azeroth never really stood a chance, since they couldn't make it past the blasted lands. Not much of a threat if their plans for conquest ended before it even began.

By comparison, Garrosh got alot more done as Warchief of the horde, before his defeat in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by onesBronson; 2021-08-03 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Shouldn't you be glad? It's a way for you to bitch and moan about everyone who doesn't share your opinion, it's essentially a means to validate your entire existence here on this board.
    Yes, I'm so glad to see the 7,383th negativity echo chamber this month week day hour minute. It brings me no greater pleasure than to see hundreds of thousands of people who visit WoW forums for the express purpose of sharing with the world their extremely unique opinion that the game it was made to discuss sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    just as a quick reminder: its about the story here, of both xpacs. not the xpac as a whole.
    Okay.......

I was just answering someones question. No idea why you replied to my post with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yes, I'm so glad to see the 7,383th negativity echo chamber this month week day hour minute. It brings me no greater pleasure than to see hundreds of thousands of people who visit WoW forums for the express purpose of sharing with the world their extremely unique opinion that the game it was made to discuss sucks.
    These forums are crawling with vengeful exes who have nothing better to do with their lives but to shit on everything current expansion WoW for years and years on, nothing new there. That's why class discords and other community discords are infinitely better, because people who do this bullshit there get banned to shit after a short while.

It's ok to be skeptic and negative, but there are quite a few instigators and gaslighters on this site that exist to purely just shit on everything WoW no matter what and simply do nothing but poison the well for years. And in my opinion they should have been removed years ago and that would make the whole forum community better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    These forums are crawling with vengeful exes who have nothing better to do with their lives but to shit on everything current expansion WoW for years and years on, nothing new there. That's why class discords and other community discords are infinitely better, because people who do this bullshit there get banned to shit after a short while.

It's ok to be skeptic and negative, but there are quite a few instigators and gaslighters on this site that exist to purely just shit on everything WoW no matter what and simply do nothing but poison the well for years. And in my opinion they should have been removed years ago and that would make the whole forum community better.
    If it was just a couple people, maybe you'd have a point. But A LOT of people are dissatisfied with SL's story so far. you trying to call all of them "vengeful exes" and "gaslighters" is ironic considering you're literally gaslighting people in this thread by calling them "vengeful exes".

I thought the story in WoD was a shambles, BUT, it still felt like warcraft. SL is far, far less enjoyable for me personally, and I dont give a shit about ANY of the characters, and I just dont enjoy it. To be clear, I didnt enjoy BfA at all either, although it had a couple of ok moments, and I actually didnt like the story in Legion at all either, except for the parts attached to the weapons which I found moderately enjoyable.

Personally, I just dont enjoy all this cosmic space world ending shit, I prefer the more grounded situations. Even with the time travel, once we were through, WoD had a pretty standard story really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.