Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Who was the last character you really liked in Warcraft?

For me, Legion’s Thalyssra, Prince Farondis and Illidan were pretty cool.

I liked BFA’s Jaina and Azshara too

I liked Tyrande in 8.1 and all the shadowlands cinematics. Lovely arc.

I loved Anduin from the BFA pre quel,

And I’ll admit it, I like that Sylvanas is saved somewhat rather than destroyed. I think it’s far more interesting to explore what she would be like now than simply killing her. Though I find the dev boner for her so creepy.

Johnny Awesome and Fiona. I kinda miss the more mundane, everyday characters you can relate to in some way, don't think we've had any since maybe Pandaria.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thalyssra, Flynn and Bwonsamdi, in no particular order. I don't know why are Illidank and Jaina so liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian. His arc from Wrath all the way to his death in Legion was fantastic imo. Seeing him go from this hotheaded warrior to a more measured king was great to watch.

I have liked a lot of other characters as well but Varian outshines them all for me.

Garrosh.

I almost liked Sylvanas at the beginning of Legion when she first became warchief, but they dropped the ball with making her a good and competent leader to set up this awful Jailer bullshit.

Varian, Jaina, Genn, and Anduin (pre-Shadowlands) are probably the characters that I consider to have had the most interesting character growth/development through out the story. Thrall is pretty close at this point although sometimes I think that Blizzard is just at a loss about what to do with him.

Lor'themar, and now also Thalyssra, aren't often the main focus but they're pretty stable characters that I find enjoyable whenever they're in the spotlight.

Granted, everything that I wrote above is relative to the story/characters in WoW. Blizzard's writing seems haphazard to me even at the best of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    For me, Legion’s Thalyssra, Prince Farondis and Illidan were pretty cool.

I liked BFA’s Jaina and Azshara too

I liked Tyrande in 8.1 and all the shadowlands cinematics. Lovely arc.

I loved Anduin from the BFA pre quel,

And I’ll admit it, I like that Sylvanas is saved somewhat rather than destroyed. I think it’s far more interesting to explore what she would be like now than simply killing her. Though I find the dev boner for her so creepy.
    Well, I still like them, even though three of them are dead.

Tirion, Uther, Gazlowe, Varian, Shaw, Genn, Tess, Jaina, and I believe that is all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Flynn, bisexual disaster scoundrel who had some of the best lines and funniest WQ intro's. god I hope they bring him back in a future expansion.

BFA Jaina her storyline was incredible though that huge questline.

Varian. He had some of the best character development I've ever seen spread out amongst several expansions ending with that final cinematic in Legion. Kinda wondering if he's going to show up in Shadowlands(possibly when we're trying to save his son)?

I actually enjoyed Garrosh before they made him go full hitler. Was a refreshing change after Thrall.

The one and only, which Blizzard took a giant shit on him, my man Tirion Fordring!
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

The cool character stereotype is a character that apologizes for nothing and instead fully owns all their actions (as long as they dont commit genocide or something). Doesnt whine and do a ton of soul-searching. They did it. They own it. Lets fucking go.

Illidan is kinda written that way. Thats why people gravitate towards him. Garrosh was that before he went Hitler. Sylvanas was that before she burned the tree.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Thalyssra, Flynn and Bwonsamdi, in no particular order. I don't know why are Illidank and Jaina so liked.
    I like Illidan portrayal. I think Legion recaptured the original Illidan very well.

So did the Well of Eternity, confident, cocky, arrogant. His lines were amazing and delivered so well.

He was so contemptuous of the lEgion, it was awesome to see someone diss them so grandly, and it wasn’t pure arrogance either, this guy was constantly biting deeply into their plans, always growing in power to combat them.

What’s not to like? He had a goal, it was just cause, he wasn’t apologetic about the things he did to achieve that he owned it, took responsibility, no tons of reflection or preachy justification. He was actually quite honest despite the dark path he took

TBC Illidan was the only one I don’t really get. But then despite the cinematic he is pretty much unheard of directly till his encounter in the black temple.

Jaina. I like how they turned her around. She feels like a Jaina again so well. From BFA onwards.

Illidan and Jaina IMO are two characters they managed to fix well. I am hoping Sykvanas is the third
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-08-07 at 08:05 AM.

The Nightfallen were all pretty cool - Thalyssra, Valtrois, and Oculeth were a good mix of funny and serious, without too many cringe moments.

I also liked Khadgar. I'm not sure why he was effectively retired, I guess it didn't fit into the whole "let's get back to the faction war you guys!" narrative they thought would be a good idea.

Sylvanas up to about the middle of BFA or so was actually quite an interesting character. She seemed like someone who gets shit done, even if it seems callous or unpopular. Too bad they just cranked everything up to Cringe Factor >9,000 after that.

Most of the leadership of both Alliance and Horde is pretty damn pathetic at this point. They're mostly one-dimensional stock characters or walking MacGuffins.

Favorite character of ALL time though has to go to our Shadow Priest Knaifu, Xal'atath. Really hope we get to see her again.

will it be cliche if i say Sylvanas ?

and before her Garosh

i like chaotic evil chars - especialy ones that even try to win the war in world of peacecraft.

Alleria and Magister Umbric.

It sure is a shame that Alleria was ignored in 9.1 in favour of the same overrated WC3 characters, and that Sylvanas gets the fifth pre-rendered cinematic in a row this expansion instead of a surprise character like Umbric.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Khadgar. I miss him.

Flynn, Khadgar and most of the important Pandaren.

Shame there are next to no interesting Trolls.

Khadgar and gul'dan. They couldn't have picked a more perfect voice actor for khadgar than Amendola. One of my favourite characters from Stargate series too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Probably Gul'dan.