Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Who'd replace Sylvanas as the "bad bitch" character in warcraft?

Sylvie is on her way to a form of redemption and a definite chnage in character - now whether that turns out to be a great thing orn ot, depends on how well it's written, but her days as the love/hate character, the 2bitch" female character most shows and stories have seem to be over.

Who would replace her?

Elune? - I doubt it, she is benevolent despite a "?" mark over teldrassil
    Zovvaal? I don't think you can really put god-like beings into that sort of role - He's more Sargeras level type - wait, isn't Zovaal more powerful than Sargeras? Presumably Eternal Ones > titans

My bet, is Azshara -those two sly females had quite the catty moments in N'zoths revelation of their conspiring with each other. If Sylvie is turning good, then Azshara is the ideal candidate to take up that mantle.. I can't see anyone else filling that role - Tyrande possibly, until it is clear she chose renewal over vengeance and so gets to keep her night warrior powers but as a high priestess good person.

They could bring Xal'atath in play again, there is something more devious about that character, but not everything seems as evil as it appears, same with Azshara and same with Sylvie, so she might work.

Who is your bet?

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully a new created character that we didn't meet yet
    and i hope it get built over time like how Garrosh was
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    No more "Bad bitch" characters, we need more strong & independent women in WoW.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    No more "Bad bitch" characters, we need more strong & independent women in WoW.
    Sylvanas "I will serve no one" - can you get stronger or more independent than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Sylvanas "I will serve no one" - can you get stronger or more independent than that?
    Probably Azshara, as you said. Both are arrogant elves trying to usurp their bosses.

Gallywix...because he is a baaaaad biiitch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvie is on her way to a form of redemption and a definite chnage in character - now whether that turns out to be a great thing orn ot, depends on how well it's written, but her days as the love/hate character, the 2bitch" female character most shows and stories have seem to be over.

Who would replace her?

Elune? - I doubt it, she is benevolent despite a "?" mark over teldrassil
    Zovvaal? I don't think you can really put god-like beings into that sort of role - He's more Sargeras level type - wait, isn't Zovaal more powerful than Sargeras? Presumably Eternal Ones > titans

My bet, is Azshara -those two sly females had quite the catty moments in N'zoths revelation of their conspiring with each other. If Sylvie is turning good, then Azshara is the ideal candidate to take up that mantle.. I can't see anyone else filling that role - Tyrande possibly, until it is clear she chose renewal over vengeance and so gets to keep her night warrior powers but as a high priestess good person.

They could bring Xal'atath in play again, there is something more devious about that character, but not everything seems as evil as it appears, same with Azshara and same with Sylvie, so she might work.

Who is your bet?
    I guess we still have Vanessa VanCleef, Azshara, Magatha Grimtotam, and Xal'atath? As well, more can be developed as the story progresses.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Needs to be unfoundedly arrogant character. Most likely Talanji or one of the elves. Could be Voltrois, Thalyssra, Shandris. Obviously Maiev would fit the role perfectly, but she holds absolutely no power, so she can't really replace Sylvanas unless they give her some major developments.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Jaina... they already ruined her so why not go all in.

The Jailor made Arthas kill and enslave Sylvanas and Sylvanas then ended up wilfully serving him. I can't imagine a more dependent character than her. Didn't have a single original thought throughout this story. Just everybody else's chew toy to be passed around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    The Jailor made Arthas kill and enslave Sylvanas and Sylvanas then ended up wilfully serving him. I can't imagine a more dependent character than her. Didn't have a single original thought throughout this story. Just everybody else's chew toy to be passed around.
    All true, but she felt she was in full control all the time, and was being strong and independent - but was actually enslaved ---sound familiar?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Needs to be unfoundedly arrogant character. Most likely Talanji or one of the elves. Could be Voltrois, Thalyssra, Shandris. Obviously Maiev would fit the role perfectly, but she holds absolutely no power, so she can't really replace Sylvanas unless they give her some major developments.
    oh forgot, Maiev, she'd have been perfect, but then they started restoring her to sanity, but if she flips again, it would just be in character of her unstable character mould.. so yeh, it could work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I guess we still have Vanessa VanCleef, Azshara, Magatha Grimtotam, and Xal'atath? As well, more can be developed as the story progresses.
    What's the last we heard from Magatha? She is the archetypical "old crone" if there ever was one.

why does there need to be a "bad bitch" category as you describe? Just because the way her characterization has been?
    why would you want to insert another character to be developed exactly how Sylvanas was???

Yrel probably, though she is not as sassy as of of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    why does there need to be a "bad bitch" category as you describe? Just because the way her characterization has been?
    why would you want to insert another character to be developed exactly how Sylvanas was???
    There is always an anti hero type character with some nasty attitude and traits but not totally evil.

It’s usually a good thing to have at least one of those around. Doesn’t have to be female. Illidan was one such. Sylvie plays that role quite well imo,

Tyrande might become Bad Bitch.

Didn't play during WoD era, but what I've heard Yrel became/was sort of an extremist with sort of questionable means? They have to bring back AU timeline though to make use of her, but usually a good willing person feeling forced to do more and more questionable means is a natural and often compelling story arc for bad characters. Sort of like Arthas.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Sylvanas was always enslaved. There were only moments when she didn't think she was. And so easy to be duped...a pawn manipulated...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sylvanas was always enslaved. There were only moments when she didn't think she was. And so easy to be duped...a pawn manipulated...
    I mean if we are honest they just made her insanely stupid to push a plot. I have seen hamsters show more basic deduction skill then the character.

Alleria has all the makings of a character that could go cuckoo for cocopuffs at any point. Might as well keep it in the family, and this could be what she needs to stop being so tragically boring.

Question

Uh, hello? Anduin? Are we playing the same game?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the last we heard from Magatha? She is the archetypical "old crone" if there ever was one.
    Was during the Shaman Class Hall questline in Legion, where after she completed helping you, she chooses to do her own. Story-wise, I'm guessing back with the tribe, plotting to have Thunder Bluff in her control. She's had the taste of power during Legion, and most likely would love more. Not to mention that she has the tribe still, and grandchildren.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Yrel probably, though she is not as sassy as of of yet.
    Well. True. AU Yrel has, at the current, everything counting for her to be a 'bad bitch' kind of category.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..