Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Or because it’s an old position they are bringing back because it worked better

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love them to do something about toxicity in game
    Removing/spit but not blocking racial slurs in chat isn’t it
    They have at least one blocked because Wowhead did a news story about "reserved words" back in april. You also say you want things done but are gate keeping what can be done behind "All or nothing" type of comments. This is the second time so you can't even deny that.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It concerns me that so many people put all the responsibility to "fix toxicity" on the shoulders of Blizzard, when Toxicity comes from the players. Blaming the game, and the devs, for the behaviour of the community is in my mind, exactly the same as Blizzard blaming the players for their harassment in the workplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Based on everything you've said in this thread it doesn't appear you have an actual opinion about anything. What exactly are you trying to argue?
    Because this thread isn't about my opinions, it's about the fact that Blizzard is looking for an associate of sorts for Ion, and about what it might entail. Thanks for the bump btw
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-08-09 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Because this thread isn't about my opinions, it's about the fact that Blizzard is looking for an associate of sorts for Ion, and about what it might entail. Thanks for the bump btw
    So it is about your opinions, and the opinions of everyone else, because what it might entail is all speculation. You have yet to state what part of the community the game is being designed for. You keep making statements while shying away from actually giving answers. What are you afraid of?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They have at least one blocked because Wowhead did a news story about "reserved words" back in april. You also say you want things done but are gate keeping what can be done behind "All or nothing" type of comments. This is the second time so you can't even deny that.
    When you say they are against toxicity but I show you how it’s not really all that against it you say “well they are but just because it’s not against all toxicity”

Dude I can’t spit on you in tbc classic but I can call you a nigger

Tell me what one is more toxic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It concerns me that so many people put all the responsibility to "fix toxicity" on the shoulders of Blizzard, when Toxicity comes from the players. Blaming the game, and the devs, for the behaviour of the community is in my mind, exactly the same as Blizzard blaming the players for their harassment in the workplace.
    Blizzard devs blame a guy who quit WoW for the toxic community
    Now they blame him for random people on Twitter saying they should be fired
    I shit you not there are people who want him banned from a game he’s not even playing because of this

Meanwhile you have devs and CMs who are just as “toxic” if not more so to the players.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They found downsizing doesn't work when it just makes everyone run faster but especially lose their heads at each other resulting in a toxic work environment and lawsuit.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you say they are against toxicity but I show you how it’s not really all that against it you say “well they are but just because it’s not against all toxicity” Dude I can’t spit on you in tbc classic but I can call you a nigger Tell me what one is more toxic
    So they can't do something about toxicity because they haven't stopped other toxicity? Again. You keep saying that they have to do everything or nothing. That isn't how it works. You can also get in trouble for using the n-word in the game.

So you don't "love for them to do something about toxicity in-game". You just want to attack them because they haven't stopped everything and thus can't do something until they do everything. I figured the reserved word would be the n-word. So either it is already banned or they have yet to expand the system they introduced in April.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/chat-mo...d-words-321894
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-08-09 at 10:28 PM.

Blizzard devs blame a guy who quit WoW for the toxic community
    Now they blame him for random people on Twitter saying they should be fired
    I shit you not there are people who want him banned from a game he’s not even playing because of this

Meanwhile you have devs and CMs who are just as “toxic” if not more so to the players.
    I was more referencing the guy on twitter saying "if you are worried about the game itself, YOU are the problem"
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Blizz profits are up so from a developer pov they're doing everything right. Anything they're doing now is for publicity and appearances, for the sake of shareholders.
    Yeah because the people leaving for XIV wont show up till the next quarter

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I was more referencing the guy on twitter saying "if you are worried about the game itself, YOU are the problem"
    Oh shit I forgot about him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah because the people leaving for XIV wont show up till the next quarter
    I'll take "Things that have been said every quarter since 2004" for $1,000, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Blizz profits are up so from a developer pov they're doing everything right. Anything they're doing now is for publicity and appearances, for the sake of shareholders.
    The damage, if any, from the recent events wont show until next quarter, and with people paying for 6month subs, it might not be as 'bad' as some are predicting. MAU's are down over 25% in the last few years though, so clearly something isnt working out.

So they can't do something about toxicity because they haven't stopped other toxicity? Again. You keep saying that they have to do everything or nothing. That isn't how it works. You can also get in trouble for using the n-word in the game.

So you don't "love for them to do something about toxicity in-game". You just want to attack them because they haven't stopped everything and thus can't do something until they do everything. I figured the reserved word would be the n-word. So either it is already banned or they have yet to expand the system they introduced in April.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/chat-mo...d-words-321894
    Did I say they can’t do anything about toxicity? No

They are essentially putting out burning bushes in a wildfire and expecting pats on the back

15+ Year Old Account
    Did I say they can’t do anything about toxicity? No They are essentially putting out burning bushes in a wildfire and expecting pats on the back
    When you say they are against toxicity but I show you how it’s not really all that against it
    I would love them to do something about toxicity in game
    Removing/spit but not blocking racial slurs in chat isn’t it
    You keep saying they are not doing anything about toxicity just because they are not doing everything about toxicity. Which says that they can't do anything because it is some how wrong or bad since it doesn't cover X as well. See how you state they are putting out burning bushes in a wildfire. It is clear you don't want to be labeled as a person supporting toxicity while at the same time attacking Blizzard over taking small stops to stop toxicity.

Pick which side you want to be on and stop playing both.

You keep saying they are not doing anything about toxicity just because they are not doing everything about toxicity. Which says that they can't do anything because it is some how wrong or bad since it doesn't cover X as well. See how you state they are putting out burning bushes in a wildfire. It is clear you don't want to be labeled as a person supporting toxicity while at the same time attacking Blizzard over taking small stops to stop toxicity.

I believe what SOME people are trying to say (rather unsuccessfuly) is that they dont feel they are doing enough, rather than that they are doing nothing. You are correct to say doing nothing is NOT the same as not doing enough.

Believe it or not, not every issue can be - or should be - reduced to a simple “Us vs. Them” mentality. Polarization kills nuance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Believe it or not, not every issue can be - or should be - reduced to a simple “Us vs. Them” mentality. Polarization kills nuance.
    There is no nuance with toxicity. Either you support toxicity or you do not. Attacking small steps taken just because they haven't done enough or stopped every case is dumb. The most important step is always the next one. It remains to be seen if Blizzard will take that next step but until then we shouldn't fault them for taking a previous step.

god at what point are any of you going to explain how you're even under attack? because Blizz made a character Trans? they made strong female leads? like prove to me that's not what you're complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    are you old enough to remember the rise of Justin bieber?

do you remember all the people who hated him for no reason
    do you remember all the memes making fun of him
    do you really think he did anything deserving of all that hate

was Justin bieber the cause of that hate or did the hate already exist and people just directed their hate towards him because he was out in the open and a easy target
    this explains nothing! can you be any more unbelievably cryptic??? like what it is are you afraid of that you can't just come out and say it??? I'm not trying to dunk on you, I'm not trying to get a gotcha on you. I am literally bewildered by the lack of substance at this unseen unknowing threat that seems to be like an invisible fog that's always there but just out of reach...