Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The cut scene quality is fine. Could it have been a unique animation? Sure. But it's a rather dull scene to want to animate so I don't think it's worth the effort.

The content is... well... it's certainly there. They certainly seem to be doubling down on a Sylvanas redemption arc, which... I mean... Maybe don't?

Why is Anduin even free enough to have this conversation lol

You’d think the Jailer himself would have the juice to completely dominate a human with one swoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    You wanna know how such an ingame cinematic comes to light?

Here is how:

Imagine this conversation between Blizzard CEO JAB, Bobby Kottick, Danuser and Ion Hazzikostas:

Q: How do we stretch a lousy xpac through 3 major patches, story wise?
    A: We swing from cliffhanger to cliffhanger, like Tarzan.
    Q: Investment?
    A: Cheap!
    Perfect! Make it so!

PS: When you look at the quality of WoW and other Blizz games these days, you understand that above meeting was declared as a whole work day. After such a hard and long meeting, they mostly gonna drink some whisky and play golf, to relax from all that hard work.
    I don't think they even hold meetings in their headquarters.

they probably do online meeting for 5 - 10 minutes to create another garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

No reason this couldn't have been a pre-rendered cinematic considering the player character is barely even involved

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a feeling poor Anduin was just a puppet, well, still is. Just annoyed that we'll most likely not see further of this for a while.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

How disappointing. We get no plot development in the big finale of the covenant campaign aside from "oh btw mal'ganis is free now because he was in a book or something idk lol"

I mean as wow cinematics go. That was pretty good.

It established how Lich King Aniduin works and made a direct link to Slyvannas effectively becoming Arthas. Admittedly should have come out before Slyvannas heel turn since it sort of supports it.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-08-10 at 06:29 PM.

Wake me up in 6 months when the next 2 minutes of story will drop.

I have no idea who approved this style of storytelling. Waiting months for 1:30 videos that end with a cliffhanger...

D.o.g.s.h.i.t.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-08-10 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

At that point I don't even know if it keeps getting worse as the lows of storytelling are so low that they become hard to discern

anduin chose to join sylvanas in the sylvanas decision cinematic instead of being fully dominated the jailer dominates him when he feels anduin 100% wont do what he wants like attack the archon or defend him in oribos. this is why hes clearly not dominated in the begining of the cinematic where he takes the archons sigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Is this an actual anime?

"My friends will remember me yada yada yada"

> Shows Thrall

So Anduin sees Thrall as a friend, nice. Or at least the writers think Thrall is a friend of Anduin.

Oh my God this is so cringe, I never thought I'd say this but I hope Turalyon goes crazy and nukes Orgrimmar with the Vindicaar. Someone needs to remind these nerds what the franchise is called.
    Thrall is not "part" of the horde anymore. He stepped down as warchief years ago. He is just an orc.

Sylvanas with her soul intact will sacrifice herself to save Blanduin. Calling it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok so if we're not getting a 9.3 then I fully expect we will find Varian (probably in Maldraxxus somewhere) using the compass and he will help free Anduin from the Jailer's control. I honestly cannot see any other villain other than the Jailer being the main focus of 9.2. The Dreadlords I think will definitely feature in 9.2 although I don't see them as being the major villains. Maybe Helya? although she got banished back to her realm by the Primus
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-08-10 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Sylvanas with her soul intact will sacrifice herself to save Blanduin. Calling it.

yep.....i believe this and so do a lot of people going back like 5 months as well.
    Blizzard telegraphs shit so far in advance you kind of hope there will be some unique twists nd turns but nope
    sylvanas gets her soul back and regains the full "capacity' of her conscious and saves little lion arthas

I'm feeling a repeat of Traitorfang vibes with how sad Blanduin sounds here. So there's a sliver of hope he'll die a tragic death sacrificing himself to achieve pretty much nothing. All the while we have yet another stepping stone for Sylvanas' lol-redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Why is Anduin even free enough to have this conversation lol

You’d think the Jailer himself would have the juice to completely dominate a human with one swoop.
    Not one as amazing as Blanduin the Holy-boned, obviously. Way to undermine the main villain of the expansion and the supposed next Sargeras by still fellating this storytelling void, Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Basically the last interaction reshuffled to fit Anduin's tragic persona buildup.

The Sylvanas line about it all being worth it in the end is so misplaced it irks me to no end. Whatever Zovaal's plan is, it's good enough for Sylvanas to cooperate with the architect of the Scourge itself and the embodiment of the Sunwell's collapse, but this we already knew. Worse yet though, she's enthusiastical about said plan.

And while debriefing what's just been seen, Anduin asks Sylvanas if that's what she felt when serving. Sylvanas confirms it all and reinforces said state of servitude because it will pay off.
    Except shooting Zovaal in open field not half an hour later (or so) because she "will never serve".

Sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Not one as amazing as Blanduin the Holy-boned, obviously. Way to undermine the main villain of the expansion and the supposed next Sargeras by still fellating this storytelling void, Blizzard.
    This Domination magic sure doesn't work as it once did. Dranosh on the other hand? Chill as a cucumber, tried to body his father, no speech, stayed dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    that's good because Megatron, formerly Bluebald Man, doesn't deserve any respect and should be removed from existence entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by edave22 View Post
    How disappointing. We get no plot development in the big finale of the covenant campaign aside from "oh btw mal'ganis is free now because he was in a book or something idk lol"
    I mean it's pretty easy to think that when you don't even understand the very thing you mentioned that was pretty obvious.... he wasn't even there. He got freed while we fought the raid, dropped the enchanted book for us to find and left a nasty message. I mean my god the writing isn't that hard, but maybe that's the reason you people seem to complain. Maybe it needs to be on a "See Spot Run" level for these "amg writing bad" complaints stop because half of you don't even take a second to read and understand what's going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok so if we're not getting a 9.3 then I fully expect we will find Varian (probably in Maldraxxus somewhere) using the compass and he will help free Anduin from the Jailer's control. I honestly cannot see any other villain other than the Jailer being the main focus of 9.2. The Dreadlords I think will definitely feature in 9.2 although I don't see them as being the major villains. Maybe Helya? although she got banished back to her realm by the Primus
    Varian's soul was consumed. Fel magic does that canonically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    anduin chose to join sylvanas in the sylvanas decision cinematic instead of being fully dominated the jailer dominates him when he feels anduin 100% wont do what he wants like attack the archon or defend him in oribos. this is why hes clearly not dominated in the begining of the cinematic where he takes the archons sigil.
    That actually makes sense in relation to what he just said here. Each time he gets dominated he loses himself so he is choosing to follow. I don't think he chose in that cinematic, but rather AFTER the Archon one or around then. Basically he needs to willingly obey or eventually be lost completely.

Wow, this is Stormsong Valley-tier boring.

About what I expected in terms of excitement but the voice acting was fantastic. now just 10 weeks of grinding for rank 80 renown and probably 10 more before we start to hear about the next patch. Jury still out on whether or not its the last patch of this expac or not(I really wouldn't be surprised if they pull a WoD, and start putting all of their eggs into the next expac basket at this point)