Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Can we just stop to pretend that FFXIV is the holy savior of mmos?

Diablo IV has the potential to run for several years. Storywise we are back to zero with the only difference being almost all humans and a lot of angels are dead so they can milk diablo, azmodan and co for another few years. New classes every few years can ensure "new content".
    But i still doubt it will surpass wow anytime.
    i dont think he means ffxiv gameplay, but rather how ffxiv came to be, like reborn from failure

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Can we just stop to pretend that FFXIV is the holy savior of mmos?
    Agree. A few years back, people thought SWTOR was going to be the next big thing killing WoW, based on the fact that a SW MMORPG could not fail. It did not last long!!!

Lots of people have posted 'leaks' and other kind of information over the years. At least for some of them, even though they were speculations, they at least made sense with the information that was available. The credibility for this one is about a 1/10. Most of the claims make no sense when comparing with information we know for a lot of these titles.

I don't know why people say this is fake. THe way I see it, Activision can't milk WoW much longer as the shareholders won't allow it. Remember, it's not just people paying subscriptions, it's the shareholders stock value dropping to a point where they demand the CEO's head. To avoid this, Activision will do whatever is necessary, and usually these days, companies tend to drop the parts of their businesses that are not working, and focus on what is working. This happens not only in gaming but on the entire corporate world.

So, what I think is likely to happen is
    - HUGE course correction to a Blizzard more in line with old values. I highly doubt this under activision since shareholder value will always be number 1 priority.
    - Activision spins off Blizzard and/or sells it off. They won't sack everyone, they'll simply get rid of it. Then Blizzard might have a chance at rebuilding under its own banner.

Whatever happens, I don't expect things to return to "old days" in the next 5 years.

This doesn't mean I don't expect a good game in the next 5 years. To make a good WoW expansion is relatively simple. But I am pessimistic right now.

>No new WoW content for the next two years

Hard pass on this one, for both myself and the rest of the community as well

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    I don't know why people say this is fake. THe way I see it, Activision can't milk WoW much longer as the shareholders won't allow it. Remember, it's not just people paying subscriptions, it's the shareholders stock value dropping to a point where they demand the CEO's head. To avoid this, Activision will do whatever is necessary, and usually these days, companies tend to drop the parts of their businesses that are not working, and focus on what is working. This happens not only in gaming but on the entire corporate world.

So, what I think is likely to happen is
    - HUGE course correction to a Blizzard more in line with old values. I highly doubt this under activision since shareholder value will always be number 1 priority.
    - Activision spins off Blizzard and/or sells it off. They won't sack everyone, they'll simply get rid of it. Then Blizzard might have a chance at rebuilding under its own banner.

Whatever happens, I don't expect things to return to "old days" in the next 5 years.

This doesn't mean I don't expect a good game in the next 5 years. To make a good WoW expansion is relatively simple. But I am pessimistic right now.
    You realize the "old values" are the lawsuit shit right? It was all the old guard in the 2010s and before

Engage ridicule engines on warp six!

Wow is on "soft" maintenance mode from wod tbh
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2021-08-11 at 02:54 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Imagine being so bored and narcissistic that you spend the time to make up stuff like this to get attention.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2021-08-11 at 02:53 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    I believe everything I just read in this post. Source seems reliable.
    Reliable indeed. Now I want a pinch of whatever OP was smoking when (s)he wrote that
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardLeak View Post

Overwatch is believed to be unsalvageable, failing to capture any modern interest. Overwatch 2 has been cancelled, as have multiple smaller mobile projects set in the same universe. Overwatch in late 2022 will receive the maps and heroes planned for Overwatch 2, but not the PvE modes. A Netflix original series is in the works and seems unaffected by these cancellations.
    oh gurlll come on, i smoke a lot, but this?
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is way too big brand name to be just killed off like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    WoW is the most profitable part of Blizzard. Following your logic Blizzard should stop making games all together.
    Activision-Blizzard is a very profitable company - both the Activision part and the Blizzard part.
    All this big press - and social media outrage doesn't change that the company rakes in a lot of money. And money is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Agree. A few years back, people thought SWTOR was going to be the next big thing killing WoW, based on the fact that a SW MMORPG could not fail. It did not last long!!!
    The MMO genre as a whole is just on borrowed time for as long as they keep relying on so many dated mechanics. At least Blizzard tries to innovate it even though a lot of this innovation stems from trying to make the gameplay lowe rmaintenance.

If you want to create a speculation thread please label it clearly and engage in discussion around it. Since this thread hasn't gotten off to a great start and there's not too much to actually discuss, closing this down.