• ★★☆☆ [2/4]

8 6.35%
  • ★★★☆ [3/4]

22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I won't even bother with this movie if they waste the opportunity for something like this.

Two things jumped out at me from the trailer.

First was if things were really that bad for Parker, why is he still going out and about in public (such as school)? At the very least, you'd think the Avengers or Stark Industries or someone in the know would've helped in this situation for at least the protection of his family and friends. The main reason you don't reveal your identity is because it's not bloody safe for your friends and family, not just what they could do to the hero in general. Add on that he's still a kid in many respects, and it would seem obvious that the powers at be who are friendly with him would've intervened or assisted. If anything, he would've been relocated to a more secure place at least until things die down, especially if the government appears to be involved. It's feels like it's trying to go for a Dark Knight movie vibe, where Batman is accused of killing Harvey Dent and the world is against him... but add on that his identity as Bruce Wayne is revealed to the public, but he just walks around town like not much has changed still instead of going into hiding. Only thing I could think is that he's still showing his naivety as he's still a kid, or it's not really bad as implied from the trailer.

But that leads into the second point: why would Dr. Strange even attempt what appears to be a mass memory wipe if the consequences are potentially really bad for an issue that's honestly rather minor in the grand scheme of things? Again, Dr. Strange should been the last resort to helping with this issue. Maybe they're going to play it off that everyone else associated with the Avengers doesn't care or think it's not a big deal? While some may say it's within his character to do rash things, much of his character progression until this point has been him tempering his character to make more sound judgements... this plays off as taking a step back and feels like a stretch.

Honestly, on the surface, these two issues can be resolved as they run in conflict with each other. Instead of being out and about like he always did, imagine if he's actually in hiding (whether assisted by the Avengers, the government, incarcerated, what have you). After his experiences in Infinity War and End Game, compounded with the accusation of him killing a person, isolation is a cruel mistress. I could easily see such mental stress portrayed in this light as being enough to be desperate enough to seek out Dr. Strange, especially if his mental state due to such things are at a dangerous point that Dr. Strange feels sympathetic yet also feels responsible for what Parker experienced in Infinity War and End Game.

Considering the negative side effects of the spell, this has to occur after Loki... well, technically it could happen before Kang, but that's going by their mixed up time relatively that was so messed up in Loki that it causes so many issues. Basically, if we just ignore logic and have relative time flow just do whatever the plot wants us to do, Marvel will not have this story happen with the TVA intact since they would come and destroy either the multiverses that form or prevent Dr. Strange from casting the spell in the first place. But... you know what, I don't care enough to try to reason out every scenario based upon their terrible time mechanics, as there's so many holes that basically anything can happen, even if it doesn't make sense. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.

Back to the Spiderman movie itself, this is all based upon just the trailer and how things appear to be, which could be completely different. However, Phase 4 writing hasn't left a good impression on me compared to the previous phases. Truth be told, if these two issues are the only main issues that appear in the film, that's a huge step up over Phase 4 writing thus far. I'm still looking forward to this movie, and I hope it's great.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Can't be this order, Peter went there to ask for a memory wipe, which triggered the whole thing. Seems like the snow is purely for comedic value. Or maybe some other spell side effect.
    Seems people forget that the Sanctum usually has weird shit going on all the time in the comics.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How did Thanks crush the Tesseract? And where did Strange stash the necklace? My impression is he removed the stone, hid it in the stars, and then tried to “fool” Thanos. If it still had magic, why not throw it on in Endgame?
    Tesseract was never stated to have an enchantment on it.

Where? Anywhere? I mean he hid the stone itself how hard would it be to make an illusion which he did in the fight already.

The magic is simply to protect an item and he already knew how everything unfolded.

Anything else?

7+ Year Old Account
    couple of things:

1 - I was right and is indeed Lizard in some kind of prison, maybe its one villain they already trap somehow.

2- That count as, if sandman is in fact there, five villains, one more to make the sinister six.

3- The trailer pick up right after spider man 2, thats why he is with MJ and picking her up, this points that the "trial" and maybe Murdock and Karen Page appearance is right in the beginning.

4- After the trial he tried to go back to school, but of course everyone will be doing the paparazzi shit, with some people supporting or being against him, both ways are affecting his personal life and his friends, he ask Strange for help.

5- Strange is arrogant as fuck, of course he think he could pull out the spell as he is probably thinking he is in his best as sorcerer supreme, and of course, he think he should help peter as he is alone without Tony, of course he feel necessity to be the "Daddy" in the situation, or at least the uncle who do crazy shit.

6- Strange either made up a new amulet, because he think looks cool as its like his trademark, maybe he put another artifact on it, or, he went into another timeline to get the stone and the eye back, Strange knowing about multiverse make this at least possible.

7 - Maybe the spell backfire not just because Peter interference, as Loki stated, all the time is happening in the same time, sort of, so, The moment the timeline branch with the death of he who remains, maybe it was at the same time Wanda heard/saw her sons and Peter and Strange were doing the spell and maybe, it was because the timeline branch that the spell failed the way it did, causing the 4 rings(maybe 4 universes) to colide.

8- The 4 rings could maybe be a reflection to the "spiderverse" as the 2 old movies, the current Mcu movie and Venom movie, as 4 different timelines in the multiverse and clashed making the villains to cross
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-08-25 at 04:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    7 - Maybe the spell backfire not just because Peter interference, as Loki stated all the time is happening in the same time, sort of, so, The moment the timeline branch with the death of he who remains, maybe the same time Wanda heard/saw her sons and Peter and Strange were doing the spell and maybe, it was because the timeline branch that the spell failed the way it did, causing the 4 rings(maybe 4 universes) to colide.
    Very possible. We already know that plots of W/V, Loki and Spoder 3 are linked and Strange seems too competent to attempt huge spell and then simply royaly fuck it due to chatter. It seems that while he was casting it he realized something is already wrong.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    2- That count as, if sandman is in fact there, five villains, one more to make the sinister six.
    Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Lizard, Sandman, and Vulture. That's six right there. Scorpion is also a possibility since Mac Gargan is shown talking to Toomes in the post credits scene in Homecoming.

About the Dr. Strange seems strange thingy, my first thought upon seeing him and the Sanctum was ... he is doing a Halloween party for... I don't know, maybe some kids for charity or something. The Sanctum full of snow and Dr. Strange looking like he was wearing a Dr. Strange costume with really bad Make-up and a really bad wig. I mean, in some of the shots he kind of looks like Mrs. Munster with his hair too dark and his gray streaks far too white and thick, not to mention the recognizably painted hairline and his face looking like ... wax or something.
    And then his willingness to help Peter with a spell that he obviously knew was interfering with time and possibly the multiverse. I mean, being a bit reckless is very much in character, but in Infinity War he explicitly stated that he does not care about the lives of others enough to endanger reality for them, so endangering reality to fulfill Peter's wishes is kind of... a step too far for him, I think.
    My guess is that the Dr. Strange who meets Peter in the Sanctum isn't actually the Dr. Strange we have known so far, although it might be him again later, trying to stop Peter and the Multiverse.

Also, the guy holding up the 'Devil in disguise' sign is very sus. Everybody else is shouting and pointing, but he is just holding that sign very still and actually hiding behind it, if you look at the footage. That's what it seemed like to me, at least, he is holding the sign very close to his face (you can see some of the face at one point). I'm not saying it's Mephisto, but.... it's Mephisto.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Lizard, Sandman, and Vulture. That's six right there. Scorpion is also a possibility since Mac Gargan is shown talking to Toomes in the post credits scene in Homecoming.
    Vulture is trap and may appear in the Mobius movie, i don't think he will be released, but tis a possibility.

I don't think scorpion will, cause that would mean introducing a whole new villain, Maybe Rhino, cause i think i saw him in the Andrew movies too.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Electro is confirmed to be played by Jamie Foxx, Goblin and Doc Ock are now confirmed too with pumpkin bomb looking exactly like bombs from sam raimi's trilogy. Amazing Spider-man movies didnt went downhill, it was more like disagreement between actor and studio.

now for leaks
    Leaks are also showing garfield and tobey in bts scenes, rumours about charlie cox's daredevil and we also have rumours about Kirsten Dunst as MJ and Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
    man I hope that leak is true. Loved those characters, really well cast

- - - Updated - - -

Vulture is trap and may appear in the Mobius movie, i don't think he will be released, but tis a possibility.

I don't think scorpion will, cause that would mean introducing a whole new villain, Maybe Rhino, cause i think i saw him in the Andrew movies too.
    Technically we did see Scorpion in the Homecoming movie but he has yet to gain his powers

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I'm not saying it's Mephisto, but.... it's Mephisto.
    Is Mephisto meant to be a really bad illusionist that apparently can so poorly mimic the appearance of a person that people watching trailers immediately start picking out a half dozen details as proof? And despite not being able to perform an illusion that other MCU characters such as Loki can pull off seamlessly he is still capable of pulling off reality bending spells?

People have pointed out the Eye of Agamotto hanging around his neck as another "clue" since the assumption is that Thanos destroyed it (even though he called it a fake when he did), but then that means that whoever replaced Dr. Strange convincingly enough to fool Wong somehow missed the detail about the stone and Eye having been lost to Thanos?

This all seems like WAAAAAAY too much speculation, and to be honest with all the stuff they're already throwing at us in this movie I think throwing in another "it's not really him!" gag when they haven't even paid off the one with Fury just seems like too much and I really hope they don't do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Technically we did see Scorpion in the Homecoming movie but he has yet to gain his powers
    How so? genuinely missed that

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How so? genuinely missed that
    might've been a post credit scene, but Vulture is in prison and he comes across Scorpion who asks if he knows who Spider-Man is - Scorpion was one of the arms buyers who was arrested by the cops after the boat scene

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryrtorres33 View Post
    it is amazing.
    go away spammer
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-08-27 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no because sexless nerds need to let you know how ugly this woman is...
    While I don't think Zendaya is ugly at all (quite the opposite in fact), that picture makes her look like someone enabled big head mode in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Is Mephisto meant to be a really bad illusionist that apparently can so poorly mimic the appearance of a person that people watching trailers immediately start picking out a half dozen details as proof? And despite not being able to perform an illusion that other MCU characters such as Loki can pull off seamlessly he is still capable of pulling off reality bending spells?

People have pointed out the Eye of Agamotto hanging around his neck as another "clue" since the assumption is that Thanos destroyed it (even though he called it a fake when he did), but then that means that whoever replaced Dr. Strange convincingly enough to fool Wong somehow missed the detail about the stone and Eye having been lost to Thanos?

This all seems like WAAAAAAY too much speculation, and to be honest with all the stuff they're already throwing at us in this movie I think throwing in another "it's not really him!" gag when they haven't even paid off the one with Fury just seems like too much and I really hope they don't do it.
    I guess we differ on the "too much speculation" point. I don't think there can ever be too much speculation (as long as it concerns fictional things^^).

And while I do think that Mephisto is already in the MCU, pushing buttons in the background, I don't actually think that he's disguised as Dr. Strange here. My guess is more that it's a different Dr. Strange.
    If it's the real Dr. Strange, then they fucked up the Make-up and wig and will maybe do something about it in postproduction. I guess they have hints enough by now that something about it didn't click with audiences

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I guess we differ on the "too much speculation" point. I don't think there can ever be too much speculation (as long as it concerns fictional things^^).

And while I do think that Mephisto is already in the MCU, pushing buttons in the background, I don't actually think that he's disguised as Dr. Strange here. My guess is more that it's a different Dr. Strange.
    If it's the real Dr. Strange, then they fucked up the Make-up and wig and will maybe do something about it in postproduction. I guess they have hints enough by now that something about it didn't click with audiences
    could be a Skrull. although I don't know how proficient they are with magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    could be a Skrull. although I don't know how proficient they are with magic.
    I thought about that too, of course, but as you I'm also not sure about Skrulls and magic, so I was more leaning towards it not being Skrulls this time.

Skrulls...no magic.
    Aliens and magic...hmf Dire Wraiths...but that's not related to anything anyone has seen in the mcu. And not likely since I don't believe "spaceknights" are going to be part of it. Hasbro (IDW comics, and Allspark productions) owns that.

Strange is justifiably arrogant in the later comics. Eternity once called him a power of the universe.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Skrulls...no magic.
    Aliens and magic...hmf Dire Wraiths...but that's not related to anything anyone has seen in the mcu. And not likely since I don't believe "spaceknights" are going to be part of it. Hasbro (IDW comics, and Allspark productions) owns that.

Strange is justifiably arrogant in the later comics. Eternity once called him a power of the universe.
    Arrogance is definitely one of his personality traits. Maybe, as I think others may have pointed out, he felt guilt about Stark dying which is why he offered to help Peter. Honestly, Marvel have pulled fast ones with their trailers before so anything is possible.