Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What are these big changes everyones talking about?

I've been hearing from streamers lately and from reddit that 9.1.5 is something big. I looked at it and it just seems like quality of life changes? Is that all? Trying to find more information and looking at mmo-champion and nothing seems that big or am I thinking of something else.

Thanks and hope someone can answer. Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch streamers, at all. So, I'm curious: is this a regular thing that streamers make these big statements and then don't provide supporting information?

Um, you both realize you can simply go to the front page of MMO Champion and it'll answer your questions? Or Wowhead. Or the World of Warcraft site. There is a ton of big changes, like the covenant ripcord pulled, covenant energy gone, legendary scrapping, Torghast leveling, skippable Maw intro... so much more.
    Last edited by damonskye; 2021-08-27 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want legacy raids to solo!
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Um, you both realize you can simply go to the front page of MMO Champion and it'll answer your questions? Or Wowhead. Or the World of Warcraft site. There is a ton of big changes, like the covenant ripcord pulled, covenant energy gone, legendary scrapping, Torghast leveling, skippable Maw intro... so much more.
    That's it? Legenadry scrapping? Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    That's it? Legenadry scrapping? Hmm
    It's literally a mid-patch update (9.1.5) with quality of life stuff. It's not 9.2.

If you've never figured out that .5 patches don't actually carry game content, just balance stuff... well, I don't know what to tell you. That's been the truth of the game for about four expansions now.

Literally on the front page of this website my child

Its just the fact that they fucking listen for once. Thats the most important fucking part.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Its just the fact that they fucking listen for once. Thats the most important fucking part.
    Listen for once how? This is all pretty basic mid expansion QoL changes like we've had expansion after expansion. Everything becomes quicker and more skippable, a few shiny pieces of things that got halfway finished before the 9.1 deadline. Nothing groundbreaking or outside expectations at this point

But overall its just "meh". I mean i just play 1 character, cause i dont want anr/or have the time to do the repetitive quests/grind with multiple chars a day/week, and this ripcord thing is nothing for me. I dont care if i cant wear BiS covenant/legendary for each content. If u just do m+15 and HC and "casual) mythic raid its just a fart in the wind.

as long as all these grindy, annoying system arent account wide for all alts i wont play more then 1 charakter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's literally the first news post here.

A ton of QoL covenant stuff. Stuff that probably should have been in from the start but you know what I don't even care at this point; I will fucking take it. Certainly will make playing alts massively more enjoyable.

I haven't been this excited about a minor patch ever, I don't think.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

A ton of QoL covenant stuff. Stuff that probably should have been in from the start but you know what I don't even care at this point; I will fucking take it. Certainly will make playing alts massively more enjoyable.

Asmongold posted his recent video. So it's similarly the same thing as before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-M40Wowqo

I read the notes... If this is what keeps you guys playing or coming back... It's no wonder why blizzard is the way it is. I love the game but damn.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    The scrapping seems to be only listed in one spot I've seen and nowhere else, so I'm hesitant on that one as the full list with details didn't mention it.

Also it better be scrapping the actual base items. You really don't need to scrap the actual legendaries which a lot of people seem to suggest(if you needed to change legendaries in 9.1 you would have had enough of everything to make it by the time you had the cinders if not sooner).

- - - Updated - - -

It shouldn't have been in from the start, I don't know where people keep getting that. It absolutely made sense especially in the context they gave in the post today. The conduit energy was something that most of the people ignored. I don't think I ever dipped below 4 energy. As they said it only really impacted a real extreme and really small segment of the players. Right about now is the right time to remove the cov restrictions as it canonically makes sense.

True now players can finaly demand after you to have specific covenants becouse of this QoL. Most people never cared what covenant you had but npw you will be forced by community to have swaped into your bis at all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Listen for once how? This is all pretty basic mid expansion QoL changes like we've had expansion after expansion. Everything becomes quicker and more skippable, a few shiny pieces of things that got halfway finished before the 9.1 deadline. Nothing groundbreaking or outside expectations at this point
    The people who cried and lied about quitting are acting like it's because of them that these are happening even though you're 100% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I just want everything handed to me for free - everything. I pay my 14.99 a month so I should automatically get glad just for logging in

lol, on topic: yeah the big changes are things that should of already happened - that's how the games been since literally DAY 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedojin View Post
    I hate to say it, but they are not. This is the third expansion in a row players point out an obvious flaw with a system and ask for change, yet only get it after 1-2 patches later, if ever.
    Unless Blizzard actually listens to their players in the beta this doesn't mean much for long term WoW.
    I agree, but by now it was getting dumb and at least they listen. WoW was a joke by now, at least now....well still bad but yes.

Now please close down 70% of your servers too Blizzard :< TBC is fucking dumb atm as well, so dead.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The scrapping seems to be only listed in one spot I've seen and nowhere else, so I'm hesitant on that one as the full list with details didn't mention it.
    It's listed on the graphic released by Blizzard. Wowhead also addresses it here: https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...h-9-1-5-323942

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe by patch 9.2.5 the expansion will finally be out of beta. Two years after release.

Then everyone gets to pay to play for another expansion beta for 1 year after its "launch".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"